Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seattle no tickets available
Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: June 11, 2005 21:24

Within 45 min of tickmaster opening today, nothing was available, even single ones at any price, from 60-350$. Is it possible tickemaster still has some left, or is Ebay now the option (other than day of event sale outside)?

Re: Seattle no tickets available
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 11, 2005 22:46

I would hope that in a city of well over 2 million people, the Stones could sell out the Key Arena. Depending on stage configuration, you're probably looking at around 15000 tickets. Wonder how many people in Vancouver tried to get tickets for the Seattle show?

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: June 11, 2005 22:58

They are not sold out, the promotors withhold tickets and will release them later on, it's a publicity ploy.

The tickets will be trickled out every so often, that means, you will have to watch daily and if you still don't catch the "new tic releases for a particular show," then get them the day of the show, when some more will be released on the internet/phone sales and at the venues.

I don't even sweat it anymore, since I know I can get tickets along the way, up to show time.

Even the other (other than Ticketmaster) ticket places, scalpers or whatever don't want to be saddled with a bunch of tickets come show day, and will let their leftovers go at face value then. I always get a few this way too.

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Date: June 12, 2005 09:23

DGA35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would hope that in a city of well over 2 million
> people, the Stones could sell out the Key Arena.
> Depending on stage configuration, you're probably
> looking at around 15000 tickets. Wonder how many
> people in Vancouver tried to get tickets for the
> Seattle show?

More like half a million. Virgin Atlantic only serves cities larger than a million.

Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: June 12, 2005 19:12

Just pulled up singles:

$350- section 127 row 18
$160- section 228 row 16
$95 - section 202 row 9

This will go on for a while. Tickets will pop
up every now and then. Keep on trying :-)))

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 12, 2005 21:25

That was with every concet I tried to get tickets after a while
You only get single seats or you have to go via other sources than ticketmaster which I do not know who can afford it.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 12, 2005 22:01

I would not go to unknown ticket agencies - there was a big story this week about U2 fans spending 1000$-plus, & getting counterfeit tickets from bogus online agencies. Enterprising scum print up a batch of authentic looking tix, then break peoples' hearts & banks when (in this case) they get to the show & are turned away. My experience so far w/ Fenway was: 2 shows sold out instantly (from my computer & phone, anyway), a week later RS.com offered a batch of tickets for 'new platinum level' members ($100), so I snapped up 4 at the second highest price (another $163 per, after the $400 tix, supposedly just 10% of the venue), yet didnt dare reject what were offered (as the clock was ticking: "You have 3 minutes left to complete your transaction, or you will lose your place..." fumbling for my credit card number etc) & ended up w/ what look like reeeely crappy seats miles away from the action. So where are the $60 & $100 seats located, at the local sports bar w/ a big tv screen? I still hold out hopes for a Fleet ctr show (rumored for January), as it looks like getting to msg isnt going to be as easy as 2003.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 12, 2005 22:52

Hi Menace of Mayfair. The population of metro Seattle is well over 2 million and that probably doesn't even include Tacoma, just south of Seattle. It's larger than Vancouver and I know that metro Vancouver is around 2 million, although the actual city of Vancouver is around 600,000. Portland, down the coast, is around the same size as metro Vancouver.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2124
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home