Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone know where Keith gets his clothes?
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 18, 2014 22:54

Jagger was top in dresser 1970-76

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 19, 2014 09:50

JohnnyBGoode
Just got a skull ring that is similar to the one Keith wears. Should be here tomorrow. Wonder what reactions I will get?

The original one was made by Courts & Hackett. They still offer that design. I´ve had mine for a couple of years and it still makes some people kinda nervous, especially ´cause I don´t look like a "rocker" or a "1%-biker". For a good reason - I ain´t none of them grinning smiley.

Look here: [www.courtsandhackett.com]

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 26, 2014 17:07

Fillmore
JohnnyBGoode
Just got a skull ring that is similar to the one Keith wears. Should be here tomorrow. Wonder what reactions I will get?

The original one was made by Courts & Hackett. They still offer that design. I´ve had mine for a couple of years and it still makes some people kinda nervous, especially ´cause I don´t look like a "rocker" or a "1%-biker". For a good reason - I ain´t none of them grinning smiley.

Look here: [www.courtsandhackett.com]

Funny, I was going to post something similar! I've been wearing it everyday and people as you said, seem nervous. Lots of staring. I'm not a biker, but I do consider myself a rocker, mostly in my own mind. smiling smiley I do dress like, well, jeans, tshirt or those "Fogerty" style shirts with my "Brian Johnson" hat. I am in the Bible Belt, so lots of staring!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2014 17:13

Gooo
Jagger was top in dresser 1970-76

yeah, you couldn't really top that scoop neck leotard.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 28, 2014 21:02

Does anyone else who has a skull ring get an odd reaction from people?

Date: July 28, 2014 21:10

JohnnyBGoode
Does anyone else who has a skull ring get an odd reaction from people?

Well, it depends on how you define "odd". Some feel odd if they´re not spoken to for something they wear (excuse my english, please!). Those few people who addressed me for wearing that ring got to hear what Mr Richards once said about that ring: "look, under that mask of skin we all look the same. That ring reminds me of that fact."
That was good enough for any "odd" reaction my skull ring got. I hope that helps…

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: July 28, 2014 21:39

I love the ring and the bracelet... Had them for years, never got them off.

[img1.imagilive.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 28, 2014 22:36

latebloomer
Green Lady
spain73
latebloomer
What do you mean nobody likes it? I love that jacket.
You are the only one...
So you'll be the only one in the queue when he gives it away.
If you give latebloomer Keith's jacket...then she will wear Keith's jacket to a Rolling Stones concert, where Keith will see her in his jacket, and invite her backstage where she will get her picture taken with the band...then, latebloomer will post that picture on IORR, which will make everyone so jealous of her and forever regretful that they ever said they hated Keith's jacket.

End of story.

well seemingly that'd be circumstances where everyone should end up happy.
maybe you could also bring something else for Keef to wear. how you stand
your ground on the issue of defending the "bloodluster" is astonishing btw

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 28, 2014 22:41

I toil alone and it's a thankless job Nikkei, but somebody has to do it...and some people actually take me seriously. grinning smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 28, 2014 22:43

Clothing was awful this tour..like an old man.

Date: July 28, 2014 22:54

it's sisyphos' work i'm afraid. as soon as the hardcore fan of wealth and taste
starts to accept how Keef looks, that's precisely the time for him to move on.

Date: July 28, 2014 23:07

Nikkei
as soon as the hardcore fan of wealth and taste
starts to accept how Keef looks, that's precisely the time for him to move on.

Very good call in my opinion!
If I may explain myself ("please allow me…" ): I don´t think I look like and I don´t feel like I´m somehow closer to Mr Richards than any other guy just for wearing a ring that looks like his. It´s just a plain and simple "hats off" to my idol and to the message he brings and brought across with it (the ring). Accept how Keef looks? Wouldn´t wanna be seen in his blue sports jackets, pink shirts or green sneakers. But it´s good to see him in anything else but a plastic bag, belly up…
Don´t care what he wears, just wanna see him and hear him play.

Date: July 28, 2014 23:21

Don´t care what he wears, just wanna see him and hear him play.

