Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Coldplay dedicates song to Mick Jagger
Posted by: onestep ()
Date: May 6, 2014 15:24

Somewhat touching, we all care about Mick, he has given us, the audience, so much in such a classic way. We all support Mick Jagger, and give him as much as he has given us..........and that is love brotha, that's love.

Coldplay dedicates song to Mick Jagger

Re: Coldplay dedicates song to Mick Jagger
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 6, 2014 17:01

Didn't they do a song about MJ a few years back? Something like "Dance Like Jagger" The video had footage from L&G amongst other sources

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 6, 2014 17:21

Cafaro
Didn't they do a song about MJ a few years back? Something like "Dance Like Jagger" The video had footage from L&G amongst other sources

That was Maroon 5 who actually had a single called "Moves Like Jagger". At least I imagine that's what you're thinking of.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 6, 2014 17:24

Although I don´t really like Coldplay and their songs, that´s a nice action from the band.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 7, 2014 02:15

I'm not a fan of Coldplay but that was a very nice gesture.

Date: May 7, 2014 02:40

I must say, Coldplay live can indeed take me somewhere else, they play loud, and are a great live band. THAT being said, I agree, the gesture was so touching I thought I would pass it along....and share the sentiment.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 7, 2014 02:45

onestep
I must say, Coldplay live can indeed take me somewhere else, they play loud, and are a great live band. THAT being said, I agree, the gesture was so touching I thought I would pass it along....and share the sentiment.

...then they must play all their worst stuff on Palladia, SNL, VH1 & MTV because as much as I try to like them, I find them ultra boring.

Date: May 7, 2014 03:00

You left out The Grammys.... winking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 7, 2014 03:20

An interviewer once asked Mick what he was listening to and he said, "Coldplay." Shortly before Paul McCartney referred to Coldplay's song YELLOW. Those two comments made me check them out. Initially I thought they were too bland, but they've grown on me and I've bought a few of their songs.

Date: May 7, 2014 04:56

here is a video of it [www.youtube.com]

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 7, 2014 04:58

Very nice gesture, whether you're into Coldplay or not. Mick is gonna get so much love when he gets back on stage.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 7, 2014 05:08

Title5Take1
An interviewer once asked Mick what he was listening to and he said, "Coldplay." Shortly before Paul McCartney referred to Coldplay's song YELLOW. Those two comments made me check them out. Initially I thought they were too bland, but they've grown on me and I've bought a few of their songs.

I love them. I know they're an aquired taste for some, but so many of their songs have an ethereal, other-worldly, hypnotic quality about them. I can be in a grocery store and Ill hear Clocks and it takes me somewhere else. And they're melodies, instrumentation are gorgeous.
This was a very nice gesture to Mick on thier part and Fix You is a perfect tribute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-07 05:09 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 7, 2014 08:46

thumbs up

Date: May 7, 2014 14:22

I agree totally!

stupidguy2

Title5Take1

I love them. I know they're an aquired taste for some, but so many of their songs have an ethereal, other-worldly, hypnotic quality about them. I can be in a grocery store and Ill hear Clocks and it takes me somewhere else. And they're melodies, instrumentation are gorgeous.
This was a very nice gesture to Mick on thier part and Fix You is a perfect tribute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-07 14:23 by onestep.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 7, 2014 20:56

All I can hear in these kind of bands is a U2-ization of music.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:13

Anna Wintour will be on LATE NIGHT tonight. I wonder if she'll mention the memorial.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:18

Have to confess I've barely listened to them, other than what I've run into on the radio occasionally. I don't have much interest in them, maybe that's not fair, but there it is...

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:40

i do think there songs are bullshit but this was very nice off them

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:49

I think it's private matter and we can't discuss it. I demand to close this thread as it has Mick Jagger name in it's title and this violates IORR's rules

Posted by: thosewildhorses ()
Date: May 13, 2014 11:15

I DO like Coldplay & twas a noble gesture to dedicate song to Sir Mick. I remember in 2008-9 they ha a monster hit playing all over LA and in New York City, the old-time rock stations were opening their Sun. afternoon setlists with Vida Vida la Vida AND the dance stations were opening their Sat. nite sets with the same tune........and that's sayin' sumthin'! I became acquainted with their music that summer. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: May 13, 2014 11:54

Yuck.

Posted by: thosewildhorses ()
Date: May 15, 2014 09:01

...but that was when I ruled the world...>grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home