Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Billy Preston
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:33

Still tucks his shirt in though.....

Posted by: Eilert ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:38

Yeah so what? Maybe he wants to look good to the choir girls? I know I would stand there and drool when they strut around in their tight dresses.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:40

They had two "choir girls" in 89/90. Since 94 only Lisa.

Posted by: Eilert ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:44

Ok but 1 or 2, doesn't really matter. STill some nice asses moving around the scene.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 27, 2005 13:54

Yeah but Mick's is the nicest.

Posted by: Berlin ()
Date: May 27, 2005 14:34

Saw him last year with the legendary FUNK BROTHERS (the STAX-houseband). He was in great shape and real funky. It was graet fun to watch him.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 27, 2005 15:32

Preston was given two solo songs on the 1975 and 1976 tour for contractual reasons; Billy demanded much more money from the Stones then they wanted to give them, and a settlement was made by giving Preston the spot for two songs. This was also the reason that Love You Live wasn't released until 1977: Billy demanded much of the credits and a lot of money. They had to make agreaments before the album was released. This is also one of the reasons he was sacked in 1977.

I saw Preston do one song at the Ray Charles benefit show, and it truly was the best performance of the evening. All other artist were licking Ray's dead ass, and the show was doused in this horrible American sentimental bullshit. Preston just did what he does best, and that was just playing an encredible song.

Mathijs

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 27, 2005 17:50

Nothing "wrong" with the fagdance Marianna. IMO it was just not the good kind of bad. It is strictly kust my opinion. I love campy pink shtick. When I see Jagger and Billy do it it looked off because Billy was the wrong partner. Jagger was hot. But Billy was not. With the Afro he was a little hot, but not enough to get Jagger steamy IMO.
But I did not know that about his health issues. That is terribly sad. You mean on top of all that he went to jail too? Awful. Why did the bitcha sue him?
Mathijs, how can you speak like that about Ray Charles? Don't you know he was blind? winking smiley

Date: May 27, 2005 21:33

The show not Ray.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 27, 2005 21:40

Sentimental sh*t is recognized by many people where is appears.
What does CharlesĀ“ blindness have to do with that?

I was at a memorial & buried a rough guy, 71, today.
He was a stubborn bastard, yet Big-Hearted & Good, was the 'judgement'.

Too much sugar on the breakfast flakes over in US at times, isnt it?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 27, 2005 22:23

Didn't Billy get into trouble about obscene phone calls? Maybe Mick was a bad influence after all!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 27, 2005 22:25

Sugar of the Cornflakes? I like it. Yes....in the US, people freak out when someone like Ray Charles dies even though they can only name one song by that person and have never owned any of their music.

"yes...such a tragedy, a true loss................what did he sing? or was he in the movies?"

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 27, 2005 22:30

The version of Leon's debut issued on DCC label about 10 years ago has an early "Shine A Light" as a bonus cut, sung by Mick...& yup thats Bill & Charlie on Roll Away the Stone

Date: May 28, 2005 00:15

[www.vh1.com]

About Billy! Didnt know he wrote You are so beautiful...Or about the grammy for Outta space. Or the No1. hit.

Date: May 28, 2005 00:16

[www.vh1.com]
Fraud??

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home