Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Two Chicago shows?
Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: June 8, 2005 18:48

Do you think they will do another show in Chicago on the 11. september?
DidnĀ“t they sell out two shows at Soldiers Field + a club show on the Licks tour?

It seems that the show on 10. september is sold out - does anybody know for sure?

------------------------------
[rockandrollcentral.net]
------------------------------

Re: Two Chicago shows?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 8, 2005 19:32

In 2002 they did one show at United Center, one at Comiskey Park and one at the Aragon Ballroom.
There will not be a second show at Soldier Field.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 8, 2005 19:45

I don't believe the hype that these big outdoor shows are selling out. I think many tickets have been held back to make it appear that there none left. I know lots of Stones fans and almost no one has bought tickets yet. Many refuse to pay these high prices.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: June 8, 2005 21:19

Most fans havent bought tickets yet? Whahaha!! Well I've already bought my tickets and could care less about whether people wanna holdout for the tickets to NEVER DROP IN PRICE. Too expensive? Try ebay, see what you can find for face value. Scalpers may get burned hardcore this time, but any "fan" who holds out on buying tickets due to prices is just gonna get screwed in the end.

Me, I'm happy to have already bought 4 tickets to Soldier Field, all at $100 a piece, and I'm dragging 3 friends to it who have NEVER seen the Stones.

I expect to have my face rocked off.

Drake

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 8, 2005 22:37

think you're dead wrong, filstan. tickets may in fact get held back - that's customary practice - but fans are definitely eating these shows up. all the stones fans i know have tix in hand for at least one show - i'm down on the floor for 3 so far...and counting....

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: June 8, 2005 23:21

Tickets that are left are the 400$ ones / and the side ones where you barely see the stage.... - else most of them are sold out...... The 400$ ones will later on drop in price.... because it is way to expensive - doesn't make sense the price.....

Date: June 9, 2005 00:18

People who worked BOTH presales were not given access to tickets all over the various venues. So who bought the tickets and when? My contention is that tickets have been held off the mkt or were stolen by the scalpers. I think fans want to go see the Stones, but the ticket access has been unusual this time around. How could anyone say otherwise? I think many tickets will end up given being given away as comps to the radio stations. If the shows sell out that's great, but we aren't seeing seats come up that normally do on these sales.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 9, 2005 03:58

I don't think they'll drop the price- at the Pond in Anaheim in '99, they had $350 seats at the box office right up to show time

Date: June 9, 2005 05:35

I never said they would drop prices, but tickets that don't sell will find their way into peoples hands through giveaways as promotions. Wait and see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home