Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Myth or truth ? Keith Richards' adress and phone number in the phone book
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 15, 2005 01:14

A very good source told me that you could find Keith Richards' Parisian flat adress and phone number in the phone book some 25 years ago.

The peculiar detail : the entry was not "RICHARDS Keith", but "PALLENBERG Anita". The phone number was not even on the red list.

Re: Myth or truth ? Keith Richards' adress and phone number in the phone book
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 15, 2005 01:16

Isnt it the same pad he still has?
Which he always forgets the address of as soon as he enters a cab...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 15, 2005 01:20

I dont think he has that apartment anymore...

I was in Paris for the last week on holiday and was around there, it was in Fauborg St-Honore, near the Place Vendome.

Date: June 15, 2005 01:28

Gazza

"I dont think he has that apartment anymore...

I was in Paris for the last week on holiday and was around there, it was in Fauborg St-Honore, near the Place Vendome."

So you mean that rude Keith even didn't wave at the window to say hello to you?

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 15, 2005 01:29

Doesn't Keith live in Connecticut now?

Date: June 15, 2005 01:34

I have heard that his flat in Paris was the opposite you can imagine coming from a billionaire rock star: very small, filthy, a room for maid, under the roof.

Date: June 15, 2005 01:44

I heard a fairly recent insider´s bird´s singin´ Keith´s flat
still was there... But that he is rarely or never there.
Remember its Keith "You can have the money, pal!" Richards we speak about.
I think he´s no more economically minded than meself.
Jagger would have gotten rid of such crap at an early stage.
Of cause Gazza could be right, that the pad is (since long) gone.
...Anyway, keeping stuff may also bee affection-value-related:
Wasnt it in Paris while reharsing the 81-82 tour that they discovered that Chawley still has some badges or bumbers
left from Hyde Park July 69 on the bassdrum or slt.?
However, if these boys want they can have a flat in every major city all over the globe, cant they? We aint talkin broke people here, right?
I will feed them with no more than two concerts this tour...
Given I dont win at the pools or so.

Date: June 15, 2005 01:54

Baboon

That quote "You can have the money, pal!"made The Stones weak. I would have been in place of that journalist, I think - really - I would have answer "Done! Accepted! Give me the money!". So what could have answer Mr Prince of Darkness Keith?

Date: June 15, 2005 02:50

Well figured.
But I would prefer Jagger´s money.
They must be twice, trice, ten times as much... ?
...Am I the only person on this board that believe Keith meant every word he said there?
A spoiled sibling-less boy, yes. But he sh*ts on the money;
and I think he would have done it evene if he was a beggar.

But what´s with the Parisian pad?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2005 03:23

Baboon...it ain't the Parisian pad but it's worth a Bo Peep....ROCKIE

[iduneau.club.fr]

Date: June 15, 2005 03:33

And people wonder why they all talk about Exile as their fav´ period...
I could live there for some days...
Btw folks Bill´s then-present wife Astrid brought her school friend Pugh Rogefeldt in 71 or early 72 to their rented mansion...
He, Pugh (lives on Gotland nowadays, livin´ quite peacefully now after a a more than 37 years long rock career - had fame already while at the French Riviera with the Bill-court).
And Bill smoked pot for a year or so...

Anyway I would like t obecpme a refugee if this (the linked) is what you´re coming to...

Anyone how many books there are on the Exile-/Nellcõte-/Stones-issue?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2005 04:01

The main two I have are Exile by Dominique Tarlé and Classic Rock Albums - Exile On Main St by John Perry. There is also a new "33 1/3 series by Bill Janovitz but have not purchased yet.

For some of Tarl'e shots have another Bo Peep

[iduneau.club.fr]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 15, 2005 04:42

Baboone Bro I have seen Keith literally gloating about winning cash in a plaguerism suit. Keith is not the RnR pirate of the 60's and 70's, but a well off older Connecticut gentleman with a family. He spends his off time more in his library at home, voraciously reading, then at the bar. His image he has to protect, but trust me, he is aware of his wealth and how to increase it. He may not be as penny wise as MJ, but Keith's "You keep the money," was a proud attempt at maintaining an image. He has certainly after saying that not made any attempt to refund his 20% of the gate to any of us.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: June 15, 2005 04:52

And why should he.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 15, 2005 06:27

According to Barbara Charone's book (which is out of print, is it not?),
while recording Some Girls, he lived on "Rue de Honore, around the corner from the famous perfume makers."

Date: June 15, 2005 10:36

Rockman I have Janovitz (reviewed it here).
I can give/lend it to you, if you give me my snail mail address.
You can have the book, pal.

Still this day, Richards says he encourages youngsters (like me? smiling smiley ) to download or steal their records. I´m sure he means it. I know he does.
The man I S his myth..

Well, Keith reads books - so he aint no rebel? He read in the 70´s too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-15 13:05 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 15, 2005 10:46

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wasnt it in Paris while reharsing the 81-82 tour

They rehearsed for the 81 tour in North Brookfield, MA.
In 82, London.

Date: June 15, 2005 10:50

What about the recording of Tattoo?
Wasnt that in Paris?
Paris & 1981 is what have stuck,
and I rarely confuse years.

Date: June 15, 2005 10:55

They spent a lot of time recording in Paris in 1977-1980 and 1982, 1983, 1985.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-15 10:57 by erikjjf.

