Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Do you own the "EXILE" book by Tarlé?
Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: August 15, 2014 14:33

The EXILE book by Dominique Tarle is my holy grail.
Mostly because its like than evasive girl that I never got. I never got that book. Stupid me. So I´m hung up on it.

I´d love to hear who has the book, because I´d love to have some images of it.
I have seen many of the shots and scans of the images of course, but never of the layout itself ( the different pages and how its made).

If you got it - please mail me smiling smiley
Open 24/7.

Re: Do you own the "EXILE" book by Tarlé?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 15, 2014 15:47

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2014 17:38

I frequently consider selling my flat, buying Exile on ebay and living in the book.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 15, 2014 19:30

I wanted it too, but just couldn't justify the expense. I'd consider it now if it was accessible.

Date: August 15, 2014 20:05

latebloomer
[www.iorr.org]

Thank you Latebloomer. Yes, that notorious thread is one of those great ones. But still in search of how the layout is smiling smiley

with sssoul
I frequently consider selling my flat, buying Exile on ebay and living in the book.

Guess what withsssoul, I´ve got a fever! And the only remedy moving in with you in that book!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 15, 2014 20:53

You might consider Ethan Russell's big hard cover Let It Bleed.
Fabulous photos and you could check out ABEBOOKS.COM for good prices.
A NEW copy is $25...a fabulous deal.

Then you would have money left to live on!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 20:56 by stonesrule.

Date: August 15, 2014 22:34

Did not find Let it Bleed there, Stonesrule, but found "Dear Mr Fantasy", that I bought smiling smiley Didn´t have that one.
But I guess it was not the limited edition "Let it bleed" book you meant? "Just" the regular? If it was the limited it would have been INSANE!

PS! Drop me a line on email Stonesrule, Ive got something to show you smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2014 22:45

stonesrule

A book about the '69 tour that puts a photo from '72 on the cover isn't for me.
Russell's obviously a brilliant photographer but the way some of the shots are reversed in that book,
plus some really unfortunate decisions about where to split 2-page spreads, hurt me too much.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: August 16, 2014 01:34

with sssoul
stonesrule

A book about the '69 tour that puts a photo from '72 on the cover isn't for me.
Russell's obviously a brilliant photographer but the way some of the shots are reversed in that book,
plus some really unfortunate decisions about where to split 2-page spreads, hurt me too much.

I could not agree more. A massive oversight on the part of those who edited/published the book. Even teh expensive Let if Bleed book has issues. It is a book about the 69 tour but there is considerable material in there about the R and R Circus making me think that ER just wanted to include that material to make a bigger book, relevant or not.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 16, 2014 02:31

with sssoul and torn and frayed make good points.

My point is the cost of Tarle's book, if you can find a copy, is now valued at 1500 pounds.

The "Let It Bleed," of course does not deal with Nellcote or "Exile".
It is three pounds in weight with numerous fabulous photos and it may not have the layout perfection of the Tarle book but it is well worth $25 to say the least. Ethan captured some great inside moments of the Stones.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 16, 2014 06:24

Both books are brilliant and along with TOTA make the unholy trinity, all expensive and all worth the money.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: August 16, 2014 06:56

I have Exile, TOTA, Pleased to Meet You, Crossfire Hurricane, and Mason's Yard to Primrose Hill. I have a couple of the non-Stones Genesis titles as well. I bought them all upon release and I love 'em all.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 16, 2014 09:26

Then we're all moving in with YOU!

Date: August 16, 2014 12:57

Roscoe, please do contact me! smiling smiley

Date: August 16, 2014 21:40

Aquamarine
Then we're all moving in with YOU!

grinning smiley

Date: August 16, 2014 21:41

RobberBride
Roscoe, please do contact me! smiling smiley

Message sent. smiling smiley

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: August 17, 2014 00:12

The minute I heard about 'Exile' I bought a copy - I got completely taken in with the Hype. I think I had copy #223. As it's a Genesis publication, so it is a very well-crafted book; great packaging, binding, and quality of paper (for those into books).

It's such a trip to see all those photos from VilleFranche - especially the earlier ones when just Keith, Anita, and Marlon were there (March or April 1971?).

That said, I honestly do not think the quality of the photographs is that good. You are basically paying $2K+ for someone's family 'snapshots' - it just turns out the 'Family' is the Stones!! And you are there!

So, it's a mixed bag. If you are obsessed with Exile (like I still am), then it's a must. But if you going to spend big bucks for an expensive collection of quality photographs of the Stones, then you are better off with Ethan Russell's 'Let it Bleed', or Annie Leibovitz's 'Tour of the America's'.

On a personal note: I had Annie Leibovitz sign a copy of this photo. She looked at me and said, "WHY do you want me to sign a copy of this photo?"
I said, "Because you were there!"

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 17, 2014 15:41

Yes. Deluxe edition with the extra print of Keith and the Mick Taylor autograph. Only other Stones-related title is Blinds & Shutters, my copy signed by Keith, Bill and Eric Clapton.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: August 19, 2014 06:49

REALLY cool!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 19, 2014 06:54

I agree with mccparty
I have all the Genesis stones books and I think Ethan's Let It Bleed is the best of All

Date: August 19, 2014 09:44

Stonesstein, are you Norwegian ?
Why dont you drop me a line? smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2259
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home