Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: It was sixty years ago today.
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 6, 2014 00:15

The flip side was recorded two days later...

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 12:09 by Deltics.

Re: OT: It was sixty years ago today.
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 01:25

smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 6, 2014 02:00

Time flies .......

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2014 04:11

GREAT call Deltics .... but don't forget that Happiness demo from the year before ....
Still stunning even taday with the vocal style already nailed inta place and waiting to take on the world...Classic Stuff

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2014 04:16

still a fantastic recording.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: July 6, 2014 06:55

Listening to Elvis At Sun right now.

Man, that kid was weird.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 6, 2014 09:22

JuanTCB
Listening to Elvis At Sun right now.

Man, that kid was weird.

Hey, he was a polite young man and loved his mama.

Posted by: Athena ()
Date: July 12, 2014 09:04

Great stuff. Another anniversary (37th, I believe) of Elvis' passing coming up next month. Remember where I was & what I was doing! eye rolling smiley

Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Skill...& War

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 12, 2014 09:26

Me too. I also remember that, as it was unexpected and the UK TV people had to rush in Elvis experts at very short notice, the best they could come up with were Tommy Steele and Marty Wilde. (Two of a number of British singers who had vied at one time for the title of the British Elvis.) It was bad enough him dying, I felt he was getting totally short-changed by the news coverage. Strange how we react to these things! (They did better the next day, of course.)

Posted by: Athena ()
Date: July 12, 2014 09:40

Aquamarine
Me too. I also remember that, as it was unexpected and the UK TV people had to rush in Elvis experts at very short notice, the best they could come up with were Tommy Steele and Marty Wilde. (Two of a number of British singers who had vied at one time for the title of the British Elvis.) It was bad enough him dying, I felt he was getting totally short-changed by the news coverage. Strange how we react to these things! (They did better the next day, of course.)

I was in the New York metro area & of course the media had their fingers in every pie! eye popping smiley

Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Skill...& War

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 12, 2014 12:32

I remember it vividly watching BBC and newsflash to say Elvis had been found dead.
Couldn't believe it,as it all unfurled with the footage from the states. sad smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 12, 2014 14:11

Me was 2 months of age ...a great start to start your live...........

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 13, 2014 02:34

...Sgt pepper told the band to play?

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 06:51

On the Blue Moon of clip it shows Elvis with the names of two of his original band members Scotty Moore and Bill Black. Along with drummer DJ Fontana these guys made Elvis and it still pisses me off how he ditched them the minute he'd made it big. Typical success/betrayal story.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 13, 2014 09:34

rob51
On the Blue Moon of clip it shows Elvis with the names of two of his original band members Scotty Moore and Bill Black. Along with drummer DJ Fontana these guys made Elvis and it still pisses me off how he ditched them the minute he'd made it big. Typical success/betrayal story.

Scotty and DJ both played with Elvis on the Comeback Special in '68 (Bill died I believe a couple of years before that). Don't think Elvis ever "ditched" them ...they left on their own before Elvis stopped touring in '58, which was when he went into the army. Elvis didn't perform for years after that, but I'm pretty sure Scotty was with him when he returned to the studio in 1960 after his army stint.

Edit: Just looked it up...both Scotty AND DJ played on all six of Elvis' albums released between 1960 and 1964.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-13 09:42 by Jah Paul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home