Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What do you think about Audio Bluray LetitBleed ?
Posted by: stalemate97 ()
Date: May 9, 2014 09:12

Hello,

Universal release on 28 Feb 2014 an audio BluRay of Let It Bleed. Do you have more informations about it ? is it worth to buy it ?

[store.universalmusic.com]

Thanks for you advices

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-09 09:16 by stalemate97.

Re: What do you think about Audio Bluray LetitBleed ?
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 9, 2014 09:51

Well, I have the Exile Bluray and play it LOUD, i would get Let it Bleed too

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 9, 2014 15:25

Two earlier Threads: [www.iorr.org] , [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 9, 2014 15:45

It's the same remaster as the SACD - ie the Bob Ludwig 2002 remaster.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 9, 2014 15:54

I have both and, in my humble, they are definitely worth getting, especially Let It Bleed. Certain things stand out - Charlie's high hat in "Rambler" for example, the speakers rattling on the Exile stuff, picks hitting the strings on acoustic songs. For me, it was like hearing some songs for the first time.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 9, 2014 17:30

I bought it while in Hong Kong pre Macau show. I think it sounds great. I have a decent surround sound set up, and it really sounds great from the first notes of GS to the final. Yes - get it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 9, 2014 17:34

DEmerson
it really sounds great from the first notes of GS

I envy you! Listening to the 1st few notes of GS and that ominious crescendo in HD... eye popping smiley

Date: May 9, 2014 17:52

DEmerson
I bought it while in Hong Kong pre Macau show. I think it sounds great. I have a decent surround sound set up, and it really sounds great from the first notes of GS to the final. Yes - get it.

Are these Blu-ray Audio releases in surround sound or stereo ??

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 9, 2014 18:43

That would have to be stereo since the the only real/official Stones 5.1 mix available is "Sympathy For The Devil", the last track on the SFTD "Sample" SACD : [www.sa-cd.net] - at the same time as the 2002 SACDs I believe.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 10, 2014 02:06

Why aren't these products widely available? You can't buy them in the States at all.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 10, 2014 06:59

gotdablouse
That would have to be stereo since the the only real/official Stones 5.1 mix available is "Sympathy For The Devil", the last track on the SFTD "Sample" SACD : [www.sa-cd.net] - at the same time as the 2002 SACDs I believe.

If in the event of a fire, or flood, I think that if I had to save just one piece of music from my collection the SA-CD 5.1 Surround Sound version of SFTD would be that piece of music! It's amazing.

So, until this mix is released on Audio BluRay (I guess there's no techincal impediment) I'm presumably doomed to have to buy SA-CD players just to be able to access this track.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:56

Here's an interesting review of Let It Bleed Blu-ray Audio, including a comparison with previous editions on SACD : [www.dvdbeaver.com]

Review conclusion : "It won’t get better than this and the SHM-SACD for a digital release. You can get a sound that is, for all intents and purposes, as good as the Japanese SHM-SACD for ½ the price and get a digital download as well. If you are a purist, you will want the SHM-SACD since it IS the DSD used for the remastering in 2002. In theory, it should be the best. It should also, in theory, be better than vinyl releases based on that 2002 DSD remaster, unless you like the way vinyl or your particular cartridge/phonostage setup color the sound. Yes, I said that. I love vinyl, but if you think about it logically for a second, if the remaster is digital DSD, how can the vinyl be better without ‘adding’ something to the purity of the music?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 01:58 by kowalski.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home