Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketmaster, how does ik work
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 8, 2005 15:23

I'm trying to buy some tickets for the MSG show.
It's the first time that i'm going to buy tickets through ticketmaster USA. Do you have any tips? I'm from Holland but that doesn't matter right?

Thanks

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-08 15:55 by Wuudy.

Re: Ticketmaster, how does ik work
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 8, 2005 16:19

1. BEFORE you try to buy tix, start your own T'Master account which will store all your address and credit card info (safely) so you don't have to put it all in after you pull your tickets. You'll be in their system and will be able to access your account via your e-mail and a password of your choosing. You will likely be given NO MORE THAN two minutes to confirm your tickets (likely one minute) and you could lose them if you have to type in all your personal info after the fact.

DO IT NOW as it's 9:14am EDT in NYC and I assume the on-sale starts @ 10am

2. Manuever to the T'Master page for your show about ten minutes before your on-sale time (likely 10amEDT though I'm not sure). Familiarize yourself with the page, especially the biege colored box that will say "Tickets not available at this time" or words to that effect. In that box is where your choices will appear at the time the on-sale begins. You MIGHT have to refresh your page a time or two at the minute of the on-sale.

Open the seating chart which you will see in the upper right part of the page under 'event details.' Print it if you can and put it in front of you for quick persusal.

If you have a fan-club number or have some other presale password, COPY IT so you can PASTE IT into the appropriate box if called for. This saves valuable time.

3. In the beige box I referred to in #2 will appear several choices which you must make to buy tix.
A. Quantity - choose how many.
B. Price - will run the gamut from (likely) $450US, $160US, $100US and
$60US. If money is no object leave it at "any price" and you'll get $450.
C. Go under section and you will likely be given the choice of floor, lower
and upper tier seating or words to that effect.
NOTE: $450 & $160 are on the floor and lower tier only. In most arenas the
$160 seats have been starting at least halfway back. $160 seats continue
in the lower part of the upper tier and are followed by the $100s near the
top. A very few $60 tix will likely be available ONLY in the back of the
upper tier. This is so they can say they had some.
D. How you want your tix delivered. Your choices will likely include standard
mail, FedX, will call at MSG and so on.

4. After you've entered the info in #3 press 'continue.' You will be taken to a page where you will have to type in a strange word which will be shown to you in a box. This is to keep people with "automated programs" from accessing supposedly. NOTE: the word may appear distorted and twisted. Copy it carefully using case sensitivity and then press "continue." A transitional page will then appear saying "this will take a minute." DON'T HIT REFRESH or go back as you will lose your place in line.

5. Finally a page will open up showing what tix you can buy. It will show YOUR section and seat numbers which you can refer to on the seating chart. IF these are satisfactory press "PURCHASE TICKETS" or words to that effect and you will be taken to a page where YOU MIGHT have to reenter your e-mail addie and password, especially if you are from out of the area. Type in the addie/password and don't worry, your seats are held.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SEATS the computor pulled for you can "go back and search" for other seats. I wouldn't suggest it however. Just getting in the building is an accomplishment for this show I would think.

6. Since you ALREADY INPUTED your personal and credit card info you'll be taken to a final page which will reiterate the location of your seats and all your personal info. If everything is cool, press BUY NOW (or words to that effect) and you'll be an "owner." Shortly after you do so, you'll receive a confirmation e-mail from Ticketmaster reiterating what you bought and how much and saying everything is fine provided your credit card goes through.

Good luck! ---R

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 8, 2005 16:27

Just practice on some other show. It is easy to play with Ticketmaster without buying. As long as you are not asked to give credit card details, which you are asked for later on in th eprocess, when you have seen the seat allocation, it cost you nothing.

Like try to buy Santana tickets at MSG. Easy available now:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 8, 2005 17:08

Thanks a lot R.Kelley!!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 8, 2005 17:21

Out of curiosty i looked at the uk ticket master and you have to pay £20 sterling to join thier priorty club is the usa one the same?.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 8, 2005 19:12

Thanks guys, great info!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Ticketmaster, how does it work
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 8, 2005 23:03

cheering for Wuudy - how'd you do, where are you sitting??

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home