Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Timeless Europe 73
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 12, 2005 21:35

I stumbled upon this album wrap on WinMX. I think it's another name for "The Definitive Brussels", as it has the Brussels & Wembley shows. It starts with the 1987 Brown Sugar remix, with the sax solo mixed higher and the opening Charlie drum roll that bounces between left & right. It's a little over 2 hours in length, and is probably the best version I've heard of these legendary shows (much better than "Brussels Affair"). I've been looking for this one for quite a while--what luck!

Anyone familiar with this title?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-12 21:36 by bassplayer617.

Re: Timeless Europe 73
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: June 12, 2005 22:42

The one I have says it is the first show of September 8th at Wembley Empire Pool (now called the Arena), 1973.

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: June 12, 2005 23:13

I think it is Sister Morphine's "Timeless Europe 73". It has tracks from Brussels, London, Newcastle and Rotterdam.

Date: June 12, 2005 23:24

Thanks for your info, friends. Yeah, the second half of the collection has a mix from different shows, including the horrible train wreck at the end of the Brussels "Street Fighting Man" LOL. Open G would choke on his vibrato to hear how Taylor botched up the solo. Strangely, the boot ends with a studio outtake of 100 Years Ago.

It's too bad I can't separate the tracks, because the album wrap extractor didn't recognize this as a valid ALBW archive.

In any case, I give my thanks to the anonymous donor who allowed me the chance to get this "must-have" boot in its entirety.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-12 23:29 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 12, 2005 23:42

Try ALBA Extractor (instead of the ALBW Exctractor). It works much better and can extract archives where ALBW doesn't work.
[sourceforge.net]

Date: June 13, 2005 00:32

midnrambler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try ALBA Extractor (instead of the ALBW
> Exctractor). It works much better and can extract
> archives where ALBW doesn't work.
>

Thank you! It worked.

Date: June 13, 2005 00:49

Fantastic! Take the best of the Wembley stuff (Gimme Shelter, Happy & Street Fighting Man), mix them with the best of the other songs, and you got one of the greatest live albums ever. (I left out Star Star because the sound quality isn't up to par with the rest of the list).

1. Brown Sugar
2. Gimme Shelter
3. Happy
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Dancing With Mr. D
6. Heartbreaker
7. Angie
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Honky Tonk Women
11. All Down The Line
12. Rip This Joint
13. Jumping Jack Flash
14. Street Fighting Man

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-13 00:57 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 13, 2005 09:56

As with all Sister Morphine's: horrible sound. But this time around, that actually is a pity as SM managed to release the most clear version with the best seperation between the instruments and the best drum mix. But, they blow it by pushing the bass and mid values way past the limiters peak. Now it sounds bombastic and not pleasent to the ears.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home