Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ellen ten Damme & Bill Wyman impromptu Si Si Je Suis
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 16, 2014 02:02

wtf? I don't get it and I want to, especially seeing how it amused and delighted some of the folks I respect here on IORR. Was that one of Bill's solo tunes? peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 16, 2014 02:23

....oh dear naturalust ....you really should get out more Haaahaaaa .....piece of peace

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 16, 2014 03:09

Naturalust
wtf? I don't get it and I want to, especially seeing how it amused and delighted some of the folks I respect here on IORR. Was that one of Bill's solo tunes? peace

[www.youtube.com]

That's the main video. There's also quite a nice video (sorry, couldn't find a link) of him doing it on TOTP.

"(Si, Si) Je Suis Un Rock Star" was a single Bill released in 1981, having first offered it to a Great English rocker called Ian Dury. Bill's version rocketed up the UK charts to No 14and was something of a hit around Europe. See page 466 of "Rolling With The Stones"

I've always thought of it as a very English ditty - the lyrics are almost directly linked to the Music Halls of the first half of last Century. The music is simple (simplistic) disco stuff. But catchy.

I've also always thought that it must really piss Jagger off that (to date) Bill has had the highest solo placing in the UK singles charts out of all of the band members.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 16, 2014 03:11

Rockman
....oh dear naturalust ....you really should get out more Haaahaaaa .....piece of peace

No doubt about that bro.....now are ya gonna clue me in? peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 16, 2014 03:15

Hey ho Naturalust .... the good Captain's got it covered ....piece of peace

ROCKMAN

Date: November 16, 2014 05:27

Got it! Much thanks Cap't. Not sure what was more amusing the Ellen spoof or Bill's music video. But, I DO know why I missed it the first time around- I ran the other way when music like this hit my ears. Strangely it's easier to listen to these days, entertaining in a Spinal Tap sort of way.

peace

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 16, 2014 07:12

Naturalust
Got it! Much thanks Cap't. Not sure what was more amusing the Ellen spoof or Bill's music video. But, I DO know why I missed it the first time around- I ran the other way when music like this hit my ears. Strangely it's easier to listen to these days, entertaining in a Spinal Tap sort of way.

Surprisingly often humour is not international (nor does it always translate). Things that are hilarious to a Brit, may not even crack a smile on an American. And vice versa.

The lyrics (and the video) are VERY tongue in cheek. Bill is laughing at himself in it, and lyrics shouldn't be taken in the least bit seriously (other than the fact that they result in a nice little song).

"We can catch the 'overcraft"

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: Bill Wyman European Tour fall 2014
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 18, 2014 18:50

At the end of a great StonesĀ“ year...

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 20, 2014 05:14

Band is sounding great as usual. Here is a decent recording of Monday's Hamburg show:

[ia801407.us.archive.org]

BILL WYMAN - bass, vocals
ALBERT LEE - guitars,vocals
TERRY TAYLOR - guitars, vocals
BEVERLY SKEETE - vocals, percussion
HENRY SPINETTI - drums
GERAINT WATKINS - piano, vocals
FRANK MEAD - sax, flute, harmonica,vocals
NICK PAYN - saxophone,vocals

Special Guest:
*** MARY WILSON - vocals

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:19

My fave lineup with The Rhythm Kings with Mary Wilson and Albert Lee. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:58

Is it true that Bill does not sign any Stones albums? I heard he's a nice bloke but apparently don't like being asked for autographs on RS records...

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 14:40

wickerman
Is it true that Bill does not sign any Stones albums? I heard he's a nice bloke but apparently don't like being asked for autographs on RS records...

Met him twice over the years, each time he was very nice and had a laugh but wouldn't sign stones stuff. Easy way to get around it though, get a picture of him on his own during the Stones years.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home