Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Track Talk: Sister Morphine
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 9, 2014 01:38

It's a bit maudlin lyrically. This was my point earlier about it being a great track, but not necessarily a great song. The haunting arrangement with Ry Cooder and the dramatic entrance of Charlie make it special for me.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 9, 2014 03:00

ive never been a fan of rock groups glamourizing drugs.

i think the fact a lot did has shown that they could have used more in the thought process to come up with something different.

although im big stones fan, i wouldnt like too many songs to be about drugs and sister morphine in my opinion isnt cool, its depressing although musically its a good song. just dont think they needed it on that album.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 9, 2014 03:21

buttons67
ive never been a fan of rock groups glamourizing drugs.

i think the fact a lot did has shown that they could have used more in the thought process to come up with something different.

although im big stones fan, i wouldnt like too many songs to be about drugs and sister morphine in my opinion isnt cool, its depressing although musically its a good song. just dont think they needed it on that album.

It's supposed to be depressing.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: August 9, 2014 03:30

They were so incredibly brilliant at this time of their career. What happened? They've never again come close as song writers and Sticky I think was their real high water mark creativity and artistically. Fantastic!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home