Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tim Ries - The Rolling Stones project - in Madrid, Rotterdam, Copenhagen
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2014 09:22

The Rolling Stones project
featuring Tim Ries, Bernard Fowler and Darryl Jones

June 24th
Madrid Spain
Teatro Lara
22:30
[www.dirtyrock.eu]

June 27th
The Rolling Stones project
ft. Tim Ries, Bernard Fowler and Darryl Jones
Friday 27th june, 20.00 h
Theater aan de Schie
Stadserf 1
Schiedam (part of Rotterdam), The Netherlands
[www.theateraandeschie.nl]

July 4th
Copenhagen Denmark
Copenhagen Jazz Festival
Location and time TBA

Bjornulf

Stones Project in Madrid May 24th with Darryl Jones, Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries!!
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:03

Re: Stones Project in Madrid May 24th with Darryl Jones, Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries!!
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 11, 2014 22:06

June 24th maybe,but I get there on June 23rd so gonna look it up. smileys with beer

Re: Stones Project in Madrid May 24th with Darryl Jones, Bernard Fowler & Tim Ries!!
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 11, 2014 22:25

I get to Madrid the afternoon of the 24th so this looks good spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

The official Rolling Stones Touring Band live in Schiedam, 27 juni 2014 ft. Tim Ries, Darryl Jones en Bernard Fowler
Posted by: ArnoBrouwer ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:38

The official Rolling Stones Touring Band live in Schiedam, 27 juni 2014
ft. Tim Ries, Darryl Jones en Bernard Fowler

Wilt u ook dichtbij kunnen genieten van de muziek van "the greatest Rock 'n Roll band in the World'? Dat kan! De officiële muzikanten van The Rolling Stones, Tim Ries, Darryl Jones en Bernard Fowler, geven een exclusief en eenmalig theaterconcert in ons theater; als enige in Nederland!

Als The Rolling Stones op tournee gaan bellen ze Darryl Jones, Tim Ries en Bernard Fowler. Op dit moment zijn deze muzikanten op wereldtournee met The Rolling Stones, maar op 27 juni, aan de vooravond van het Stonesconcert in Werchter, komen deze grootheden voor een exclusief theaterconcert in Nederland naar Theater aan de Schie. Ze gaan de wereldberoemde muziek van The Rolling Stones gieten in prachtige jazz, blues, rock en wereld muziek arrangementen.

"Het concert van The Official Rolling Stones Touring Band beloofd een bijzondere gebeurtenis te worden die ik kan aanbevelen. Niet alleen vanwege de mooie muziek, maar vooral vanwege de exceptionele bezetting van de band. Afgelopen vrijdag sprak ik met Tim Ries en Bernard Fowler voorafgaand aan het Stonesconcert op Pinkpop en ik kan u verzekeren dat zij, en wij, er veel zin in hebben," aldus Rob Roos, directeur Theater aan de Schie

Vrijdag 27 juni 2014
Aanvang 20.15 uur
Kaarten € 27,50

Kaarten zijn te koop via: www.theateraandeschie.nl

Re: The official Rolling Stones Touring Band live in Schiedam, 27 juni 2014 ft. Tim Ries, Darryl Jones en Bernard Fowler
Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: June 19, 2014 17:26

Sounds great. I saw them in London last year with Charlie guesting.
They are doing Madrid too.

Any news on any other gigs from Tim

Re: Tim Ries - The Rolling Stones project - in Madrid, Rotterdam, Copenhagen
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:24

I'll be there. Have a Reserved Seat will call Ticket…

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 13:27

I'm going tonight! Nice warm up before big gig tomorrow! Any bets on "Last minute surprise guests"? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 24, 2014 17:05

...Since when are we calling Stones' side musicians in their own, personal (side) projects "The official Rolling Stones Touring Band"?!
Nothing "Glimmer-Twins-approved" there, I reckon... And if people of the RS 'corporate' entourage ARE reading this too, I reckon we might be smelling something fishy really fast...

The ONLY 'official Rolling Stones Touring Band' are the Stones THEMSELVES;
all the rest are 'ad hoc' back-up musicians. Nothing 'official' about that. And, as in Blondie's (& several others') case, nothing enduring nor sustainable about it either.
So this "OFFICIAL" qualification is really a rather far stretch...
(As is the ticket price for this 'Theater Aan Zee' thing. Almost 30 euro for Tim Ries, Bernard Folwer & Darryl Jones?!? Come-on.)

