Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketek and last minute upgrades
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 8, 2014 12:53

Hi guys,

My teenage daughter and I have good but not great tickets to Adelaide. The Ticketek box office at Adelaide Oval opens at 4pm on the day.

What are the chances of paying an upgrade to Premium seats on one of the many Viagogo unsold Premium tickets that the promoters will return to the official pool of tickets before show time?

How did this work in Asia/Europe/USA on the last tour?

I heard that many people got great seats or upgrades at the last minute.

Re: Ticketek and last minute upgrades
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 8, 2014 16:14

This very question was actually asked by me last June, though I was referring to a stadium gig (Paris). People here claimed that box offices would not be dealing with "upgrades" and as far as my own Paris experience: they were right.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 8, 2014 22:24

ooops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-08 22:24 by swiss.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2014 22:26

swiss
ooops.

doh!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-08 22:26 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 9, 2014 04:35

Macnee2
Hi guys,

My teenage daughter and I have good but not great tickets to Adelaide. The Ticketek box office at Adelaide Oval opens at 4pm on the day.

What are the chances of paying an upgrade to Premium seats on one of the many Viagogo unsold Premium tickets that the promoters will return to the official pool of tickets before show time?

How did this work in Asia/Europe/USA on the last tour?

I heard that many people got great seats or upgrades at the last minute.

This is not done unfortunately. I went in to a ticketek outlet WITH my tickets for Perth show number 2. I showed them on their screens that I could now buy much better tickets for the same price as my PreSale ones (like about 50 metres closer to the stage - about 15 meters OFF the stage versus some 65 back that I HAVE) and they just said bad luck..if you want better seats, buy better seats....which UNFORTUNATELY I AM considering.....!!

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: October 9, 2014 05:47

At Rod Laver in 2003 a friend and I had bought tickets by the B-Stage through the pre-sale. We went into the box office inside Rod laver (as opposed to the one outside), and we were able to exchange our tickets, and pay the difference and ended up with 2nd Row (behind the Ono's) right next to the catwalk!

I think the people in the Outside box office told us to go in to the internal one to do the transaction. I was stunned at the time that we could do that. Things have probably changed though....

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 9, 2014 11:07

In London 2007 we had the chance of upgrading our tickets the first two nights inside the arena.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home