Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Miley Cyrus, great version of "Wild Horses", Helsinki 2014
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: June 15, 2014 20:21

[www.youtube.com]

Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, Finland, June 1, 2014.

Miley Cyrus gets a lot of hate from some people, but viewed with an open mind, she's a great singer, great performer. Her vocals on this are mature way beyond her age. Her band is ace, too. Her current shows include an acoustic segment that changes from show to show and includes covers like this one.

Re: Miley Cyrus, great version of "Wild Horses", Helsinki 2014
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 15, 2014 21:03

That is quite good for her part
Drums are weird.. What would you say ? Upbeat?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-15 21:04 by The Joker.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: June 15, 2014 23:25

MrEcho
[www.youtube.com]

Miley Cyrus gets a lot of hate from some people, but viewed with an open mind, she's a great singer, great performer. Her vocals on this are mature way beyond her age. Her band is ace, too. Her current shows include an acoustic segment that changes from show to show and includes covers like this one.

Agreed, although I think she did a better job here, a well known classic:

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 16, 2014 00:00

Not bad not bad at all...........

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 16, 2014 00:20

Hate it when she overdresses on stage.

She also did YCAGWYW in a movie whose name escapes me, but I started a thread on it a while back. I always said she would have made an interesting foil for Mick on the US leg, though it would have triggered a wave of coronaries on iorr.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 16, 2014 01:12

DeanGoodman

She also did YCAGWYW in a movie whose name escapes me, but I started a thread on it a while back. I always said she would have made an interesting foil for Mick on the US leg, though it would have triggered a wave of coronaries on iorr.

I think we get to old for this..........but she probably didn't dressed up for us like this grinning smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 16, 2014 01:40

Very Good!!! She is welcome to twerk at my house anytime she likes!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 16, 2014 01:59

The Joker
That is quite good for her part
Drums are weird.. What would you say ? Upbeat?

Over played.
Probably didn't quite catch the song title.
Wild Stampede ...or stlt. wtf.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 16, 2014 04:13

DeanGoodman

Agreed -- would have loved for that to have happened.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:24

I think she sings nothing special, it's on the same class of the dozens of kids that appear on idol shows and similar.

The thing is, it's a great song. That's what stands out the most. And even Miley can impress in a positive way by singing it with a good band behind.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 16, 2014 18:45

I really can't believe that anyone would take anything she does seriously.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 16, 2014 20:25

LuxuryStones
MrEcho
[www.youtube.com]

Agreed, although I think she did a better job here, a well known classic:

Love that tune.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 16, 2014 20:26

I wouldn't call it great but WH is a young persons song as is most of SF and I appreciate Cyrus presenting The Stones to her young audience.. When I listen to SF I realize what young souls Mick and Keith are. I imagine this is why they can continue to tour like kids today.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 16, 2014 23:14

Torres
I think she sings nothing special, it's on the same class of the dozens of kids that appear on idol shows and similar.

The thing is, it's a great song. That's what stands out the most. And even Miley can impress in a positive way by singing it with a good band behind.

Exactly!

Date: June 17, 2014 02:44

Here's Miley doing Bob Dylan's "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go" at the Festhalle in Frankfurt, Germany, June 6, 2014:

[www.youtube.com]

And here she is doing Dylan's "It Ain't Me, Babe" in Dylan's home state of Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, March 10, 2014:

[www.youtube.com]

Her current shows are fantastic arena shows. She's got incredible charisma and humorously mocks her own image throughout the show. Weird and wonderful. Like a surreal dream of a travelling circus in a parallel universe. Miley adds a very personal touch and little twists and turns that change from show to show. The short movies that are part of the show would work as stand-alone works of art. It's sad that some people cannot see through the media generated hoopla around her persona and thus do not recognize the artist that she is. She co-wrote 12 of the 16 songs on her new album. And apart from being the main performer, she is also the co-director and co-costume designer of the current shows. And she's only 21. She was born to do this. She's a bright light of positive energy.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 17, 2014 17:17

