Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2 years ago today: Munich - opening of the Licks European Tour - who was there?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 4, 2005 18:56

I was there, what a great show!

Re: 2 years ago today: Munich - opening of the Licks European Tour - who was there?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 4, 2005 19:31

Yeah--a really great concert in munich--Olympiahall. Much better than he last time i was there.( European tour 1973)

Re: 2 years ago today: Munich - opening of the Licks European Tour - who was there?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 4, 2005 20:08

The whole week was great - summer in Munich City, three great shows with my greatest show ever so far - the Circus Krone.

Posted by: django ()
Date: June 4, 2005 20:33

I was there too. Yes, summer in the city but with a heavy rain just before the gates were opened.

Great concert at a unique place, good bavarian beer, good vibes and the very first time that I heard LOVE IN VAIN live at a Stones concert.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 4, 2005 20:47

I was there. Saw all three shows.

Date: June 4, 2005 22:49

I´m just listening to the boot: LOVE IN VAIN, Ronnie´s pedal steel is so great, it makes me shiver!!!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 5, 2005 07:04

i was there too.

missed the stadium show 'cause on that day i got my tatt.

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: June 5, 2005 10:04

Oh, and of course, I was there too with my Friend Kusi! Was awsome! We had some marvellous days in Munich that I will never forget!

The Stones played an awsome Trilogy! Stunning!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 5, 2005 10:11

I was and I met Rolling Hansie there. Cheers!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2005 10:19

And what a great week that was. 3 Shows.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2005 11:41

Yes Harm. That was really great meeting eachother there.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: salar ()
Date: June 5, 2005 16:04

Hi,
yeah..what a great week this was in München.....2 years ago....hard to believe.
I was one of the lucky guys that could join the whole Munich trilogie.
...which was followed 4 weeks later by the marvelous week in Paris
( remember TooTough ?!)
Back to München first...since I had a bad place in the Olympiahalle (had a seat just down the roof and after 2 days later the show in the stadium took place,
I had a FOS ticket....which made the stadium show more intense and more joyable to me than the arena show...as great as it was.
Which again proofed that it doesn`t matter that much, if you see a stadium or
an arena show..the point is, that, if you have a FOS place in the stadium,
it is as good as an arena...not songwise of course.

But of course the overall highlight was the final München show at CIRKUS KRONE.
Well, what can I say ?!?!
My first ever club gig....I had been dreaming of this for 21 years.
and the best moment AFTER the Krone gig was, when I realized, that I would be so lucky to watch another club gig just 4 weeks later,
by puting the Paris-trilogie on the list, I finally could see 2 club gigs within 4 weeks....which seems almost unfair, as I know many of you
hard core freaks outside would give their left hand for seeing
a Stones club gig....
but after all, since I am a so called Hard-Core fan, too:
I have earned it.....and so did my great Stones fellow TooTough in Paris and Utrecht .
Hope we can make this again next summer, TT...which I am not only looking forward because of the Stones.
Because next summer the 2 things which I do love most, take place in my homecountry:
Rolling Stones shows and Football World Cup in germany...
Anything more to ask for ?!

See you on the tour
regards
Salar

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 5, 2005 17:30

YES - A GREAT CONCERT IN OLYMPIAHALLE MUNICH !
I remember a nice hot summer day !
Before the Concert there was a great feeling in the air.
Music was in the air .........
This was my 1. Stones concert in this summer 2003.
But I got the STONES VIRUS again and so I joined 6 Concerts
(Munich, Oberhausen, Hannover, Utrecht, Amsterdam, Zürich)
in this nice summer days.
And I hope some of you remeber !
The 2. October in Zürich was also a hot summer day. Great hot summer wether in October !! In Zürich you were able to go into FOS section without FOS ticket. Because there were no FOS tickets sold. That was much funny !!
It was a great Concert with a smiling relaxed well looking Keith on b_stage after concert !

See You FOS

Grüsse
Regards
Gerd from Düsseldorf (Germany)

Date: June 5, 2005 17:47

salar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> fellow TooTough in Paris and Utrecht .
> Hope we can make this again next summer,
> TT...which I am not only looking forward because
> of the Stones.

Yeah, the best week ever in Paris, all three shows! Of
course we will do a lot next year (rumours say 8 shows
are scheduled for Germany, but no more fields for me).
And let´s do something exotic, like Spain where they go mad!!

Any news on VA / DC?

See ya!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-05 17:48 by TooTough.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 5, 2005 18:22

I echo the sentiments of many who have posted. I used my RS.com membership to score 2 tickets for Circus Krone, and was also able to get a local Munich friend to score me two seats at the Olympiahalle gig. I liked both shows alot, but it was weird after the arena show that many people thought it was a bad showing by the band. I was lucky to have great sound way up high on the left side and I rate this as a very good arena show for me and I have seen plenty the past 36 years. Always funny to me how people at the same show describe it completely different.

What fantastic weather in Munich that week! Went biking around the town to beergardens and Masskrugs never went down so good. WE all needed plenty of anything to drink at Krone. It was incredibly hot in there, a virtual steam bath. Stones put on a great show, but the sound was off I thought the first few songs. Can't Turn You Loose was for me the best number of the night. Great show, must have lost 10 Lbs.

Fun week for all who showed up.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: June 6, 2005 10:07

Was there for all 3 shows.
Didn't think the arenea show was a good one.
Great stadium show and Cirkus Krone was the best show I've ever seen!!!

Per-Arne

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 6, 2005 10:19

I was there too and made it to the 3 shows.

The Cirkus Krone was unforgettable and the Olympiastadion was great too.
I also didn't like the Olympiahalle concert that much.
From all the shows I saw in 2003, it's the one which left me the less souvenirs, even if I cannot say it was a bad one. I just didn't get into it.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: elvisloose ()
Date: June 6, 2005 10:21

yeah,what a week in munich.
saw all the 3 shows.
circus krone was the best concert i'ver ever seen.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 6, 2005 10:56

All three shows
and Pressconference, too.
... and unforgettable meetings in bavarian Biergarten with fans!!!

I hope, they will do such trilogy again next year, perhaps in Hamburg or Berlin...

Some more pics to remember: [www.highwire-therollingstones.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-06 12:03 by HighwireC.

Posted by: padenis ()
Date: June 6, 2005 11:38

I was there too. My best Stones concert. Highlights: Street Fighting Man, Can't You Hear Me Rocking, Love in Vain & Manish Boy.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 6, 2005 12:39

Mmmm, yeah! Bought the fanclub FAN ASYLUM rip off-package... And got fab tickets for all 3 shows. Fantastic week. Krone was very special, incredibly hot and steamy... Unfortunately I brought along bad company, but met great people from Japan, Hong Kong, the US, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Italy and Bjørnulf of IORR. Great week. I'm gonna do it all over again this time, starting in Boston... Ending God knows where! I like it! And this time, with only nice folks at my side. Considerable change, that is!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 7, 2005 21:24

will never forget the CIRCUS KRONE CONCERT---one of the best of the rolling stones!!!--well right now--2 years ago

Posted by: blackn'blue ()
Date: June 7, 2005 22:04

2 years allready!!! time flyes... I was there, unforgettable

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 7, 2005 22:06

2 years ago tomorrow.

Posted by: beggarsbanquet ()
Date: June 7, 2005 22:24

Olympiahalle, very close to the B-Stage, a lot of space, behind me many people separated by a fence, which was a strange feeling, never have seen the stones from a short distance like this before, great experience!

Stadium was great too, even if it wasn't so close to watch.

Looking forward to the next munich date.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home