You got it, which is exactly why I go on about that silly jacket...I love to look at pics of Keith as a style icon, but in the end, it's still about the music. As long as they're still able and willing to perform, I don't much care what any of them wear.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 29, 2014 00:49

I am very disappointed indeed to see this post latebloomer - it suggests that keith has let you down, yet again, and retained possession of The Blue Jacket. Perhaps you gave him the wrong address ?

Date: July 29, 2014 01:04

Well EJM, what can I say...I'm sure Keith has the right address, he's just playing it cool and waiting for the right time. I expect that jacket will be arriving around the same time that hell freezes over. winking smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 29, 2014 01:20

and yet no one has posted a single photo of this beautiful blue jacket about which you speak? sad smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 29, 2014 01:37

Keith in Abu Dhabi

Date: July 29, 2014 02:03

compared to the bloodluster jacket, what we have here
is beautiful understatement. also like the dotted scarf

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 29, 2014 04:31

MILKYWAY
and yet no one has posted a single photo of this beautiful blue jacket about which you speak? sad smiley

You asked for it...

And while we're on the subject of "it", first off I'd like to say that I’ve been a big fan of Keith’s style over the years, but those YSL satin jackets I just can’t abide (and I’m obviously not alone), making them fair game for a little silly poetic ridicule…

“Anti-Ode To Keith’s Awful Blue & White Satin Lady-Jacket”

Oh Hideous Jacket, I truly detest you
The Fashion Police should bitch slap and arrest you
You cruelly persist in assaulting my eyeballs
Oh how could Keef’s wardrobe have gone so awry-balls? confused smiley
I won’t even mention the fangs on the back
Oh wait – I just did – and they’re totally whack!eye rolling smiley
You’re Satan in satin, a loathsome monstrosity
And Stones fans rebuke you with burning ferocity hot smiley
When Keef wises up and you’re pitched in the fire
I’ll be the one dancing a jig by the pyre smiling bouncing smiley

Note: I strongly advocate death by fire for this thing, as I don't trust latebloomer to dispose of it permanently (which, we all know, is the right and proper thing to do)

Date: July 29, 2014 04:44

Well Plink, I gotta hand it to you, that's a well crafted poem.

But, but...come on...look at that sweet smile on Keith's face. He obviously LOVES that jacket, how could you contemplate tossing it into a fire? Keith, if you're reading this, you better send it to me right away...it's the only way to keep it safe from harm. I'll put it in the box with my daughter's blankey.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 29, 2014 05:08

latebloomer
Well Plink, I gotta hand it to you, that's a well crafted poem.

But, but...come on...look at that sweet smile on Keith's face. He obviously LOVES that jacket, how could you contemplate tossing it into a fire? Keith, if you're reading this, you better send it to me right away...it's the only way to keep it safe from harm. I'll put it in the box with my daughter's blankey.

You've just confirmed what I had suspected - if the jacket lands in your hands, you will protect and coddle it - you will not do the right thing!

Keith, if you're reading this, burn that detestable rag ASAP!!!!!

BTW, I, too, love that smile in the pic, but I am very familiar w/ Keith's repertoire of smiles and I can state unequivocally that he is flashing his "I Love My Dusky Teal Headwrap" smile. COMPLETELY UNRELATED to "the jacket".

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: July 29, 2014 07:16

Where does Keith get his clothes?

That question was answered in an article several years ago, written by, or in an interview with, the person employed by Keith as a "Wardrobe Designer".

This wardrobe designer, whose name escapes me, stated that in order to get Keith to wear something it had to be "left laying around", because of his dislike of new clothes.

So, the answer is that an employee handles Keith's wardrobe.

I might add that Keith himself has stated, that he sometimes wears his wife's clothes. Not dresses or the like, but maybe scarves or whatever.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 29, 2014 15:30

It is for a carnival?

carlito
Specifically, those boots he wears in the Muscle Shoals documentary! I want a pair of those!

The other thing I've been wondering about...been working on trying to replicate some of the Exile era looks...found a tongue patch and a Coke patch, but could never figure out if Keith's wearing a yellow shirt or some kind of light jacket in those Exile era photos...

Anyone have any info?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home