Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick in Paris, October 2
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 7, 2014 01:05

I'm sensing "Been there, done that, seen it all. Nothing new here."

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 7, 2014 01:28

Mick knows what he's doing...smart cookie that Mick.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 7, 2014 03:16

Rockman
....it's about time Justin started ta shave .....
this 1000 times over.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 7, 2014 03:22

Actually---tho I love the dishy Lenny Kravitz---Lenny could be seen as odd man out in
this photo. Whether or not one is a fan of The Bieb, he's more in Mick's tax bracket and
realm of celebrity than Mr. Kravitz.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 7, 2014 04:55

With Olga, he looks like he's saying, yeah, I'm a good boy, she's the one who's leaning on my shoulder.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: October 7, 2014 07:08

I'm a little disappointed in the hypocryrtical trashing of The Biebs on this thread.

It's kind of like the red-necks who no doubt trashed the Stones in 1963, when they were close to his age.

Luckily Mick, and the rest of The Stones have never been close minded like that, ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-07 07:11 by Chacho.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 7, 2014 07:13

<<It's kind of like the red-necks who no doubt trashed the Stones in 1963>>

Except that The Dwiebs is a lightweight ersatz "singer" whose "music" has the half-life of the average mayfly, whereas The Stones were defining the template of the modern rock band whose initial impact would still be remembered and talked about 50 years later.

It's kind of like... not the same thing at all, actually.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 7, 2014 07:19

stonehearted
<<It's kind of like the red-necks who no doubt trashed the Stones in 1963>>

Except that The Dwiebs is a lightweight ersatz "singer" whose "music" has the half-life of the average mayfly, whereas The Stones were defining the template of the modern rock band whose initial impact would still be remembered and talked about 50 years later.

It's kind of like... not the same thing at all, actually.

And strangely all those rednecks now have their own reality TV shows and are all the rage..... peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 7, 2014 09:30

<<And strangely all those rednecks now have their own reality TV shows and are all the rage>>

Sure, but I wasn't particularly addressing the rednecks comment, just the perceived trashing of the "singer" of whose name we do not type.

To address that part of the above post, by "rednecks" presumably you mean those backwoods folk of southern U.S. extraction. Those folks wouldn't have heard of them in 1963 anyway, and it wasn't just the rednecks putting down the Stones, but parents and grandparents in general. It was more of a generational resentment, especially considering the perceived threat they represented in light of ALO's marketing plan. I mean, I would hardly consider Dean Martin a redneck.

Date: October 7, 2014 10:21

Chacho
I'm a little disappointed in the hypocryrtical trashing of The Biebs on this thread.

<snip>

Luckily Mick, and the rest of The Stones have never been close minded like that, ever.

Agreed: basically my point too, in the post a couple above yours in this thread. I think it's great
of Mick to acknowledge and speak to Justin Bieber. Celebrity of the degree they both have is way
up in the rarified air. They may have more in common than you can imagine. And, again, it is good
of Mick to be generous in that way with him. He may also appreciate Bieber's moxie and style.
Who knows? Mick seems always to have been attracted to movers and shakers and people who are
on the entertainment cutting edge. He's not looking at Justin Bieber as a fan or consumer, but
someone who is, like him, an extremely popular performer...and a hot commodity.

- swiss

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 7, 2014 16:17

Some of my best friends and family are rednecks. They are some of the greatest people I have ever met. Feeding the world and doing work that some of you seem to be too good for. Your use of this term makes your posts ignorant and insulting to many people who know far better the truth of the subject than you seem to.

No apologies necessary. Maybe in the future you'll check your ignorance before insulting a group of people you don't know or understand.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 7, 2014 16:21

mr_dja
Some of my best friends and family are rednecks. They are some of the greatest people I have ever met. Feeding the world and doing work that some of you seem to be too good for. Your use of this term makes your posts ignorant and insulting to many people who know far better the truth of the subject than you seem to.

No apologies necessary. Maybe in the future you'll check your ignorance before insulting a group of people you don't know or understand.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 7, 2014 19:57

swiss
Chacho

<snip>

Agreed: basically my point too, in the post a couple above yours in this thread. I think it's great
of Mick to acknowledge and speak to Justin Bieber. Celebrity of the degree they both have is way
up in the rarified air. They may have more in common than you can imagine. And, again, it is good
of Mick to be generous in that way with him. He may also appreciate Bieber's moxie and style.
Who knows? Mick seems always to have been attracted to movers and shakers and people who are
on the entertainment cutting edge. He's not looking at Justin Bieber as a fan or consumer, but

- swiss

In my opinion he was just posing for a photo at a party, and it's as simple as that. And I don't know, but I feel like Justin Bieber's day has passed. Not that he can't sing and dance-he can- but I feel like his public stupidity has negated that. I don't agree with people who call him a female and things like that, because I think that's childish, but I really have seen no evidence up until this point of him being exceptionally bright. Also, unlike the Stones, he is not a great songwriter. As for his "style", I have a feeling Mick is not into drop crotch pants and sleeves full of tacky tattoos, but i suppose i could be wrong.And there is plenty of good music out there right now that I hope will be remembered over him.