MrEcho
It's sad that some people cannot see through the media generated hoopla around her persona and thus do not recognize the artist that she is

If she didn't dress like a whore, act like a whore, and try to come off as a whore then maybe she wouldn't be portrayed as a whore. If she is so talented maybe she should rely on HER TALENT instead of parading herself around half-naked and taking semi-nude photos on Instagram. I don't think the media is generating this hoopla.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 17, 2014 20:48

spsimmons
If she didn't dress like a whore, act like a whore, and try to come off as a whore then

... she wouldn't be Miley.

I like to see today's kids playing & singing songs by the great artists of the 1960s. Like when I saw a teenage girl last week playing "Sunshine of Your Love" on the Guitar Hero video game in the movie theater lobby. Makes me hopeful for the future.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:16

THE AUSTRALIAN ............................ 18 June 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:27

The really amusing thing about Miley Cyrus trying to be sexy is that she's utterly sexless. She tries too hard, in the hope of living down the sterile image of her Disney upbringing. So she attempts to project a sexual image to get some distance from her Disney past, but it fails because she has nothing to project, no aura of sensuality. Miley Cyrus is about as sexy as a 10-year-old boy. It's laughable and pathetic. Debbie Harry, on the other hand, never had to try, because she had it, that something that cannot be forced. She was a Playboy centerfold at one time. Could you imagine Miley Cyrus doing a Playboy spread? She couldn't even raise a smile.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2014 01:29

....can't believe Come On hasn't rocked up here with BB....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 18, 2014 17:19

spsimmons
MrEcho
It's sad that some people cannot see through the media generated hoopla around her persona and thus do not recognize the artist that she is

If she didn't dress like a whore, act like a whore, and try to come off as a whore then maybe she wouldn't be portrayed as a whore. If she is so talented maybe she should rely on HER TALENT instead of parading herself around half-naked and taking semi-nude photos on Instagram. I don't think the media is generating this hoopla.

I'd like to 'Echo' that comment.

Date: June 18, 2014 21:44

"Our shows are very childlike, like kids on acid, and hers are too. We're so much alike in believing art is supposed to be fun. She's just a freak. I love her to death." (Wayne Coyne, The Flaming Lips, about Miley Cyrus, "Rolling Stone", May 22, 2014)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 18, 2014 23:43

She isn't much of a singer, but she's passable. Ever done karaoke, started on the wrong note and needed a verse to get back on key? Here's Miley doing that on "Bad Reputation" (at 3:20 in the video), except that it's in front of 100,000 people, and she never does find the right key. Hopefully she's gotten better - even if one is not a naturally gifted singer (Merry Clayton, she ain't) it can be learned with some practice.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 19, 2014 00:03

While I still don't know that I can give Miley any "respect", I've got to give her some major props as a pro for the way she attempted to handle the "key change" problem dr bryant pointed out. No doubt in my mind that as soon as the band came back in she knew instantly that she had a problem. I could see her looking for cues/help. Eventually she took her ear monitor out so she didn't have to hear the chaos that closely. She also quickly switched to a Shouting-style of singing to avoid the pitch problems.

Kudos Miley. Still a ways off before I give my respect but I'll give you a thumbs up for surviving a rough spot on stage using the best ways you could at the time. (Really surprised that someone backstage isn't responsible for feeding her the correct note to start Bad Reputation on in her ear buds but that's another issue.)

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: June 19, 2014 00:21

Really?

I do not have a problem with Miley. But, I do not think that she did WH very well. Perhaps they should practice.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2014 01:16

The drums seem to be emulating the sound of galloping horses. At least in the first half of the song.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2014 01:17

She also tends to go flat when she sings in concert. But she is a great singer when she's on key.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 19, 2014 02:26

Not a bad version at all...now if only she'd grow up!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 19, 2014 02:39

Miley Cyrus and the word 'great' in a sentence? What happened to this place....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home