Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Don McLean's American Pie
Posted by: King Saint ()
Date: May 24, 2005 15:19

Does anybody know if the any member of the Stones have commented on Don McLeans's "American Pie" or their possible role in the Helter Skelter Conspiracy as detailed on www.elvis-conspiracy.com?

Were the Stones a part of the Helter Skelter Conspiracy?

Re: Don McLean's American Pie
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 24, 2005 16:04

Rule number one with conspiracies is that they are not true. Else, it is not a conspiracy but fact.

Mathijs

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:02

All conspiracies involving the U.S. governement are true.

Date: May 24, 2005 17:21

stickyfingers101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All conspiracies involving the U.S. governement
> are true.

But that of course, is rule No. 2 !

Rule No. 3 is that conspiracies involving the U.S. government that are not true, are true anyway.

Did you know by the way that Elvis was Jezus Christ in reality? Instead of fish and wine he only ate peanutbutter sandwiches and burgers, so he got fat. Nobody recognised him therefore.

Mathijs

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:28

Annnndd did you know that ELVIS has the same amount of letters in his name as JESUS!!! Praise be...

Date: May 24, 2005 17:52

And did you know that both were 26 years old of age at a certain point in their lives?

Man, that can't be a coincidence...

Mathijs

Date: May 24, 2005 18:01

AND at one point both had a beard! Ever watched Charro? Now do you reckon his lordship might have liked peanut butter.....

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 24, 2005 18:38

Speaking of 'American Pie' it is one of my least favorite songs of all time and my sphincter tightens whenver I hear it. Yuck! Anyway, just what is the Stones connection?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 24, 2005 19:43

The lyrics of American Pie chronicle the history of Rock and Roll.

Listen for the Woodstock reference:

"And then we were all in one place, a generation lost in space."
(the moon landing had taken place a month before Woodstock.)

Then there is a whole thing about the Stones '69 "combacK" tour culminating at Altamont:

"So come one Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candlestick, cause fire is the devil's only friend. And as I watched him on the stage, my hands were clenched in fisted rage, no angle born in hell could break that satan's spell. And as the flames climbed high into the night to light the sacrificial right, I saw satan laughing with delight, the day the music died."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-24 19:45 by tatters.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: May 24, 2005 19:49

Well, maybe there are two oblique references to the Stones in American Pie (see below). Google "American Pie" and "lyric" for the complete song.

Now for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rollin stone
But that's not how it used to be,
When the jester sang for the king and queen
In a coat he borrowed from James Dean
And a voice that came from you and me.

Oh and there we were all in one place,
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again.
So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick.
Jack Flash sat on a candle stick
Because fire is the devils only friend.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 24, 2005 19:53

Does the jester represent Dylan? The references to the Sargents are obvious.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 24, 2005 20:12

I simply hated that song when it was released and I still find it nauseating. Cutesy rock along the same lines as Elton John. No guts

Date: May 25, 2005 14:01

It's about @#$%& a pie innit?

Mathijs

Date: May 25, 2005 14:03

LOL ya monkey....

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 25, 2005 14:18

Terrible song...written for the Woody Allen lovers of this world.

Date: May 25, 2005 14:42

Since it is rather common knowledge that "American Pie" refers to the Stones, and in a rather negative light (to say the least), I am hoping to get information as to whether any of the Stones has commented on the song. I am also trying to get information about the Beatles, since they too are negatively referenced in the song. Any thoughts from Stones fans as to why the Stones and the Beatles would be described as the death of music? I have my own ideas but I'm interested in the opinion of other interested parties.

Were the Stones a part of the Helter Skelter Conspiracy?

Date: May 25, 2005 15:34

It's about the death of Buddy Holly (the day the music died), sort of a metaphor for the end of innocence.

Date: May 25, 2005 15:39

What kind of question is this?
Is someone really supposed to come out and say "Yes sure, I know for a fact they hated Sharon Tate with a passion.." What IS the Helter Skelter Conspiracy (CAPITALIZED!) for that matter?
The Stones are a @#$%& Rockband who play Rockmusic like no one else.
Then some idiot metaphorical pseudo intellectual college grad wote a folky too long song with a bunch of teenage angst nonsensical refernces to the day the music died. (Which was supposed to refer to the day Buddy Holly perished, no?) So he had a line about the jester etc. Did he metion that Paul is dead too?

Date: May 25, 2005 16:27

Chelsea, did you have too much caffeine this morning? Please don't listen to the White Album!! No telling what might happen!! LOL

Date: May 25, 2005 16:36

Sorry Elmo. Just trying to keep the conversation lively, d'junno...LOL

Date: May 25, 2005 16:44

CD, keep rockin'!

Date: May 26, 2005 05:38

I do find it interesting that the Stones came out with Their Satanic Majesties Request after Sgt. Peppers (whose cover itself referenced the Rolling Stones, but with no Elvis or Jesus, but with Aleister Crowley). Does any Stones fan know if the Stones purposely copied/were inspired by Sgt. Peppers? www.elvis-conspiracy.com

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 26, 2005 13:02

In for a laugh? Check that site, the elvis-conspiracy.com
Here's a quotation.

Elvis had met with President Richard Nixon in order to infiltrate the FBI. Elvis wanted to wage a war on drugs, not only because drugs were morally corrupting America's youth, but also because he discovered an FBI plot to keep blacks down by getting them addicted to drugs. The plot, known as operation "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", involved the Beatles. Elvis also believed that the FBI was responsible for the assassinations of John and Robert Kennedy and tried to uncover the plots. However, Elvis died before his efforts came to fruition. God saw that he needed some rest and called him home to be with him. Ironically, Elvis was addicted to prescription drugs. Not coincidentally, he was in Germany when his drug addiction took root.

Right! But how do Christiane F. and Rammstein fit in?

Date: May 26, 2005 13:57

Apperently the FBI agreed with Elvis that he first tried out all the drugs he could get his hands on, as he wanted to know what exactly he was fighting. Since when is speed, cocaine, LSD and uppers&downers "prescription" drugs? I want a prescription too!

Mathijs

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 26, 2005 14:44

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AND at one point both had a beard! Ever watched
> Charro? Now do you reckon his lordship might have
> liked peanut butter.....

yes, and Elvis was 33 when he made 'Charro' - same age as Jesus was when he died

cue "twilight zone" theme....

Date: May 26, 2005 22:00

Do any Stones fans know if it is true that the Stones played "Sympathy for the Devil" at Altamont in which Jagger dressed up or otherwised claimed to be the devil? I understand it is pure legend that the song they were playing when Hell's Angels killed someone was "Sympathy for the Devil". Also, I find it oddly coincidental that "Beggar's Banquet" was released ten days after the Beatles' White album. www.elvis-conspiracy.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2005 22:06

Mick wasn't dressed up like the devil nor did he claim to be. I think it happened after that song.

Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: May 26, 2005 22:13

Are the Stones conspiring to take over the world!?
IS MICK JAGGER SATAN??

Find out at www.stonestakeoverworldconspiracy.com

Date: May 26, 2005 22:24

"Under My Thumb" was playing when Mr. Hunter met his unfortunate demise.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: May 27, 2005 07:25

"Apperently the FBI agreed with Elvis that he first tried out all the drugs he could get his hands on, as he wanted to know what exactly he was fighting. Since when is speed, cocaine, LSD and uppers&downers "prescription" drugs? I want a prescription too!

Mathijs"

hahahaha.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home