Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

VIP packages merchandise
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 16, 2014 14:32

Hi,I would like to ask if anyone has had one of these packages so far on this tour and what exactly is contained in the VIP merchandise gifts that you receive with the package.

I have a VIP pit package for Madrid and I've just discovered that you have to pick up the merchandise pack one hour before going into the concert but I don't want to stand in the concert holding a bag so I think I have one hour to get back to my hotel to drop off the bag and then get back to the stadium,I can't understand why they do it this way round instead of letting you pick up the bag after the gig.

If anyone has experience of this it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks
Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-16 14:40 by Nate.

Re: VIP packages merchandise
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 16, 2014 14:53

Do you have the ticket or you also need to pick it up before the show?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 16, 2014 15:51

So this was the way it worked in Oslo

Arrival, showing your pass sent in advance (or collected at the venue) and taken to a small room with another 40 people. Pay bar close by.

Bag of "goodies" handed out - max one hour between the earliest you could get in and needing to be ready to enter the Arena. I think a couple of people left the room and went outside again - but I can't be sure. Unless your hotel is close by....

So everyone carried their (quite small) bag.

Tickets were posted before - but I did see a collection point.

The head of Stones security (nice guy, very confident on handling people) led us down to the Pit. they went out of their way to make sure we got to the front. The VIP events people (all Brits in Oslo) were also helpful if trying a bit hard to get us excited!

After the gig you wouldn't be able to get back to the room and collect your bag - irritating I know but probably impractical.

Bag (quite nice reversable tongue bag) has a programme, small poster (in a tube), VIP badge/lanyard, and some advertising crap. Lightweight. I hooked mine on my belt for the gig and forgot it (put a hat in it). Other people put them at the front of their feet - because you will get to the barrier.

Hope thats helpful - and enjoy Madrid!

Date: June 16, 2014 22:37

MartinB
Do you have the ticket or you also need to pick it up before the show?

Got my ticket already

Thanks
Nate

Date: June 16, 2014 22:40

Thanks for the information,think I will just take it back to the hotel it just seems a bit silly that they don't hand these out after the show.

Thanks
Nate

Date: June 17, 2014 02:20

thecitadel

Bag (quite nice reversable tongue bag) has a programme, small poster (in a tube), VIP badge/lanyard, and some advertising crap.

Here in the States the programme was hard cover and we got a nice, large tongue logo blanket. No poster.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:22

In Paris we collected them after getting through the turnstile at early entry, before they led us to line up to head down to the field. It was the reversible tongue bag, poster in a tube, laminate and tour book. I kept it by my feet against the front railing.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 18, 2014 10:58

[email protected]
thecitadel

Bag (quite nice reversable tongue bag) has a programme, small poster (in a tube), VIP badge/lanyard, and some advertising crap.

Here in the States the programme was hard cover and we got a nice, large tongue logo blanket. No poster.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Mine came in the mail & took quite awhile. Was worth the wait though. The blanket is very nice.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 18, 2014 11:24

Probably it's "one hour before the gates open", or "one hour before general stage time" (c.q. the start of the support act) - nót an hour before the start of the Rolling Stones' gig.

And are you really sure the instructions don't read "FROM one hour before [...] ONWARDS"?

Just gessin'...

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 18, 2014 15:54

in Oslo we got into the Pit no more than 15 minutes before the gates opened - 3 hours and a bit before the Band came on stage

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 18, 2014 20:30

The goodies are pretty nice. The tote bag is convenient because if you want you can just sling it over your shoulder. The only bulky item is the poster, which comes in a heavy cardboard tube. I noticed a couple of people giving that away to other fans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2283
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home