Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dreams with the Stones in them
Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: April 10, 2014 06:04

I did a search on this topic and nothing showed up, so here goes. Anyone remember a dream you had that had the Stones in it? I dreamed last night that I was watching some show on tv when suddenly the announcer said, "And now, here is the greatest rock and roll band in the world, the Rolling Stones". The picture switched to the Stones and they played their new single. All I remember is it had a nice guitar into and that some of the lines began with "Call me". A weird thing is that a large part of the screen was blocked off with a yellow boarder with flowers painted on it, and the only Stone actually visible was Mick. I kept waiting for Keith to appear on screen, and when the camera went off of Jagger, the only view of the other Stones was a very distant shot and the members weren't even discernible. I have one other that I recall, but will have to save it for another time.

Re: Dreams with the Stones in them
Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: April 10, 2014 06:08

Yes, plenty of times. My favorite was being in a school class room that was their rehearsal hall. As a guitar player, in my waking hours always thought it would be cool to jam with them. In my dream I do and this one I sat in with the whole band, next to Keith. At the end of the session, Mick and Charlie walk out the door and I wake up.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 10, 2014 11:39

I once dreamt that Keith entered my room at 4 o´clock in the morning,
grabbed my cheap "Big 5" whisky and emptied it. Then he looked at me
saying something like "You didn´t see anything, ok?" and left.
I was very impressed;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 11:42 by TooTough.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 10, 2014 13:01

In one dream, I was Keith's weed dealer. He and Mick drove up in a car to meet me and we rode around for a bit, smoking. Then they dropped me off in the city, so that I could make my way back to waking life.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 10, 2014 13:11

Yep. But I'm not tellin...grinning smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 10, 2014 13:25

Actually, a couple of days (nights) ago I had a Stone dream. I was in a mall and I noticed that many excited people gathered around me. I turned around and saw Mick Jagger coming my way. We shook hands, he was very nice.
The other time I had similar dream was in 2001, just after Goddes In A Doorway appeared. I met Mick and told him that I liked his new record, but was wondering if the Stones were going to tour. He said: "Yeah, we will tour next year".

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 10, 2014 13:31

In a larger sense, my whole life is a dream with the Stones in it :E

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 10, 2014 14:38

Usually, I'm on my way to a show, but somehow I can never seem to quite get there, or if I do get there, I wake up before they come on.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 10, 2014 14:51

tatters
Usually, I'm on my way to a show, but somehow I can never seem to quite get there, or if I do get there, I wake up before they come on.
i had that too several times. it felt like chasing them all over town. whenever i entered another venue, they would have already started to play.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:08

I sometimes dream I'm Charlie and posting incognito on this forum and having lots of fun with all the serious reactions. Especially in threads about Mick Taylor. smoking smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:33

Every month at least one dream with the Stones in it.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 10, 2014 20:46

Once in the 70s I dreamt they were sitting on a couch (whatever that means, Mr Freud) and playing "their new single for the first time" and it had a riff even better than Satisfaction or Jumpin' Jack Flash and everybody in the not visible audience went wild and I sang along to the tune. In the morning, I woke up and thought, is there a new Stones single? No. Alright. But how did that riff of the century go?!?!?!

Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:00

The only other dream I can remember, although I know there have been others, took place in a small gymnasium. Word got out that a band was giving a performance at a small community college that day, so I went. We all sat in metal folding chairs lined across the gym floor. Most of the people that showed up were older woman wearing winter coats. Suddenly the Stones walked onto the floor and began playing. They were playing within a few feet of the front row of seats and I was in the second row. What I remember most about the dream was the overwhelming joy and excitement that I felt. Another thing that surprised me is that the songs played were actual Stones songs and were no different in the way they sounded, but I no longer remember which ones were played.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: April 11, 2014 03:14

Gawwwwdddd

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 03:32

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was with one of them, and Bob Dylan was there smiling big. (?????)

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 11, 2014 03:35

I have had several experiences.....I believe that they are not dreams....Just like when you have a visit from someone who has left the planet. I think of so called 'dreams' as a visit to another dimenesion called the spirit world...We all meet up there every now and then....How many times have you seen people in your so called dreams that you don't recognize....and there you are in the spirit world watching the Stones play in a parking lot of some unfamiliar place...Ah yes, the spirit world.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 03:53

2120Wolf
I have had several experiences.....I believe that they are not dreams....Just like when you have a visit from someone who has left the planet. I think of so called 'dreams' as a visit to another dimenesion called the spirit world...We all meet up there every now and then....How many times have you seen people in your so called dreams that you don't recognize....and there you are in the spirit world watching the Stones play in a parking lot of some unfamiliar place...Ah yes, the spirit world.

Well, we're all souls and spirits living in a body on earth. Stones music caters to the body, while worship music touches the spirit.

Dreams can be our sub-conscience. I just remembered why I dreamt about Bob Dylan. I was thinking of his born again experience the other day...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 11, 2014 03:54

My first show was Earl's Court 1976 - first night - that night I swear I dreamt the whole show over again, in colour - fantastic.................

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 11, 2014 04:44

Straycat13
2120Wolf

Well, we're all souls and spirits living in a body on earth. Stones music caters to the body, while worship music touches the spirit.

Dreams can be our sub-conscience. I just remembered why I dreamt about Bob Dylan. I was thinking of his born again experience the other day...

"Dreams being our unconsious" is just scientific explanation, it reaches far beyond that. I really don't look at music catering to anything. I feel that for some of us it seeps way down into our spirit, whether it is the Stones, worship music or whatever you want to call it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home