Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Announcing tour, performing new song, album not finished?
Posted by: Gunnar ()
Date: June 3, 2005 10:30

A question to my fellow Stones-fans: Did the Rolling Stones ever before announced a major tour, permformed a new song live at the press conference and still had work left to do on the upcoming album?
These facts alone (and the groovy kick of "Oh, No, Not You Again") spurs the excitement of the fans, but it also must put a lot of pressure on the band. There´s not much room for delays between the finishing of the album and rehearsals for the tour.

Cheers, Gunnar

Re: Announcing tour, performing new song, album not finished?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 3, 2005 10:34

Not performing live, but they played new unreleased songs over the PA at press conferences in 89 and 97.

Posted by: Gunnar ()
Date: June 3, 2005 15:48

Sure enough, Erikjjf. But I also reckon the loose naming of the tour, Onstage, as a sign that there´s still a lot of work to be done on both the album and the tour. To me, this can be a very good thing. They have to rush things a bit and maybe even work on the edge for a while. Hopefully this spurs their creativity. I remember Keith Richards once said something about how the deadline of the fortcoming tour had disciplined the process of making Steel Wheels. That resulted in several standout track...

Cheers,
Gunnar

Date: June 4, 2005 02:41

I have no doubt that the album will be in the shops before the tour starts.....I think the Stones have probably experienced bigger pressures in the past.... a few tight deadlines might increase the spontinaity.

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: June 4, 2005 11:41

Well as far as I know they made a live performance on a flat bed truck and that was preceeding a pressconference before a tour!
I think the band is working hard on a lot of things right now and they sort of thrives on that fact. Videos, album, tour and rehearsals! A lot to do and then there's also preparations such as the clothes, the stage, the fysics (Jagger) and the booklets, posters and clothes to be sold during the tour.
Think they will make it and it'll be good tour and record!

Watch the documentary on Four Flicks and get a hint of what the band goes thru before the tour!

HJofSweden

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-04 11:42 by Fansince1964.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home