Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Anybody else here think that Rolling Stones and rock music in general is childish?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 18, 2014 00:06

<<just tapping his foot like a monkey, like Rolling Stones want us to do>>

If you put bass and drums behind it, give it a guitar break in the middle, you can tap your feet to Bach as well.

Re: Anybody else here think that Rolling Stones and rock music in general is childish?
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 18, 2014 00:39

I can't believe this thread is still going. It's being deliberately provocative by stating the accepted adult opinion of, say, 1963, but I did think we'd evolved a bit since then.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: May 18, 2014 01:18

Hey Erik,the way this board has been lately,someone is bound to report you to the boss,just be prepared for the Email:

"Bjornulf Vik
Hi Your Thread has been reported as offeending by several people".

Anything except glowing threads about The Stones are unaceptable....winking smiley

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: May 18, 2014 01:26

ROPS
Hey Erik,the way this board has been lately,someone is bound to report you to the boss,just be prepared for the Email:

"Bjornulf Vik

Anything except glowing threads about The Stones are unaceptable....winking smiley
hardly offensive....the chaos in the world is offensive...not this...touchy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2014 01:29

......what next knitting alone in the afternoon sun ...????

ROCKMAN

Date: May 18, 2014 01:29

Rollin' Stoner
ROPS

"Bjornulf Vik

hardly offensive....the chaos in the world is offensive...not this...touchy
Agreed....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 18, 2014 01:30

Well, maybe Erik is right? Maybe the music of The Rolling Stones is an atavism throwing us back in time to when we were still climbing trees? Appealing to our lowest instincts. Our reptile brain. Maybe that's it?

Date: May 18, 2014 01:43

ROPS

"Bjornulf Vik

Hey, just for the record and because this followed my post, I've never reported and never would report anyone to anyone, no matter what I think of their posts. I'm just as much at liberty to disagree as they are to post, however. All clear?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 18, 2014 01:57

NO..........it's all for entertainment nothing more .........if you feel it....... either it's R&R The Rolling Stones, Bach, Chopin, Mozart.....Crunch .... Heavy Metal.....as long if you enjoy it...be happy........

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 02:06

Erik, how's the leather chair by the way.thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 18, 2014 02:06

And calling things childish is only for kids....me old friend...............grinning smiley

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: May 18, 2014 02:33

stonehearted
<<just tapping his foot like a monkey, like Rolling Stones want us to do>>

If you put bass and drums behind it, give it a guitar break in the middle, you can tap your feet to Bach as well.

That's a really good song, for some reason, it seems to be kind of like Telstar by the Tornadoes to me. Not sure why I say that except both are instrumentals and perhaps sound ultra-modernish. Just my view.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: May 18, 2014 02:51

As for rock and roll being childish, Beethoven was the originator of heavy metal.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 18, 2014 02:55

Erik_Snow
I must admit that I think the whole rock'n roll scene, Rolling Stones in particular is really childish, and I really don't want to put on one of their albums if I have my girlfriend or any other friends in the same room. It's just so childish music and it's all about sex or drugs, most of it is just a PR stunt, especially what they put out the last 30 years when there's actually no drugs involved in the creating, which is pretty pathetic.
I prefer classical music, which has been made by real musicans; forcing themself to get even more creative as years go by, instead of trying to recreate their past

Not sure about the stones being childish. But maybe spending too much time here it is.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:00

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:10

Whomp bobaloo whomp a whomp bam boom! Roll over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news!I don't care what people say...Rock 'n roll is here to stay.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:11

you crazy mr poster.

Date: May 18, 2014 03:16

Aquamarine
ROPS

"Bjornulf Vik

Hey, just for the record and because this followed my post, I've never reported and never would report anyone to anyone, no matter what I think of their posts. I'm just as much at liberty to disagree as they are to post, however. All clear?
Aquamarine,my post about reporting was in general,for sure not you,the email l quoted was something l did get from BV,at one time.personally l have never reported anyone,if l don't like a thread l just move on to the next one,to me is very childish to go running to BV,to bitch and moan....

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:17

If anyone of any age finds joy in something, it serves a purpose, it embraces happiness. Calling it childish misses a whole lot of livin'…… snap out of it….JJF full volume….you'll be better.

Date: May 18, 2014 03:19

ROPS
Aquamarine
ROPS

"Bjornulf Vik

Aquamarine,my post about reporting was in general,for sure not you,the email l quoted was something l did get from BV,at one time.personally l have never reported anyone,if l don't like a thread l just move on to the next one,to me is very childish to go running to BV,to bitch and moan....

OK then! smileys with beer

Posted by: BIGJAMFAN ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:36

WHO CARES!!!!hot smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 18, 2014 04:04

So what do you make of this:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 18, 2014 06:38

...Erik didn't jump he was pushed .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 18, 2014 07:03

You kids get off of my lawn.

Date: May 18, 2014 07:13

So what do you make of this:..... Gimmie Hooker's Mad Man Blues anyday ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 09:52

Erick, if I didn't know you were one of the "serious" posters here, I would say the original post is the most pretentious post of the year. You are ashamed to put your favourite music when other people are around? It means you are ashamed of the music you like? It means you believe those others know better than you? Do they have better taste? Are you sure? Do you really want to be around people you have to hide the things you like from?

First - there is absolutely nothing wrong in staying a bit childish (to a degree). To keep the imagination, honesty, a bit of the way kids look at the world. Most grown up people become pretentious dishonest gits in order to look mature, laughing at childish things like honesty and such. Having a fast car, the latest i Phone and tablet (in my opinion the most useless thing in the last couple of decades) being the mesurement of who is who.

In the last couple of years I have been really sick of how it usually turns out when we get together with my old highschool friends who we were really close once upon a time and the first thing a lot of them would do would be to put their phones on a table to start a discussion what features which one has (and most importantly how much it was, of course). During the discussion it is usually important to discreetly push ones watch under the nose of others... I personally am not ashamed of my 6 years old cell phone, which I can make calls from, since I don't need anything else from it. I am not ashamed that when I got a tablet as a Christmas present, I returned it, since after playing with it for one day I found absolutely no use for it. With all that, I consider myself more successfull than many of my "friends" with i Phones and tablets...And I am also not ashamed of the music I like. In the "circles" where I move (or I am supposed to move) it is a kind of code to listen to jazz. I admit that it doesn't appeal to me, so I don't go to jazz clubs like tons of idiots who don't know a thing about music and don't care one bit, only need to be able to say how much they enjoy it. By the way, do you think that Charlie, as a serious jazz enthusiast is ashamed of being a Rolling Stones' drummer?

When the rock music started, it was a generation thing and it was adopted by teenagers as a means of their revolution. But during the decades it produced a lot of great music by really tallented musicians, The Stones included.

And since you mentioned Chopin - the music he did was modern when he wrote it. I seriously doubt he (or Mozart, Bach...) would compose the same music if he lived today. Maybe he would play guitar in a rock band. Or he would participate in the ABCC&D of Boogie Woogie. Who knows.

Edit - strange, if I write i Phone as one word, in the post it shows "@#$%&". So it is an F word after all! Nice! I don't understand it, but I like it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-18 10:13 by Happy24.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: May 18, 2014 11:54

Rock and Roll started as a dance music.

It's sometimes hard to dance to Bach.

btw Keith is a big fan of Classical.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 18, 2014 12:19

Childish...

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 18, 2014 12:40

Erik_Snow
I really get a lot more involved in my Chopin records than in my records of Rolling Stones.

I wonder how much time you spend on the Chopin forum then...

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: May 18, 2014 12:56

It's got a good backbeat and easy to dance to.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home