Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CBII: OT: Back To the Future, or My Intro to Chuck Berry
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 2, 2014 06:50

I've always wondered what Chuck Berry thought about "Back to the Future".

I was 8.

My intro to Rock'n'Roll.

Re: CBII: OT: Back To the Future, or My Intro to Chuck Berry
Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: May 2, 2014 11:00

So young white-boy Michael J Fox invented the Chuck Berry sound ... oh dear issues issues issues!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 2, 2014 11:37

rumple21
So young white-boy Michael J Fox invented the Chuck Berry sound ... oh dear issues issues issues!

That's a bit unfair. The whole scene in the movie is tongue in cheek and in no way detracts any credit from Chuck Berry's.

Fox no more "invents" the Chuck Berry sound than The Rolling Stones (or The Beatles) did when they covered the songs.

Every time I see that bit I think that Chuck must love it. Two reasons.... One that he's credited with the "sound" and two that he obviously must love the royalty cheque he gets!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: May 2, 2014 11:47

Fair point ,,, tongue in cheek indeed. The royalty cheque was no doubt pretty tasty.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 2, 2014 12:28

rumple21

well. Still no newly legislated laws regaeding time travel and rights, but what the movie suggests is that white boy driving a Delorian took the CB sound and sold it to the white audience.

BTW-he also stole-if I recall- the Townshend windmill and sky diving typicalto his late 70s WGFA live versions... now stealing from black musicians was the norm, but steling from PT?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 2, 2014 13:00

rather coincidental I ordered the trilogy on blu ray yesterday!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 2, 2014 13:17

Wroclaw

BTW-he also stole-if I recall- the Townshend windmill and sky diving typicalto his late 70s WGFA live versions... now stealing from black musicians was the norm, but steling from PT?

Check your history!

Pete admits that he stole his windmill from Keith Richards. Early on The Who were supporting The Stones, and Pete saw Keith do a windmill backstage to loosen up his shoulder. And he (Pete) stole it.

Dimly recall that it was a gig in Putney (London).

So who's stealing from who?

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 2, 2014 13:38

CaptainCorella
Wroclaw

Check your history!

Pete admits that he stole his windmill from Keith Richards. Early on The Who were supporting The Stones, and Pete saw Keith do a windmill backstage to loosen up his shoulder. And he (Pete) stole it.

Dimly recall that it was a gig in Putney (London).

So who's stealing from who?

Well I was just kiddin but if to get a bit more serious I recall reading that KR said he do not remember doing "windmills"+ What ever it WAS-PT allegedly copied a KR backstage practice and "developed " it into the 1969+ windmills we know. Nothing is really invented 100% by anyone and I'm sure Newton did not invent apple trees and apples. Also-now I recall he ( Marty) also kicked the amps... guess the writer was a The Who fan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home