Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

That cool watch Mick wore in the 70s
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:15

One of the first things I loved about Mick Jagger was his sartorial sense in the 70s...I could go on and on about those white bucks, cuffed slacks, hats etc.
But that watch! The one with the black band, blueish face and dial. I didn't know what Tag Heuer was when I was young, but the other day, after decades, I finally bothered to try and find out what kind of watch it was.
I thought it was the coolest thing, and having a watch fetish since I was old enough to tell time, I always wanted one just like this one:

[moonphase.fr]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 23:19 by stupidguy2.

Re: That cool watch Mick wore in the 70s
Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: July 3, 2014 00:38

thanks for a post, cool read cool smiley
actually, would love to see the thread with a photos of all the watches the Stones wore over a time...

Keith loves watches also, was wearing IWC portugeese for a while couple of years ago

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 3, 2014 11:22

johnypar

Keith loves watches also, was wearing IWC portugeese for a while couple of years ago

He and Ron wore a Cartier for ages.
Bill wore a Rolex sub in the 80's.

Date: July 3, 2014 11:25

stupidguy2
I didn't know what Tag Heuer was when I was young, but the other day, after decades, I finally bothered to try and find out what kind of watch it was.
I thought it was the coolest thing, and having a watch fetish since I was old enough to tell time, I always wanted one just like this one:

[moonphase.fr]

It was Heuer only at this time, not Tag Heuer yet...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:28

Watches are to men what designer shoes are to women.... Zzzzzzz!sad smiley

Date: July 3, 2014 14:52

dcba
Watches are to men what designer shoes are to women.... Zzzzzzz!sad smiley

Not really. There are amazing shoes for men too.
You prefer talk about skullrings?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2014 15:42

Yep, nice Heuer, pic nicked from the article :

It seems the last time he was seen with a Heuer was in 1977...a Bianca connection ?

Keith and Ronnie were seen with the smart looking IWC Portuguese Chronograph during the ABB tour I believe, product placement no doubt as Roger Hodgson wore the same watch at that period.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 3, 2014 18:56

gotdablouse
Yep, nice Heuer, pic nicked from the article :

It seems the last time he was seen with a Heuer was in 1977...a Bianca connection ?

Keith and Ronnie were seen with the smart looking IWC Portuguese Chronograph during the ABB tour I believe, product placement no doubt as Roger Hodgson wore the same watch at that period.

I also wondered if there was a Bianca connection ...(like the diamond in his tooth)
Gift perhaps?
But according to this article, Mick has been seen wearing different Heuer throughout the 80s, 90s. But true, we only see those two, and particularly the Carerra, with the singular strap.
That model vintage is collectible now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home