Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones Museum
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 4, 2015 12:05

jlowe
DaveG
Soon the Stones Museum will be touring 15 North American cities. For the price of admission, one will get to see and hear a musical history of the group.

As for an actual museum: maybe after the group has played it's last gig, recorded it's last song.

My opinion only, but I dont see much enduring interest in the Stones to commercially suport a museum after they have done their last gasp.
A few items from the vaults, audio and video. Some documentarires and an endless stream of books from anyone whk has had the remotest contact with the group and individuals.

No enduring interest in a band this fundamental to rock and roll history?

Re: Stones museum in the works?
Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: April 5, 2015 11:32

I looked round the ABBA museum. The most interesting fact, and what can't have failed to catch Mick's eye, is that it's heavily promoted as a 'must see' item all across Stockholm. People were queueing out of the door as a result. A touring Stones exhibition that stopped off in major cities for two to three months at a time, with the prospect of a Stone dropping in to create a media buzz about it opening, would surely appeal to fans and the casual observer alike. Let's be honest, most museums are pretty dull. This one I would pay to look round.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home