Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

E tickets ?
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 3, 2014 08:32

Has anyone experienced using these for entry ? A lot are available for the Australian shows via (the dreadful) Viagogo.
I know you shouldn't be ripped off, because they don't pay the seller until after the show,so I would think it wouldn't be in anyone's interest to sell duds.
I just wondered how venues were about them.What do they look like ? I will know within 24 hrs if I can make a trip down under work. Looking at doing Melbourne Arena ,Hanging Rock and Sydney Arena .

sc uk

Re: E tickets ?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 3, 2014 09:02

I have. I had one for GC here in Stockholm and it was absolutely fine. Security scan the barcode and that's about it! A colour printed ticket resembles a hard copy so worry not!
They weren't available for Oslo and the slightly less dreadful Ticketmaster stung me for 18 quid to send my ticket to the UK so I'd go for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 3, 2014 09:25

Venues are fine with them as long as the print quality is good enough to scan the barcode. Don't get them wet because home printing ink can run...

The risk with resold tickets is somebody selling and emailing multiple copies - you should be OK with the big scalping sites that don't pay the seller until you've got in, but with the likes of EBay or Gumtree you're taking a bigger chance.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 3, 2014 09:30

Had one for the Paris gig. I must admit I wouldn't feel comfortable buying an e ticket from unknown source - not that there is much choice in your case... especially for marked seats and in a country which is not "my home base"... getting to the gate and finding out your ticket is "no good" with an indifferent security people in front of you... king of a disturbing thought.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 3, 2014 09:32

Used e-tickets for 4 outta my 6 euro concerts with no problems.(From the US) Also for all of my 50 & Counting... tickets.

My advice and what I do. Print out atleast 2 copies. Keep the 2nd set in a ziplock bag and seperate from the others. Just in case you lose, gets stolen, gets wet, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 09:33 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 3, 2014 10:38

Why buying from Viagogo? There were enough tickets for sale in front of the arenas or stadiums at all concerts I`ve ever been to.

If there is an audience of 40.000 or more people there will always be a lot of people who cannot attend, because they're sick or have other reasons which prevent them from going.
Take a seating chart, take the money you are willing to spend - and help people who cannot attend by buying their tickets.

I got into Düsseldorf FOS1 that way and payed what I could afford, which was less than face value (which I could definately not have afforded after going to Paris the week before).

Regarging E-Tickets: I would never buy an E-Ticket from an unknown source, via ebay or from a tout. But E-Tickets are great when you buy tickets for concerts far away, as I did for Paris (from an official seller, of course). Instead of waiting for ages for the tickets to arrive and paying an obscene fee for shipping (Hyde Park comes to mind) you have the ticket in your hands seconds after you bought it. Loved it.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:45

I have agree with those advising against e-tickets from a secondary source. I've never used seatwave or viagogo but would be nervous about getting any ticket from them. Even if you get a refund - if the ticket turns out to fake (or in the case of e-tickets, sent to more than one person), it wouldn't make up for you not getting in to the show.

I personally prefer "proper" tickets anyhow - just because I like to keep them as souvenirs and e-tickets just don't see the same but I would buy one from an official seller to save on international postage.

I think there are still some single seats left for some of the Australian shows from the official sellers. There were a day or so ago when I last checked. I'm still hoping to make it there for a show or two but might take the risk of getting a ticket closer to the time as I want to treat myself to a front of stage/pit/golden circle and they're sold out.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 3, 2014 22:42

E-Tickets are only okay with me, when I buy them by myself at ticketmaster. I would never risk to buy such a ticket on ebay (because of maybe multiple copies).

I had an e-tix for the opening night of the 50 & Counting tour, which I bought only 1,5 days before the concert. I collect all my used paper tickets, but the risk for flying to London without a tix in hand, was to high for me (computer or printing out problems could be possible on the day of the event at the box office), so I've decided that time for an e-tix.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2014 22:57

Most shows I go to seem to use e-tickets these days, which is sad in a way because I like to have a real ticket as a souvenir, but the advantage of being able to download them far outweighs that, as the anxiety of waiting for tickets to arrive in the mail before leaving for a trip (because they send them out so close to the show date) is agonizing. Never had a problem with them at the venue. I've occasionally had re-sale e-tickets, too, and never had a problem with those.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 3, 2014 23:11

I had two E-tickets for myself and my girlfriend for Werchter and it wasn't a problem at all. They were scanned at the gates and that was done in 5 seconds and we were in.... but,... ofcourse I bought them at ticketmaster.

If you buy E-tickets on Ebay, or even from someone face to face, you never know for sure you get in until you are at the gates of the concert place.
What if the person sold the same tickets to a couple of other fans too?
One can print E-tickets as much as one want.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 3, 2014 23:20

No problems in Stockholm, Golden Circle

Jeroen

Date: July 3, 2014 23:33

I know that some artists offer print-out tickets or actual tickets. For the print-out ones I use more frequently, you can reprint them if needed, but they have a scan code that you must use, as well as venue info, ads, etc. Work okay for me, but I've never used them for a Stones show... I prefer the actual tickets, personally.
By the way, some of the pros for print-out tickets are that you can print them out if you loose a copy (doesn't mean if someone else uses the lost one before you you'll still get in, obviously...) and that there is no shipping & handling/waiting for them to come in the mail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 23:35 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: July 4, 2014 17:41

There's still single seats available to those 3 shows you mentioned via the official sites I believe?
My sister in law paid $370 for a seat at Hanging Rock only a week or two ago. Her only other option was a GA ticket for double face value at $320 on via go go. So for $50 more she got a seat and peace of mind owning a legit ticket.

There is also a bigger risk for the Aussie shows- promoters offered cancellation refunds which means touts could be selling cancelled tickets from the march tour.

I had some e tickets that I sold and discovered that buys are (rightfully) nervous. I only order hard tickets now in case I end up needing to sell them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 17:41 by jammingedward.

Date: July 4, 2014 17:46

To second what jammingedward said, I'd be especially cautious buying scalped e-tickets for the Aussie concerts. Due to the cancellations.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 5, 2014 00:52

Thanks for the replies. A bit of a split on opinions as I expected. My gut feeling is that there is a risk buying these on the secondary market. I certainly wouldn't buy from ebay. Viagogo and some others provide protection if the tickets don't get you in, but that's not much compensation if you are on the other side of the world !
I will have to wait for the right pairs to come up and get them sent via UPS I think.
I've managed to score A-block Hanging Rock tickets at face from AUS TM .They are E tickets, but direct from Ticketmaster, they should be fine.

sc uk

Date: July 5, 2014 01:03

Direct from Ticketmaster, have no worries. Just print a 2nd copy and keep it safe and waterproof.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home