Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR - music for the video
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:28

Anyone have a good mp3 copy of the audio track for the It's Only Rock 'n Roll video. I ripped the audio from the YouTube video but it lacks some depth...I am surprised that there aren't more bootlegs of the track in it's pre-album release state...

I am not sure that I like it more than the album release but it's a nice alternative to the final studio version.

As an aside, does anyone know why they did the video to a early version of the track? Was it one of those "oh I guess we brought the wrong tape" stories?

Re: IORR - music for the video
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 12, 2014 06:35

They weren't music videos (short films set to the studio recording) until EMOTIONAL RESCUE. Prior to that they were promo films and the audio tracks were not identical to the single or album track. Generally they feature a live lead vocal over pre-recorded parts. Often the backing track was cut just prior to filming the clip and sometimes utilized overdubs such as horns direct from the studio recording.

The only collectable from the music video era would be "She Was Hot" which offers an additional verse unavailable commercially, but unfortunately is played at the wrong speed.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 07:37

Pretty interesting point. I think Hot Stuff, Crazy Mama and Hey Negrita are straight lip synchs, but all the rest are live vocals over the backing track. IORR, being a totally different take without live vocal.

Date: June 12, 2014 18:01

I have a vinyl LP of this album, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll Outtakes...But We Like It! It has outtakes/alternative versions('rough mixes') of a few songs, including IORR, here's the link.
Amazon.com page

Not sure if the version of IORR is as good as you'd want it or not, but I prefer vinyl over download. Its copyright was from 2012, I think.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home