Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: She Smiled Sweetly
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 21, 2015 04:37

to me its classic 60's british pop. Gotta love it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 17, 2018 16:51

“I remember the sessions for Aftermath where ‘I Am Waiting’ sprang from. There’s incredible clarity to what they were doing. It was like a linear thing. Filmic. They were vivid, and the key to that vividness was Brian Jones. The organ on “She Smiled Sweetly” by Brian is just amazing. I like ‘She Smiled Sweetly’ more than ‘Lady Jane’ and ‘Ruby Tuesday.’ ‘Sweetly’ was boy/girl, living on the same floor. Whereas, both those other songs have a ‘To The Manner Born’ quality to them. Trying to write and evoke. And Mick’s vocals…Remember: He’s an actor. He can’t sing. He acts the words. There you go. Between The Buttons and Aftermath, without a doubt quite a few harried moments. And we did it in Hollywood at RCA." - ALO.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 17, 2018 17:25

Keith is attributed to organ. Brian Jones doesn't seem to contribute to this gem...

Date: July 17, 2018 18:21

Maindefender
Keith is attributed to organ. Brian Jones doesn't seem to contribute to this gem...

Only because of Keith's comment. Nonsense that he played everything he claims on this... bass, guitar, piano and organ. The bass is clearly him playing though. winking smiley

Mick contradicts him regarding the piano (he say's it was Jack) and ALO the organ (he say's it was Brian).

ALO has consistently said since 70's that Brian played organ on it.

Neither are really fans of Brian, but one of them has a history of not crediting Brian for things he did. winking smiley

Brian played organ for the song when they unexpectantly had to play live in February 1967 on the Eamonn Andrews Show.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-17 18:33 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 17, 2018 19:48

His Majesty
Maindefender

Only because of Keith's comment. Nonsense that he played everything he claims on this... bass, guitar, piano and organ. The bass is clearly him playing though. winking smiley

Mick contradicts him regarding the piano (he say's it was Jack) and ALO the organ (he say's it was Brian).

ALO has consistently said since 70's that Brian played organ on it.

Neither are really fans of Brian, but one of them has a history of not crediting Brian for things he did. winking smiley

Brian played organ for the song when they unexpectantly had to play live in February 1967 on the Eamonn Andrews Show.

In an interview with the NME in 1967 Mick says that Jack Nitzsche plays piano.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: July 17, 2018 20:30

What seems likely to me is that they cut it 'live' in the studio with Brian on organ, Jack on piano, Keith on bass and Charlie on drums.

Date: July 17, 2018 20:52

Interesting that they decided not to use a guitar on this track

Date: July 18, 2018 00:45

TheflyingDutchman
Interesting that they decided not to use a guitar on this track

Keith played guitar when they played it live in feb 67.

I wonder if guitar parts were recorded for the studio version, but not used.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home