Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones Archive - Is it gone?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2014 01:22

Gooo
Maybe it didn't go well......low sales

I think without question it didn't go well. If I wasn't on iorr I wouldn't have even heard about it. I bet the majority on iorr didn't even buy them.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 6, 2014 01:38

treaclefingers
Gooo
Maybe it didn't go well......low sales

I think without question it didn't go well. If I wasn't on iorr I wouldn't have even heard about it. I bet the majority on iorr didn't even buy them.

100% agree....wonder what the sale numbers are.... I bet something like 10,000-20,000 if that, most likely less

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 6, 2014 02:00

Doxa
I have the picture - and all I say from now on is speculation based on hints from here and there - that "Stones Archive" is just a by-product for the bigger money deal they did with Google Play. It is the latter company that actually made the whole thing possible, that is, profitable for the band ($$$$). The deal was those six releases, and that's it. If they'd been more succesfull there might have been other releases, but Google simply doesn't seem to be any longer interested (the whole thing might have been just a PR campaign for them to promote the medium especially in the US market, and not to gain big direct profits by big sales, since the Stones is a good brand). For the rest of the world - to gather those extra pennies for already done job for nothing - was launched "Stones Archive". I guess we belonging to that world should consider ourselves lucky for many reasons... To put it simply: without Google deal, there would not have been "Stones Archive".

Anyway, as far as futures releases go, I predict that in order that to happen they should get a new (good) deal from some other party to get them motivated... To sell a few downloads by their own via Stones Archive will not do that...

- Doxa

Seems that they could just do it on their own website. It's no more expensive to have and it would always be there. Whatever money made would be just that, no big deal. If they're in it for the money, ha ha, well, why bother releasing something from the BANG tour? There were many better choices.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 6, 2014 02:06

Complete (STEREO) Leeds!!!

Posted by: Stranger09 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 10:57

I would love to see the complete Leeds 71 in stereo.

I get the impression they are still reluctant to release / promote some Mick Taylor era (particularly live) stuff? Hopefully inviting to play on stage more recently *might* resolve some of those issues...

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 20, 2014 12:12

People are strange... they wants what they already have!
Why ask for an official release of Leeds 71 that we all have since years with an excellent sound?
There is so many better shows from 71 (with amyb some rarely played trax) which are waiting a release with official sound.

Posted by: Stranger09 ()
Date: June 21, 2014 02:13

I'm "strange" because I want a show I have heard in mono in true stereo.

May not matter to you but it does to me! smiling smiley

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 21, 2014 06:31

Get your leeds lungs out revisited sounds prrtty much like an official release to me.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home