Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Setlist evolution...
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 5, 2014 05:48

As I said in another thread, it is not Gomper which got them here to where we have this list, and which makes us talk about them. What is it? JJF/HTW/BS/TD/MY/SMU/YCAGWYW/SAT/IORR/SFD/MR/GS. These are the songs which propelled the Stones into being cultural icons. These are what 80% of the paying audience comes to hear, because when the Stones do these right, such is of the Holy Grail of Rock and Roll.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2014 06:01

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 5, 2014 10:49

At this stage in their career we shouldn't hope for dramatic changes regarding the setlists and to be honest the bands been playing together for 50+ years so they definitiely know what songs the audience wants to hear. On Metallica's current tour the band asked the audience to vote for the songs they wanted them to play and the results rendered in shows packed with war horses, with the exception of The Frayed Ends of Sanity which hasn't been played in its entirety before it was played recently in Helsinki, thanks to an effort made by a Finnish fans who decided to vote for that particular tune in large numbers.

Nowadys, we should be happy just about the fact that The Rolling Stones are still rolling after all these years and not put to much effort on complaining about what song are being played, although I wouldn't mind if they'd do some changes to the second part of the setlist of course.....lol.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 14:29

To my Dutch people over here... please try to "create" a better setlist with this vote option (it's dutch):

Pinkpop setlist

Date: June 5, 2014 17:42

stonesstein
As I said in another thread, it is not Gomper which got them here to where we have this list, and which makes us talk about them. What is it? JJF/HTW/BS/TD/MY/SMU/YCAGWYW/SAT/IORR/SFD/MR/GS. These are the songs which propelled the Stones into being cultural icons. These are what 80% of the paying audience comes to hear, because when the Stones do these right, such is of the Holy Grail of Rock and Roll.

Exile on Main St. had nothing to do with it of course besides T.D. .

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2014 17:54

I find it odd after all these years that Keith still gets just 2 songs. He should get more than that.

There are plenty of other songs they could play that people would know that would allow them to not do SFTD or Paint It Black. Everyone knows they are going to play Honky Tonk Women, Jumpin', Brown Sugar, Tumbling, Satisfaction, Miss You and Start Me Up.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home