Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Sister Morphine
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 9, 2014 01:38

It's a bit maudlin lyrically. This was my point earlier about it being a great track, but not necessarily a great song. The haunting arrangement with Ry Cooder and the dramatic entrance of Charlie make it special for me.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 9, 2014 03:00

ive never been a fan of rock groups glamourizing drugs.

i think the fact a lot did has shown that they could have used more in the thought process to come up with something different.

although im big stones fan, i wouldnt like too many songs to be about drugs and sister morphine in my opinion isnt cool, its depressing although musically its a good song. just dont think they needed it on that album.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 9, 2014 03:21

buttons67
ive never been a fan of rock groups glamourizing drugs.

i think the fact a lot did has shown that they could have used more in the thought process to come up with something different.

although im big stones fan, i wouldnt like too many songs to be about drugs and sister morphine in my opinion isnt cool, its depressing although musically its a good song. just dont think they needed it on that album.

It's supposed to be depressing.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: August 9, 2014 03:30

They were so incredibly brilliant at this time of their career. What happened? They've never again come close as song writers and Sticky I think was their real high water mark creativity and artistically. Fantastic!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home