Date: June 24, 2014 19:39

No one is forced to go to those gigs.
If you got any issues about the band,just don't bother going.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Rolling Stones fans gonna enjoy it, whether Charlie turns up or not. winking smiley

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: June 24, 2014 23:49

Crawdaddy - You are right. I was on the front row after the Hyde park gig last year. Yes Charlie did guest for a couple of numbers and he was great but they are a great band on their own. It makes you realise how much detail and commitment goes into a Stones show. It also gives you a different flavour of the blues roots to the music. Chuck also played at that show. They are all passionate about the music and not just session guys!

Date: June 25, 2014 01:36

thumbs up

Date: June 25, 2014 02:08

Back from the gig. No special guests tonight but fantastic show. The music was amazing, the audience had a good time and the players received standing ovations. Got it almost the whole thing recorded, only missing a couple of songs (Lady Jane and Satisfaction). I promise some videos in the next few days...

Date: June 25, 2014 02:14

smileys with beer

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: June 25, 2014 08:36

RoughJusticeOnYa
...Since when are we calling Stones' side musicians in their own, personal (side) projects "The official Rolling Stones Touring Band"?!
Nothing "Glimmer-Twins-approved" there, I reckon... And if people of the RS 'corporate' entourage ARE reading this too, I reckon we might be smelling something fishy really fast...

all the rest are 'ad hoc' back-up musicians. Nothing 'official' about that. And, as in Blondie's (& several others') case, nothing enduring nor sustainable about it either.
(As is the ticket price for this 'Theater Aan Zee' thing. Almost 30 euro for Tim Ries, Bernard Folwer & Darryl Jones?!? Come-on.)

Pretty sure that's just what was stated on the venue web site...don't think Tim promotes it as such. In fact, on his web site, the concerts are promoted as follows:

Rolling Stones touring musicians Darryl Jones, Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries will perform 4 concerts this June and July while on tour with the Stones.
We will play with local guitarists and drummers in all the cities.

Does that meet with your approval??

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:03

Tim Ries does these shows to have fun. Then of course the venues use all sorts of additional information to sell tickets. Please do not use this thread for an endless discussion about who is saying what and what is the venue doing.

This thread is simply here in order to inform those who want to se Tim Ries and his fellow musicians about the dates. Also, it is a great place to meet other Stones fans.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:47

Jah Paul
RoughJusticeOnYa

Pretty sure that's just what was stated on the venue web site...don't think Tim promotes it as such.

Does that meet with your approval??

...How or where did I imply that it's Tim Ries & co that are promoting themselves like that!?
In fact, (to me) it's obvious that this is the local promotor's doing (or somebody close to the venue organisation).

Date: June 26, 2014 14:44

As promised, a couple of vids. Sorry for the poor camera work but I wasn't even looking at the screen... I was more focused on the real thing on stage... I'll post more when I have the time...

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 14:45 by milio77.

Date: June 26, 2014 14:45

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 28, 2014 02:41

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:15

Anyone heard any news about the Copenhagen show, haven't been able to find any info

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:42

MichaelLassen
Anyone heard any news about the Copenhagen show, haven't been able to find any info

Cancelled.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 2, 2014 20:48

I was going to go to this gig in Madrid on the 24th but flight from London was late arriving to Madrid so didn't get to it but did get a poster for it that a shopkeeper in Madrid let me have smiling smiley

Nate

Date: July 2, 2014 22:38

Nice review Carlitos. Nice to see one of mi vids there.

Takes forever to upload them, but I didn't forget my promise to post some more.

All in all, it was not just a nice warm up for the big event but a great act on its own...

Date: July 3, 2014 10:54

Ok, here's my playlist from the gig. As I said, only Lady Jane and Satisfaction are missing:

Stones Project [Madrid, 2014.06.24]

Date: July 3, 2014 12:34

RoughJusticeOnYa

@RoughJusticeOnYa, pity you were not there at the Theater aan de Zee thing. You missed out on a fantastic gig.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home