Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Four Flicks Documentary revisited.
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 11, 2014 09:39

EasterMan
Actually the Helsinki 2007 bootleg is really good, Not a bad performance at all, There is a great MD recording circulating of this show and I love it! Much more enjoyable than anything on TBB.

I haven't heard the Helsinki bootleg, but I have the Brno 2007 bootleg and it is also excellent. It was one of the better nights for Keith, but since the whole 2007 leg of the tour has a not-so-good status, one almost forgets that they didn't play bad at all. The Brno bootleg is very enjoyable.

On the other hand I was looking forward to the bootlegs of the 2014 shows I have attended (Berlin and Vienna), since the band played really well, but those bootlegs that circulate are absolutely horrible. And it is down to the technical quallity of the recordings. If I was not there, I would think what a joke the band was. I don't understand that with all the quallity equipment that we have today there are no good bootlegs. The sound of the snippets I took with my camera are waaay better than the circulating "recordings" of those shows.

Just today I donloaded a bootleg of the Dylan concert from Prague this year and it is absolutely excellent, almost as a professional recording. One can close his eyes and can really feel the atmosphere of the gig. Those two Rolling Stones boots from this year sound absolutely flat have no energy at all. It is hard to connect them with the actual memories I have from the gigs.

Sorry I got off topic :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-11 16:28 by Happy24.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2014 18:21

JumpingKentFlash
GasLightStreet
It's too bad that they did such a pathetic imitation for THE BIGGEST BANG. What a waste of time.

Now now. TBB has some great spots in it too. FF is better yes, but TBB has it's merit too. It should have been cut down to 3 discs though.

Well, specifically the 'around the world' disc or whatever it's called. LOOK AT ALL THE TRUCKS and all that about the production. They did that already for FF. For TBB it was just tired. In fact, it seems flat. By the numbers extra material for the box set.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2014 18:35

TheBlockbuster
The Biggest Bang could have been so much better! The concerts they included was at best decent. BUT there was some good concerts they should have included instead, like Columbus 2005 maybe mixed with some other 2005 concerts? And the second disc could have been a mashup of the best things from the European 2007 tour, even though that tour was inconsistent the 2007 highlights were far better than the 2006 highlights.

For example this video is so much better than the artificial '06 Austin concert!

The Start Me Up is pretty damn good. I'll Go Crazy - is that the first time since 1970 something that Charlie played the hi-hat without the pause!???

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 12, 2014 00:25

TeddyB1018
Funny, I was at those gigs too. I thought the Staples show was very blah, but was encouraged by the Wiltern (of course the theatre shows are almost always good) On the other hand, I thought Hollywood Bowl was pretty great. It was two nights there, wasn't it? Maybe I was at the other one from you.

The Staples show, the Halloween show, had a great setlist, but not great execution. It was lifeless. Hollywood Bowl was indeed two nights. The Bowl show had some highlights, like Back of My Hand, and was better than the 2002 Staples Show.

Date: August 12, 2014 00:29

GasLightStreet
TheBlockbuster
The Biggest Bang could have been so much better! The concerts they included was at best decent. BUT there was some good concerts they should have included instead, like Columbus 2005 maybe mixed with some other 2005 concerts? And the second disc could have been a mashup of the best things from the European 2007 tour, even though that tour was inconsistent the 2007 highlights were far better than the 2006 highlights.

For example this video is so much better than the artificial '06 Austin concert!

The Start Me Up is pretty damn good. I'll Go Crazy - is that the first time since 1970 something that Charlie played the hi-hat without the pause!???

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 12, 2014 01:02

The four Flicks dvd box is an absolute killer box. All three shows are exellent en great to watch over and over again.

The Biggest Bang dvd box is some how less than its predecessor, but... I like the Austin show a lot, It's a gig I didn't have and the setlist is a great one:
sway, Streets of love and Learning the game are live awesome. Rio is also a great concert to have officialy, the sound was way better than the dvd boots I already had. Only the "all over the world" disc is a dissapointment. A better choice would have been to have instead another "complete" (well, almost complete that is) concert on it: the Argentina concert for example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-12 01:03 by GJV.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home