Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If only I would answer my phone...
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 14, 2005 19:16

Here is the problem...I hate answering my phone. People just go on & on...and after work I want some peace & quiet. My g/f just got home after 3 days in Vegas...& I wanted a quiet evening at home. So when my phone rang, I did not pick up, nor check the message.

This morning I checked the message...

"Hey Jesse, It's Mario. Mick & Keith are at (inaudible club name...but I think I know where) in Santa Monica, and are playing tonight...they are sound checking RIGHT NOW (8:30). We are heading up there in a few minutes, let us know if you want to come with. I hope you get this...I know how you are with the Stones."

My buddy's g/f's brother is a partial owner of a club there...forget the name off hand. In any case...can't PROVE this happened last night...but they have no reason to lie & actually see Keith play there somewhat often. In short...what a @#$%& shit morning I'm having.

Re: If only I would answer my phone...
Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: June 14, 2005 19:42

... I think I can hear your phone ringing again! smiling smiley

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 14, 2005 19:45

Hey, weren't you there?....

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 14, 2005 19:51

R U the Jesse that was on the rail, Keith side at the Wiltern and then again at b-stage PacBell #1 in '02?

Date: June 14, 2005 19:57

Actually...Yes, yes I am... Who is my good friend T&A? Were you sitting behind me at the Wiltern in line?

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: June 14, 2005 20:05

The name of that club in Santa Monica is the Joint. There is a regular Monday night show there, involving Waddy Wachtel, Bernard Fowler and other musicians. Keith popped up there around the time of the Willie Nelson & Friends show at the Wiltern, I believe, but that was not the first time that he played at the Joint.

I understand that Neil Young showed up to perform there in mid-May.

Date: June 14, 2005 20:07

Yeah, it could be...but I was thinking it wasn't. I know Waddy plays there...but not sure that is where they played...I'll find out for sure.

Date: June 14, 2005 20:09

Just rechecked my message...couldn't make it out at first...but it was the Joint.

Posted by: Stranger ()
Date: June 16, 2005 05:20

Ah, the Joint. One of Freddie Sessler's sons runs that. Maybe that explains the link with former Stones...?
Keith has appeared there several times to play with Waddy Wachtel and Bernard Fowler.
Also, Mick Taylor dropped in in Sept '02 when he was in town in connection with a Jimi Hendrix Tribute show that was taking place at the Street Scene in San Diego (in which Slash also took part).
I think for Mick T the main reason was to meet up with his old friend Terry Reid there. Terry Reid and Mick T did a couple of tours together in the past. But of course Mick T ended up playing with the band as well, incl a rendition of Honky Tonk Women. The place went mad. I wonder if The Joint have fire regulations at all, it gets so packed when someone special shows up, it would be very hard to get out of there if something untoward happens.

Date: June 16, 2005 23:16

sdstonesguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the problem...I hate answering my phone.
> People just go on & on...and after work I want
> some peace & quiet. My g/f just got home
> after 3 days in Vegas...& I wanted a quiet
> evening at home. So when my phone rang, I did not
> pick up, nor check the message.
>
> This morning I checked the message...
>
> "Hey Jesse, It's Mario. Mick & Keith are at
> (inaudible club name...but I think I know where)
> in Santa Monica, and are playing tonight...they
> are sound checking RIGHT NOW (8:30). We are
> heading up there in a few minutes, let us know if
> you want to come with. I hope you get this...I
> know how you are with the Stones."
>
> My buddy's g/f's brother is a partial owner of a
> club there...forget the name off hand. In any
> case...can't PROVE this happened last night...but
> they have no reason to lie & actually see
> Keith play there somewhat often. In short...what
> a @#$%& shit morning I'm having.

OH, SH8T!!! MAN, I FEEL REALLY HORRIBLE FOR YOU! THIS IS ONE OF THE SADDEST AND IRONIC STORIES I'VE EVER HEARD! OOH, JUST THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME WANT TO CONTACT MY DOC AND UP MY DOSE OF PROZAC!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home