Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117Next
Current Page: 115 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 12, 2024 17:35

Topi
bobo
frankotero
Jeez, do you people realize there's only 2 original Stones left in the line up. For crying out loud it's 50-60 years on, what do you expect?

Yes, but Jagger can still sing. That is rather importent.

Now that's a thought...have Mick stand in for Brian!

Indeed, though halfway through Back In Black I think we'd have a problem.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 12, 2024 18:55

bobo
frankotero
Jeez, do you people realize there's only 2 original Stones left in the line up. For crying out loud it's 50-60 years on, what do you expect?

Yes, but Jagger can still sing. That is rather importent.

Brian turns 77 in October.
OK, yes, I want Jagger singing Back In Black, Thunderstruck and For Those About To Rock, I think we're in for a good laugh.
And without the Stones system with 2 backing singers doubling his voice.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: vlaci66 ()
Date: February 12, 2024 21:18

This is AC/DC "German Tour" ...11 Show in Germany, 2 Show in Austria, 1 Show in Switzerland

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 12, 2024 21:21

'Only' 9 shows in Germany - [iorr.org] .

Edit: The second dates in Germany for Dresden (Jun, 19) & Hannover (Aug, 4) were added on 16-Feb-2024 during the ticket sale on [www.Eventim.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-16 14:10 by Irix.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 12, 2024 21:39

Irix
'Only' 9 shows in Germany - [iorr.org] .

I think the rumoured shows in Dresden and Hannover will be announced If they're selling good. All other dates from the rumour list are matching

Date: February 12, 2024 21:50

hockenheim95

I think the rumoured shows in Dresden and Hannover will be announced If they're selling good.

Probably - but it could be difficult with the new lineup.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 12, 2024 22:01

Topi
Easy pass! I'm not travelling to see these guys. The 2008 and 2009 Black Ice shows will remain the only times I saw them live, glad I did.

For those going, I salute you for sure.

Hoping for North American dates in the fall. I'll definitely go if/when they announce a BC Place show. Seen them in 83/88/91/91/91/96/03/08/15 in Vancouver. I'm pretty sure this will be their last tour and at this point, I'm hoping Brian's voice can hold out. Wonder if they would consider playing in a lower key?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 12, 2024 23:03

Irix
hockenheim95

I think the rumoured shows in Dresden and Hannover will be announced If they're selling good.

Probably - but it could be difficult with the new lineup.

I guess some 40% of the concert goers won't realize that the line-up has changed until the band comes on stage (another 40% won't have realized it by the time the band was left the stage)

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 13, 2024 08:41

I'm stunned there is no Scotland date. My only guess is that if all goes well with this tour (and North America, Australia etc) then they may be back for Scotland and Scandinavia in 2025.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 13, 2024 12:31

Playing Paris by mid-August...
Fu**ing Olympics

Marseille or Nice would have been a better option IMHO

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: February 13, 2024 12:36

petewasbristol
I'm stunned there is no Scotland date. My only guess is that if all goes well with this tour (and North America, Australia etc) then they may be back for Scotland and Scandinavia in 2025.

the simple reason is: Scotland is not a part of Germanygrinning smiley

Date: February 13, 2024 12:36

Doc
Fu**ing Olympics

the Olympics end two days before the ACDC show…

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 13, 2024 12:57

Brian's voice is absolutely shot. I'm in two minds about seeing them as I don't want my memory of them to be tarnished by his failed voice.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 13, 2024 13:06

slewan
Doc
Fu**ing Olympics

I know but the people from Paris will probably still be away. The city usually is empty in that period.

Date: February 13, 2024 13:21

Doc
slewan
Doc
Fu**ing Olympics

I know but the people from Paris will probably still be away. The city usually is empty in that period.

well, their problem…
(there will be enough tourists to buy tickets)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 13:22 by slewan.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 14, 2024 06:26

VoodooLounge13
There are many bands with just a couple original members still - The Stones, The Who, AC/DC previously, hell even Metallica only has two original members!!! The difference is some of these bands have been carrying on with the same replacements for decades now. So long so that it’s become almost acceptable. This new incarnation of AC/DC is above and beyond that. It’s not much different from Skynyrd these days. Still a good show but the most expensive tribute band you’ll ever see.

Oh you're way off in comparing AC/DC to Skynryrd.

Date: February 14, 2024 06:46

TumblinDice76
Metallica only having 2 is a stretch. I mean t9 be fair Kirk has played on every studio album. Not calling Kirk an original is like not counting Bill and Charlie original members. That said, it all comes down to what you are willing to pay for. AC/DC is a pass for me without Phil or Cliff. But I don't think they will have any problems selling out stadiums world wide without them. I thought The Who without John Entwhistle was a major drop off in 2002 compared to seeing them with John in 2000. But again. It all comes down to what people are willing to pay to see.

