Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GREAT new Stones photo exhibition in Paris!
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2014 22:15

Hi fans,

if you travel to Paris for the upcoming SDF show or if you happen to be in town DON'T miss this photo exhibition which is quite interesting.

Samples are here (as well as some comments by the photographer in French) :
[culturebox.francetvinfo.fr]
[www.galerieblumann.com]

I say "photographer" but in fact Dominique Lamblin was "Rolling Stones Records" boss in France so he got to be really close to them until 75-76. Closer than most photographer from this era. And Lamblin was no slouch behind a camera...

The gallery Blumann is located in the lovely Place des Vosges :
[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-20 22:22 by dcba.

Re: GREAT new Stones photo exhibition in Paris!
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 20, 2014 22:27

Agreed 200 % thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 20, 2014 22:45

thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 20, 2014 22:48

dcba

Who's the guy in the left in the first picture?

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:08

Paris, the place to be smiling smiley
[www.facebook.com]

Vernissage en présence de Dominique Tarlé le jeudi 5 juin à 19h de sa nouvelle exposition "Time is on my Side "

Expo du 6 juin au 2 juillet.

New exhibition by Dominique Tarlé June 6 to July 2
Galerie de l'Instant is close to place des Vosges
thus, it's possible to see both easily

Date: May 21, 2014 00:11

the first one ended May 5th ...

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:16

Awesome photos

Date: May 21, 2014 00:46

djgab
the first one ended May 5th ...

Sorry I wasn't clear but the May 5th date is bogus : the exhibition won't close until after the Paris gig.

So if you're in town, do yourself a favour... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 21, 2014 09:58

Koen
dcba

Who's the guy in the left in the first picture?

"Dominique Lamblin, à gauche sur la photo..."

- swiss

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:04

There are some very intressting photos on Charlie from -74...he looks really thin there....I wonder if he had been visiting Keiths bathrooms-stuff?...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:46

Very cool -- here are my edited translations for photos 1-7.

1."I knew the Rolling Stones at the time," says Dominique Lamblin, left in the photo. He was 19. Decca had commissioned him to take care of this band "young hairy." "In this black and white photo, I'm in a suit and tie but, please note, the shirt is pink and orange, I was the rock'n'roll connection with the group. They already had their first tour of the United States that hadn't gone very well, but their first album kicked off really well. Actually, they were about to explode."

2, "Brian Jones? I loved him. He was an extraordinary musician. He could be a bastard, for sure, but mostly he was just schizophrenic," recalls Dominic. "Don't forget: he was the leader of the group the first two years. Afterwards, he lost control, he fell into dope and excesses," laments this admirer.

3. "This is in Lyon, It was really a special place. It would have been hard to have been any closer to them, I'm on the stage, 2-3 meters of the group."

4."This is Paris, I'm on stage, as an interlocutor for the Stones' business in France. Mick Jagger is who I most saw in the '70s. I don't for them any more, but those with whom I stayed friends are Charlie and Keith. I love Charlie. He's a true gentleman with a good sense of humor; he's really a good guy."

5. Jamming - Montreux
Here the group--having returned to Montreux for the filming of an episode of a German TV show--is relaxed, a bottle of bourbon at hand."The idea was to use the images to make clips intended to illustrate the album "Exile on Main Street. This is a good memory, the atmosphere was friendly, relaxed, Besides Montreux is a city that they love because it is the city of Claude Nobs, legendary founder of the Montreux Jazz Festival, who died foolishly, skiing in January 2013. There were no photographers that day except myself(?), only Ian Stewart apparatus and Anita Pallenberg had a Super 8 camera."

6 Charlie Watts - Montreux May 1972
"In preparation for the [German TV] show they'd rented a theatre in Montreux--the Rialto--which had been turned into a de facto TV studio for the occasion,"says Dominic. "We had moved a few rows of seats, Charlie's battery was installed under the screen, and there's equipment everywhere, piled up amidst these rather kitsch decor.'This is a little story of my life,' Charlie once said.'In 25 years, I worked 5 years and waited 20 years. We're still waiting in this business.' I sent a print of this photo Charlie recently, and he called to thank me."

7 "Stretching"- Montreux May 1972.
This photograph is one of which Dominic Lamblin is most proud. It gives the impression that Keith is singing while he stretches."It should say something like 'It's taking so @#$%& long!' Or 'I'm tired of waiting!' "Like all TV shows, filming Montreux dragged on. First, the light doesn't work, then the sound isn't right, or the guitar is detuned--and they quickly began to get annoyed. In the end, they only had one really good title,"Tumblin Dice," when they could have filmed three or four for promotional purposes."

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 22:43 by swiss.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:59

djgab
Paris, the place to be smiling smiley
[www.facebook.com]

Vernissage en présence de Dominique Tarlé le jeudi 5 juin à 19h de sa nouvelle exposition "Time is on my Side "

Expo du 6 juin au 2 juillet.

New exhibition by Dominique Tarlé June 6 to July 2
Galerie de l'Instant is close to place des Vosges
thus, it's possible to see both easily

[www.expositionphoto.fr]

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 21, 2014 11:24

It should be mentioned, for those who is more than fleetingly interrested in Tarles photos, that Tarle has promised some "new images" at the exhibition this time. His words.
Hopefully its more than the outtake of Keith smoking on deck that emerged last year.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 21, 2014 12:29

Thanks for the info.

Hoping to take a look on my Paris long weekend.

Date: May 21, 2014 18:09

if you're into Facebook here's the gallery's Facebook page :
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 22, 2014 00:17

Some great shots!
I particulaly like the dope pic and the 2 of Charlie. The first/live shot I like even better.It's not often that really good unseen pics from those days come up.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 22, 2014 00:27

grinning smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:23

The Tarlé ones are well worth seeing, and he will probably be there at the opening. The prices are eye-watering however.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 22, 2014 09:37

Thanks for the heads up, dcba!

This will be interesting.

Date: May 23, 2014 11:08

poster of Tarlé's exhibition

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home