Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hyde Park 1969
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: June 16, 2005 17:53

bruno Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ablett Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was always baffled why no-one noticed how
> out of
> > tune it was? I'm no guitarist and I can
> tell.....

Taylor said they tuned up in a trailer (probably air conditioned), but the hot and muggy weather outside affected the guitars. I don't know whether guitarists in those days spent precious stage time correcting the tuning, but, even if guitarists generally did, I suspect the Stones wanted to "get through" the concert for a variety of reasons.

Re: Hyde Park 1969
Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: June 17, 2005 07:39

I agree with you Cafaro.

This show is criticised for being sloppy & under rehearsed. But this performance from Hyde Park leaves their current live playing over the last 25 years in the dust IMO.

Why, because despite the guitars being out of tune they drive the show. The Stones present day live guitar sound & arrangements are staid & pedestrian. Keith may be out of it & out of tune in Hyde Park but his playing still has that magical feel to it, and he is ably supported by the wonderful Taylor.

The guitars on MR, JJF, Satifaction, I'm Free & I'm yours she's mine all have that Stones magic about them. If only Keith (don't get me wrong I still love the guy) could still do that today, I would be a very happy man.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home