The Cult haven't had any steady core member since 2006 with John Tempesta on drums - the longest tenure of any hired hand, like Mike Dimkich, or Matt Sorum, since 1999. Jamie Stewart, the original bass player, quit in 1990. The original drummer got fired in 1985 because of his drug issues and he died from drugs in 1992.

They're still killing it. Original members do not dictate quality, listeners do. Which is hilarious since The Rolling Stones have drawn bigger and bigger crowds with Ronnie... and that started just under 49 years ago.

AC/DC will rock just fine without Phil or Cliff. Matt Laug is closer to Phil's groove than any other drummer they've ever had.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 14, 2024 08:21

There are many "classic rock" bands that are still touring with only one or two original members. The vast majority of the crowd wouldn't know the difference. Foreigner is doing their farewell tour and there's no original band members! I saw the Black Crowes a couple years ago and apart from the Robinsons, I have no idea if any of the others were original members. Same as the Killers, I know Brandon Flowers and recognize the drummer but I believe the others weren't originals.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 14, 2024 08:38

GasLightStreet
AC/DC will rock just fine without Phil or Cliff. Matt Laug is closer to Phil's groove than any other drummer they've ever had.

They'll sell fine, but good god, Brian just can't do it anymore. I'm very sad to say. If you can look past it, yeah, Angus still absolutely crushes it, but I won't lie and pretend Brian sounds good.

Date: February 14, 2024 12:02

RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

They'll sell fine, but good god, Brian just can't do it anymore. I'm very sad to say. If you can look past it, yeah, Angus still absolutely crushes it, but I won't lie and pretend Brian sounds good.

Dry desert sand...

But not a good sign giving confidence he can do a whole tour on a good level.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 14, 2024 18:56

Most stupid thing i ever read,Jagger to sing for that clovns in AcDc?Seen them once in concert in Oslo,and never more.Boring band with songs who sounds the same all of them.I went from the concert after five songs,absolutely boring

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 14, 2024 19:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: February 14, 2024 20:21

harlem shuffle
Most stupid thing i ever read,Jagger to sing for that clovns in AcDc?Seen them once in concert in Oslo,and never more.Boring band with songs who sounds the same all of them.I went from the concert after five songs,absolutely boring

Who said that?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 14, 2024 21:15

slewan
petewasbristol

the simple reason is: Scotland is not a part of Germanygrinning smiley

hot smiley

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 14, 2024 21:47

Powerage78 said the most stupid thing always.

Date: February 14, 2024 21:50

bobo

Who said that?

This post - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: February 15, 2024 00:00

harlem shuffle
Seen them once in concert in Oslo,and never more.Boring band with songs who sounds the same all of them.I went from the concert after five songs,absolutely boring

Thats what I thought when I first heard them with the classic BIB album, it all sounded monotonous and similar. Rather dreary. But the devil is in the details and after repeated exposures, it dawned to me how great they are. Turn it up and enjoy!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: February 15, 2024 00:22

Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

That was honestly better than I was expecting. Not a slam dunk for Brian, but not Bon Jovi levels bad by any means. Could see him improving with the tour and using his voice more regularly.

McCartney Sound pretty bad in Seattle for the Got Back tour and sounded significantly better in videos from the Australia tour a year later. Didn't sound like he did 20 years ago, but definitely better.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 15, 2024 04:31

BeastyBurdeny
Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

That was honestly better than I was expecting. Not a slam dunk for Brian, but not Bon Jovi levels bad by any means. Could see him improving with the tour and using his voice more regularly.

McCartney Sound pretty bad in Seattle for the Got Back tour and sounded significantly better in videos from the Australia tour a year later. Didn't sound like he did 20 years ago, but definitely better.

Its possible I'm being too harsh on Brian, but I do think thats giving him way too much leeway. It wasn't the desert, this was the guy they dumped in 2016, allegedly because of his hearing but there are rumors of vocal troubles then. His first show back and he really doesn't sound good. There's videos of Highway To Hell that is the worst Highway To Hell I've ever heard. I'm not happy about it, its not how I want AC/DC to sound when usually they are note perfect. I hope, HOPE, he's great for a tour, but I was skeptical of his return and Desert Trip didn't do anything to quell those. I think his voice is shot but they just still want to get out there. And they need Brian if they're now not gonna have Phil or Cliff. Its a no win situation, but hopefully they prove me wrong. Nothing at the moment in my mind to suggest they will. Brian's old, I don't blame him at all and thats hard stuff to sing.

Date: February 15, 2024 06:37

harlem shuffle

Please keep up. That makes zero sense.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117Next
Current Page: 115 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home