Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Party before and after MSG, NY
Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 8, 2005 20:51

Let's meet before and or after the show at MSG on Sept 13th! Mustang Harry and Mustang Sally just half a block south of the MSG were populare hang-outs back in 2003. We got terribly drunk after the show, made friends and enemies, made out, and discussed the set list. Food's ok, drinks not too expencive.Great fun! Wanna do it again, anyone? Kjetil, Siw

Re: Party before and after MSG, NY
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2005 00:46

Mustang Harry is the perfect place. Great food. Large restaurant. Lots of space for fans. Great Stones music on show day. Clean air and and an XXXL bar to hang out on. Sure I will be there!

Mustang Harry's is located at 352 Seventh Avenue (between 29th and 30th Streets) in Manhattan; the telephone number is 212-268-8930.

From a guide book:
I lived in the fur district in Manhattan, a few blocks south of Penn Station and Madison Square Garden for almost two decades without a decent restaurant, other than Mullen's, a slap-up Irish neighborhood pub on Seventh Avenue between 23rd and 24th Streets. It is only within the past few years that any decent restaurants have opened in the northern half of my neighborhood. And Mustang Harry's is much more than just decent. It has a superb simple cuisine, and the pub atmosphere is both elegant and casual. Owned and managed by two top-drawer guys from the Emerald Isle, Niall and his brother Ian, Mustang Harry's is well worth a visit, particularly for those on their way to or from an event at Madison Square Garden, a shopping spree at Macy's, or gallery roaming in cutting-edge "pseudo-Chelsea". The bartenders are each and every one of them all time great guys - George, Patsy, Hubert, Joe, Jimmy, all of them. And there are plenty of goggle boxes for those who want to take in a sporting event or keep up with the stock market.

Bjornulf

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 9, 2005 01:24

I'll be there, together with a friend.
I'm from Munich, and I really look forward to this great event. Saw the guys first at 1982's Munich first show, and since then I got thrilled. Was at NY MSG Jan 1998 two times, Munich every time since 1982, even Krone, Berlin Waldbuehne, Bremen 98, Cologne 99, Memphis No Security, Stockholm Circus and Globen, aso.

Since I am for a long time here on this great Fansite of yours, Bjornulf, I am looking forward to see you there.

The Stones and their music, especially my hero Keef, will stay forever!!!

My life for sure would not be the same without them, no matter if Keef now has a belly or Ronnie is not the same as thirty years ago, or Mick's voice is not growling like in the early 70ies, or Charlie has gray hair or the new song is whatever, f*** ya!

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 9, 2005 12:56

So, we'll see you all there!
Kjetil & Siw/shidoobee

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 9, 2005 13:46

I do like Mustang Harry but every time I go there it is packed with Stones fans :-)

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 9, 2005 16:50

I'll see you guys there, have not gotten my tickets yet for MSG but I will one way or another. There is also a great place directly across the street from MSG that I went to during the Licks tour. They had the disc changer full of early Stones cds 63-65 the whole night before the show.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 9, 2005 17:49

I will be there. Normally the preshow was at Walter's. Does it still exist after Walter died?

Posted by: Fingerprint_File ()
Date: June 10, 2005 04:35

Hey PAL, thats why they call it a world tour, you guys in england get twice as many shows as we do in new york..just remember that

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 10, 2005 05:11

Mustang Harry, Mustang Sally, Mustang Ranch, any pattern here?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home