Date: October 7, 2014 20:42

alieb
swiss
Chacho

<snip>

- swiss

In my opinion he was just posing for a photo at a party, and it's as simple as that. And I don't know, but I feel like Justin Bieber's day has passed. Not that he can't sing and dance-he can- but I feel like his public stupidity has negated that. I don't agree with people who call him a female and things like that, because I think that's childish, but I really have seen no evidence up until this point of him being exceptionally bright. Also, unlike the Stones, he is not a great songwriter. As for his "style", I have a feeling Mick is not into drop crotch pants and sleeves full of tacky tattoos, but i suppose i could be wrong.And there is plenty of good music out there right now that I hope will be remembered over him.

Maybe so. I can't speak to anything about Justin Bieber. I've never seen or heard him
perform because his music seems to be geared toward pre-teens, and I'm not a kid and
don't have kids, and it's nothing that interests me. His public persona is also not interesting
to me. Nor his "style" or "fashion" sense. And I haven't watched closely enough to have an
opinion whether he is bright or interesting. Just saying, at least at this moment in time,
Mick and Justin Bieber have a lot more in common in terms of the circles they pass through
than most of us would have with Mick Jagger.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 7, 2014 21:33

Another nubile, skeletal model? Who needs 'em?? Not the least bit attractive to me.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 7, 2014 22:39

Looks like our Mick has become a Belieber! Wonder what happened at the after-party!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 7, 2014 23:49

Can't say but Larry Flint bought the pix... smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-07 23:50 by dcba.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 7, 2014 23:58

I've got a jacket like Mick's in my wardrobe.

Date: October 8, 2014 07:01

swiss
alieb
swiss
Chacho

<snip>

- swiss

Maybe so. I can't speak to anything about Justin Bieber. I've never seen or heard him
perform because his music seems to be geared toward pre-teens, and I'm not a kid and
don't have kids, and it's nothing that interests me. His public persona is also not interesting
to me. Nor his "style" or "fashion" sense. And I haven't watched closely enough to have an
opinion whether he is bright or interesting. Just saying, at least at this moment in time,
Mick and Justin Bieber have a lot more in common in terms of the circles they pass through
than most of us would have with Mick Jagger.

this is true

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 8, 2014 08:33

swiss
Chacho

<snip>

- swiss

Yeah,
It's hilarious to see adults so offended who Mick Jagger is hanging out with..it's so... 8th grade.
I've never heard a JB song, but he is a phenomenon, or was a few years ago. He absolutely has more in common with Mick than any of us.
The kid achieved early fame and the road has been rough.. He seems to be learning the hard way how to handle that fame, and backlash..and has made mistakes. (Cos, you know, all of us would surely handle it with so much more grace..)
Maybe Mick recognizes that and feels for him.
Grow up people. You sound like acne-riddled pre-teens sneering at you're older sister's disco records.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-08 08:37 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 8, 2014 10:42

stupidguy2
Yeah,
It's hilarious to see adults so offended who Mick Jagger is hanging out with..it's so... 8th grade.
I've never heard a JB song, but he is a phenomenon, or was a few years ago. He absolutely has more in common with Mick than any of us.
The kid achieved early fame and the road has been rough.. He seems to be learning the hard way how to handle that fame, and backlash..and has made mistakes. (Cos, you know, all of us would surely handle it with so much more grace..)
Grow up people. You sound like acne-riddled pre-teens sneering at you're older sister's disco records.

It's "your". But yeah, I agree. grinning smiley

I don't like Bieber's fashion sense or anything about him really. But complain about his appearance or whatever is indeed exactly what those "rednecks" did in 1963.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2014 10:56

Ronnie's great mates with the One Direction guys ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 9, 2014 05:25

LieB
stupidguy2
Yeah,

It's "your". But yeah, I agree. grinning smiley

I don't like Bieber's fashion sense or anything about him really. But complain about his appearance or whatever is indeed exactly what those "rednecks" did in 1963.
My grandmother must have been a "redneck" then because she was horrified by the Beatles...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 9, 2014 07:46

I stayed with friends once in the south of France when their son was away at a London boarding school. His mother told me, "He was at a party last week where two of the other guests were Mick Jagger and Julian Lennon." I thought, "That brat should've been me!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2014 07:48

So you mean you look a lot like Julian Lennon ????...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 9, 2014 12:26

stupidguy2
[
I've never heard a JB song

Please "JB" is and will always the almighty JAMES BROWN.

Justin Bieber is not JB, he's the 'lil @sshole, the 'lil c@nt, or any other disparaging names...

Date: October 9, 2014 20:54

stupidguy2
You sound like acne-riddled pre-teens sneering at you're older sister's disco records.

grinning smiley this made me howl!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home