Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Toronto
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: June 8, 2005 22:02

I find it hard to believe that the Stones would only play one gig in their favorite city. (not counting the mandatory surprise gig) Is there any rumours out there as to an arena(s) date in January/February? Why can't they play a theatre gig here (Massey Hall)? I know the Stadium show has not sold out but you gotta think there's going to be more. I'm hanging on to that passcode (and by the way, this has to be the most confusing, @#$%& up way to sell tickets) hoping to be able to use it.

Re: Toronto
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 8, 2005 22:32

their favorite city? their favorite Canadian city, perhaps....a place where they can work/rehearse without affecting their work visas in the US. But, hardly their favorite city overalll....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 8, 2005 23:31

Agree with T&A. As a Canadian, I don't think Toronto is their favorite city. It's largely due to Michael Cohl living there which is why they rehearse in Toronto as well as the US VISA situation.
As far as another show, I think most fans have had their Stones fix. They've played Toronto alot since 1989 and the huge SARS show wasn't even 2 years ago.

Date: June 9, 2005 14:28

If you have seen the Promo for the Sars concert Mick made it very clear this was their favorite city and has repeated that several times. I agree they have played here a lot but I'm still hoping for an arena show in the winter.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 9, 2005 21:01

I have seen the SARS promo. Obviously, he's trying to promote and hype the show so he's going to say it's their favorite city. Remember, before Michael Cohl took over promoting the tours in 89, they never did any rehearsing in TO.

How many concerts have people seen where the singer will say "You guys are the best crowd we've played to yet!" I'm sure that whatever city any band is in would be their "favorite" city at the moment.

I'm still hoping for a Vancouver show announcement.

Date: June 9, 2005 21:13

Jackass - it's like what DGA35 says. if it was really their favorite city - Ronnie would move from Dublin, Keith from Connecticut, etc., etc.

Date: June 9, 2005 21:24

Ahh, it's their favorite city away from one of their homes. Seriously, I think that yes, it was a matter of convenience at the beginning but I really think they have come to love it here. Keith even considers his drug bust here back in the seventies a blessing and fondly remembers the concert for his little blind angel in Oshawa. And let's not forget the gig at the Elma Combo in 77 forever remenbered because of Maggie Trudeau and Love You Live. There are plenty of other places to rehearse but everything they need is here and the people treat them great. Charlie loves the shops, Ronnie the night life etc. So IMO I think they consider Toronto somewhat special.

Date: June 9, 2005 21:57

no argument there, Jackass (boy it sure seems like I'm being rude when I use your handle/name in responses!). I believe they honestly do love your wonderful city.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2331
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home