Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Hellacopters - Rock n'Roll Is Dead
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 8, 2005 19:40

Well, I wanted to share my opinion about this album because I think a lot of you would really like it! I bought it today and just finished listening to it - it's a really good Rock n'Roll album with Chuck Berry licks, loud and raw guitars, cool riffs and it sure remain in my cd player for a while now!

Btw - if you want to give the album a listen before you go out to buy it, check [thepiratebay.org] and search for "Hellacopters"...

Re: OT: Hellacopters - Rock n'Roll Is Dead
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 8, 2005 19:43

Saw them open for the Stones in Helsinki and Stockholm 2003.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2005 20:20

Saw them open for the Stones in Stockholm 2003...wasn't very impressed.
Thats the last I ever heard or saw of them.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 9, 2005 00:46

Like Hairball I havent got in flames yet over the Choppers either.
Maybe its because we´re old geezers (or 'half-old'). The people I know that are most into H-copters are mostly some 7-10 years younger than me. The retro thing is tuff sh*t for young dudes; the only ones I can mention that get away with is & also put some freshness on it is tSOOL; which most of the boardwalkers here that know me the slightest already know.
There is a Swedish group Torsson that are into early Stonesy beat: but their image is too Swedish (in fact more Swedish than meatballs & falu sausage) to make themselves interesting outside the borders... Like Copters on 16 laps/min.
.......Still; if someone would care to post some starters for the Hellacopters, I would appreciate it, because I couldnt declare I´ve heard too much of them.

...Hairball; were you actually in Stockholm in 2003 (I wasnt, livin some 400 km from the sh*t; can you believe that...? And now all my friends are goin over to the US in August & Sep... Tough times...)?

Date: June 9, 2005 01:20

I didn't know anything of them before I bought the CD - and the CD really rocks!
I'm sure that a lot of poeple here will like it.
They sound very much like The Who sometimes, also like AC/DC and the Stones or Aerosmith. Their new album is said to be more roots Rock n'Roll than their albums before - I can't tell, I don't know the other albums.

Here's one of their songs from the new album, "No Angel To Lay Me Away"
[s21.yousendit.com]

Date: June 9, 2005 01:28

'nother one:
[s8.yousendit.com]

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 9, 2005 01:36

The played with The Dragons...who I keep telling people about.

Anyone here in San Diego? Go to M-Theory at 3004 Juniper tonight...great gig.

www.thedragons.com

Date: June 9, 2005 01:40

Thanks a lot Lorenz. My Stones-pal Magnus (on his way to a bikers meeting in Småland - High Chaparall) loves the Copters:
I agree with you that they could be liked by the Stones fans - could be a Number 2-band for many even.

On my own list the Copters would land way above the Hives (whose videomaker the same Magnus knows fairly well) or the Strokes.

The domestic media may have made a Bigtime thing of the Copter´s rock'n'roll mythical habits like drinkin from Jack Daniels bottles etc.

Otherwise my tiny Copters-problems can maybe be related to such details as Nicke´s new hat... Hate hats on rock bands heads! ...Ok, Keith´s got one now, but that´s too close to the boundary... And the man is 61... Nicke is 32. Weird that the bassist has exactly the same name as my favourite guitarist : Kenny Håkansson; "K.H. the Older" was born in 1945, and "K.H the younger" in 1972... I 'guess' - even if he h a s opened for the Stones - the younger fellow hasnt been doing long jam sessions for open record with Jimi Hendrix though...

[www.hellacopters.com] ...Listenin to "No Angel To Lay Me Away" while writin´ & what comes into mind is Blue Öyster Cult ( a lot), Free (less) and not so little Lynyrd Skynyrd... Didnt know they´ve got so heavy. Growin´old these blokes. Too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 9, 2005 02:12

Good band. Opened for the Stones in Sweden, as Erik said before! But Helsinki? I definitely remember ZZ Top, but did the Hellacopters play before ZZ Top??? Anyway, liked them a lot more than these ridiculous Hives people.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 9, 2005 07:15

Yes, in Helsinki they opened before ZZ Top.

Date: June 10, 2005 16:42

Easy seduced, this ol´ Baboon.
Hellacopter´s new album seems to be good:
"No Angel To Lay Me Away"
... Much more mature, melodic, heavy & cool than before.
I love this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home