Date: June 15, 2005 11:02

btw erik where in Sweden - cause it is Sweden right? - do you sit/stand/lay down stay down? Roughly or exactly... ½ hour North from Sundsvall for me.
We often have split visions you & I but I respect you very much for
concise & accurate posting. When I grow up I maybe would like to be a NSV-member.

So I guess much of the recording sessions for Tattoo did take place in Paris?
I sure now much of the stuff to that album was fetched from the older goldmines.

Weird so rarely threads some up on session facts; maybe we´re all afraid of showing there´s things we dont know?

Date: June 15, 2005 11:09

I grew up in Uppsala but now live in Södertälje (for those who don't know, that is about 35 km southwest of Stockholm).
Tattoo You is compiled from various sessions in 1972, 1975, 1977-1980. Some work was also done in 1981, but not in Paris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-15 11:11 by erikjjf.

Date: June 15, 2005 11:51

I lived in Uppsala 1991-92 in connection with studies.
Nice town in many ways. But my heart belongs to Medelpad & the Midst of Sweden.
Been in Södertälje not so few times during last years; bro-in-law lives in Mariefred & loads of friends in Stockholm. Our kids like the Tom Tit´s place.
Back in 87 I visited a pub which I believe was called William Shakespeare
for a blues concert with some friends of mine. A wet night, in many senses.

Tattoo: Maybe I made the connection 81-Paris thru the simple fact that Tattoo was released by then; and I may have done a confusion with the tour 81-82, as this minor discussion started with. Anywhere & no matter when the story was actually taking place (given its true), I think its a sweet story, that Chawlie, if so, apparently stuck to his drums 1969-1981. If its juts a rock myth, its still a sweet one.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 15, 2005 12:13

Hey Babbob Bro, I am probably one of those middle class borgeois snobs that you speak of, and trust me, I have been down in the addiction trenches.Screw it if you ever needed a drink it is after your fifth twelve step meeting in a week. Rational Recovery ain't much better.

As Penn and Teller pointed out in a recent episode of Bullshit, your chances of perfect l;ong term recovery with any program and with nothing are about the same, 5%! You just have to want to do it. What puzzles me is why you would imply that having been an addict, a person would not be later impressed with making money and being comfortable / borgeois. Maybe I have misunderstood you. I pulled myself up out of the muck and just did something with my life. Trust me, I will always have something in me tugging me toward a crack pipe,that 10 year romance is hard to forget, but today I just prefer bank accounts, travel agents, and healthy sun rises. Keith saved himself by his own admission to carry on the with the Stones. We know he lives well.I also wonder ( to really stray off topic) why either of US ( you and i) would wear our addictions, active or in remission, like some red badge of courage. You are no more or less Keith's peer because of addiction than any other middle class borgeois snob is because of a degree of financial security. Neither being an addict or a rich man puts us in Keith's mind.

I just think that any us of that believe the swagger of a 62 year old multi-millionaire's bravado merely proves how successful he is at projecting an image. My opinion is shared by others, but it is not the only view I realize.However I give you this quote from another post to consider":

"Given that Depp is reportedly recieving more than $20 million (as well as a chunk of the picture's back end) to reprise his role as Capt. Jack, Keith was supposedly looking for a similiar sized check to play Johnny's pappy."

It would seem for a man that is not interested in money Keith is asking an awful lot for a four day cameo shoot, and this is not the first that this has been reported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-15 12:17 by kahoosier.

Date: June 15, 2005 12:40

There´s always an exception that defies the rule.
I also do well these days. Money aint a bad thing.
But I´m sure as hell that most of the board users here & everywhere
are people that hasnt seen Human suffering even on a postcard.
I can´t blame them for that, if that´s a fact.
But I listen much more to people like yourself, kahoosier !

But you dont have to Worship money, like many of us do in Ol´ Babylon now.

Of course its ridiculous that Keef is demanding that amount for the money. of course there are hundreds or thousands of inconsequences in his actions & thinking. I could write about that for hours & page up & down... But I dont need to: To many pick in ol´ Keef here. Wierd; cause in every poll I see, he is the most popular Stones-member.

There are also inconsequences in my own actions & thinking (who hasnt such dilemmas?)... I go to McD with the kids though I should piss on the place. I buy expensive tickets to make Richards-Jaggers-Watts´ grandkids fat.

I´m less bitter than most users here: and how could I be?? I´m a new fan & I´m enthusiastic - and people keep pickin´& buggin´on me for that. Well, @#$%& them who do so. Let me be like a kid... Maybe some of you are bitter 'cause you payed 1000 & 1000 of dollars on your collections & concerts. Well - that´s your petted capitalism for you.

Keith Richards is burning for his music. In my eyes he hasnt changed a bit since he was a teddy boy. I´d like to picture myself in the same way though I´m a responsible five-kids-father & husband. Work & pay my taxes.
I could also live in a cabin in the woods: but my love to my wife prevents me.

"You can have the money, pal!" - crucify me; but I´m convinced that he meant it.
He doesnt realize he´s insanely rich; or at least he forgets it.
Maybe he still counts his coin while shopping, like me.
Anyway; wifey sure doesnt count... She just arrived with huge bags of expensive stuff. She can have the money, pal... Is it Patti that´s the accountant... ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home