Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Billy Talbot of Crazy Horse
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 30, 2014 19:18

Get well Billy.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse bassist Billy Talbot suffers mild stroke

> Billy Talbot

Billy Talbot, bassist with Neil Young & Crazy Horse, has suffered a mild stroke, according to a report on Rolling Stone.

The story reports that Talbot will sit out the band's forthcoming European tour dates.

"Talbot's doctors expect him to make a full recovery," the group said in a statement. "They have advised Talbot to sit this tour out and recover his strength."

Talbot's place will be filled by Neil Young's longtime bassist Rick Rosas.

Dorene Carter and YaDonna West will also join the tour as backing vocalists, filling in for Talbot who provided many of the

The 70 year-old Talbot - who has not missed a single show with the group since their formation in 1968 - isn't the first member of Crazy Horse to suffer health problems recently.

Last year, a batch of dates were cancelled because of an ongoing injury to guitarist Frank "Poncho" Sampedro's hand.

The Europe tour dates for Neil Young and Crazy Horse are:

July 07, Laugardalshöllin, Reykjavík, Iceland
July 10, Live At The Marquee, Cork, Ireland
July 12, Hyde Park, London, England
July 13, Echo Arena, Liverpool, England
July 15, KüçükÇiftlik Park, Istanbul, Turkey
July 17, Yarkon Park, Tel-Aviv, Israel
July 20, Münsterplatz, Ulm, Germany
July 21, Collisioni Festival, Barolo, Italy
July 23, Wiener Stadthalle, Wien, Austria
July 25, Warsteiner Hockeypark, Mönchengladbach, Germany
July 26, Filmnächte am Elbufer, Dresden, Germany
July 28, Zollhafen - Nordmole, Mainz, Germany
July 30, København Forum, København, Denmark
August 1, Bergenhus Festning - Koengen, Bergen, Norway
August 3, Stockholm Music & Arts Festival - Stockholm, Sweden
August 5, Lokerse Feesten, Lokeren, Belgium
August 7, Monte-Carlo Sporting Summer Festival, Monaco, France
August 8, Foire aux Vins de Colmar, Colmar, France

Read more at [www.uncut.co.uk]

Re: OT: Billy Talbot of Crazy Horse
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 30, 2014 20:26

I hope Billy fully recovers...but at least Rick is one hell of a bass player.

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: June 30, 2014 20:33

oh no...
get well Billy

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 30, 2014 22:36

The Horse is the best garage/grunge band in the world when playing behind Neil. There's no rock/rock'n'roll sound like them with Neil wailing away on lead guitar. It's a whole other world to get lost in. Not to say they haven't played sloppily at times behind Neil, but for the most part, the Horse and Neil get locked into a groove and, like with most things Neil, you gotta ride along with his groove to appreciate where his music's at that night. CSNY never did come anywhere close to Neil and Crazy Horse.

Give a listen to the following albums and put your own compilation together of Neil and the Horse: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere; Zuma; Rust Never Sleeps; Ragged Glory; Sleeps With Angels (a very under-rated album); Greendale (another under-rated album, though, some of the live boots from this tour are, IMO, better);Psychedelic Pill (some great moments, but it should've been a single disk).

Date: June 30, 2014 22:50

dmay
The Horse is the best garage/grunge band in the world when playing behind Neil. There's no rock/rock'n'roll sound like them with Neil wailing away on lead guitar. It's a whole other world to get lost in. Not to say they haven't played sloppily at times behind Neil, but for the most part, the Horse and Neil get locked into a groove and, like with most things Neil, you gotta ride along with his groove to appreciate where his music's at that night. CSNY never did come anywhere close to Neil and Crazy Horse.

Give a listen to the following albums and put your own compilation together of Neil and the Horse: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere; Zuma; Rust Never Sleeps; Ragged Glory; Sleeps With Angels (a very under-rated album); Greendale (another under-rated album, though, some of the live boots from this tour are, IMO, better);Psychedelic Pill (some great moments, but it should've been a single disk).

I would add Weld, one of the best live albums of all time

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 30, 2014 23:01

Re Weld: I second that emotion.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 30, 2014 23:12

kishorcsog

The video is better. Neil looks amazing in this one...
And I have a soft spot for the "Arc" cd. "Elevator music for psychos" >grinning smiley<

Date: June 30, 2014 23:25

dcba
kishorcsog

The video is better. Neil looks amazing in this one...
And I have a soft spot for the "Arc" cd. "Elevator music for psychos" >grinning smiley<

Yeah, the video is fantastic, showing people having a good time and singalong. And Crime in the city, what a a guitar sound:

Never heard Arc

Posted by: shakeydeal ()
Date: June 30, 2014 23:34

Add Re*AC*TOR...Surfer Joe and Moe The Sleaze, Opera Star and Shots.

Get well, Billy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 23:34 by shakeydeal.

Posted by: KentishMen ()
Date: June 30, 2014 23:56

Am going to the first 3 concerts next week:Iceland, Ireland and Hyde Park (ahh that reminds me of last summer!). Rick Rosas will be more than capable of filling in but it won't be the same. Here's hoping Billy makes a full recovery.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: July 1, 2014 05:41

Get well soon Billy we need you back in the saddle.

Date: July 1, 2014 10:37

kishorcsog

Never heard Arc

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Arc is a composition of feedback, guitar noise, and vocal fragments that was realized from various shows on the 1991 tour"
A typical NY project... grinning smiley

Date: July 1, 2014 15:44

dcba
kishorcsog

Never heard Arc

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Arc is a composition of feedback, guitar noise, and vocal fragments that was realized from various shows on the 1991 tour"
A typical NY project... grinning smiley

Thanks, I heard about Arc but never listened to it, I like melody and rhythm when listening to music smiling smiley

Date: July 1, 2014 19:14

Well pass on it then... It's one loong 35+ minutes track and it's as close as being bombed. I file my copy next to "Metal Music Machine" grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home