Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith interview 1986
Posted by: big4 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 21:01

I've never seen this but it's an interesting short interview where Keith talks about his past addiciton, touring, the "violence" of Stones lyrics-LOL, and Mick's decision not to tour behind Dirty Work:

Re: Keith interview 1986
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 22:56

Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen it before. The "adrenaline rush" of performing he mentions reminds me of Bill German's comment in his book of being right behind Mick near the stage and Bill got a blast of the audience's energy directed at Mick and it was so intense Bill could understand how rock stars developed big egos.

I'm looking forward to a Stones song titled Embroidery.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: April 15, 2014 23:13

He's still on something here, likely opiates....c'mon keef, ya can't fool everybody

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 16, 2014 01:12

Thanx for posting..

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 01:21

A fun game is to go on YouTube and find clips of notoriously dissolute rockers who are nonetheless sober in the clip and see posters superimpose highness on the sober rocker. I've seen an utterly sober Jim Morrison said to be "totally stoned here!!" Garbage.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 16, 2014 02:32

I agree, T5T 1. On the contrary, I think this is a very sober interview. Keith appears very humble and honest. Even though his constant neck scratching signals that he's not at ease with the situation.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 16, 2014 03:12

Yeah, I'd say totally sober, that's just how Keith talks.

Title5Take1
Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen it before. The "adrenaline rush" of performing he mentions reminds me of Bill German's comment in his book of being right behind Mick near the stage and Bill got a blast of the audience's energy directed at Mick and it was so intense Bill could understand how rock stars developed big egos.

I'm looking forward to a Stones song titled Embroidery.

The adrenaline part also reminds me of what John Bonham always said, about having the same problem coming down when the show or the tour was over. Shows how lucky we are Keith didn't meet the same sad end.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 06:40

Unless you have specific information about Keith's tics and scratches related to opiate usage in this interiew I would steer clear of such insinuation and observation. He seems very lucid and insightful.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 16, 2014 13:00

i agree with you guys, he's notoriously shy and uncomfortable - even to this day - and in this interview he is exhibiting classic signs of someone who is uncomfortable.

however, long time alcoholics and junkies are true masters of disguising their addictions. i've had friends who would drink a bottle and a half of vodka on their own and work a full shift at work without anyone suspecting. by this point in keith's life, it's doubtful anyone could tell whether or not he was using, and what it was.

based on my experience with addicts i'd guess that keith appearing at ease in an interview would be more of a tell than him fidgeting and scratching himself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-16 13:01 by sonomastone.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: April 16, 2014 14:47

flashhh
He's still on something here, likely opiates....c'mon keef, ya can't fool everybody

It appears he's fooled many here.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home