Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith Richards - Let Me Go (Leeds 1982)
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 8, 2014 23:47

Spud
Glad I was there.

It was a warm and tiring day in Roundhay park...but well worth the sweat.

[Not quite such a long and taxing day as Knebworth in 76... but with a curiously similar vibe in some ways]

I was also at the same concerts and agree with what you say. Have to say Knebworth was also a very warm/hot day thou.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 9, 2014 01:05

Phil Good
MisterO

Man, do I miss Bill Wyman...His bass on that song was brilliant.

+ 100 %

yea, i was wondering if noone mentioned Wyman. smiling smiley !?!?!... his playing is fantastic...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2014 10:41

odean73
Spud
Glad I was there.

[Not quite such a long and taxing day as Knebworth in 76... but with a curiously similar vibe in some ways]

I was also at the same concerts and agree with what you say. Have to say Knebworth was also a very warm/hot day thou.

Yep,

At least I could get home from Leeds.

...Kipped on the platform at Stevenage Station after Knebworth.

[I don't learn either. I still end up sitting outside Kings Cross all night when I catch them at London shows.
It's become a sort of masochistic tradition I think confused smiley]

Date: April 9, 2014 10:48

Phil Good
MisterO

Man, do I miss Bill Wyman...His bass on that song was brilliant.

+ 100 %

yea, i was wondering if noone mentioned Wyman. smiling smiley !?!?!... his playing is fantastic...

COmplaints about the band and belittle Wyman is a popular fashion in this forum.

Darryl Jones is techically 1000000 years light away from Wyman. Ok.So what.
The flavor and temparature given by wyman is unreachable by Darry even in his wettest/hotest deams.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 08:14

I know Berry, people put this down and I always loved it. I'm a motorcycle rider and the sound of the Stones on this record alway's reminded me of flying down the highway almost out of control balls to the wall and sloppy as hell on a bike that wasn't quite up to snuff. Like an old train running way too fast with something just slightly out of line, you know? Loved it and the playing on it and it really should get more respect in my opinion anyway.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 11:22

Spud
odean73
Spud
Glad I was there.

Yep,

At least I could get home from Leeds.

...Kipped on the platform at Stevenage Station after Knebworth.

[I don't learn either. I still end up sitting outside Kings Cross all night when I catch them at London shows.
It's become a sort of masochistic tradition I think confused smiley]

Kings cross would be a luxury, for Knebworth i went the day before and slept in a wooded area just off the motorway, managed to spill petrol from one of those motorway lamps all over our food and then on walking down the embankement i sprained my ankle.
I did find 2 x £10 notes on the floor outside one of the pubs, so that seemed a small fortune in them days.
But i must admit i am too old for that kind of malarkey these days and usually stay in a decent hotel.

I remember going to watch my team play blackpool one evening and just missing the train back home and ended up sleeping in one of those grit bins, things you do when you are young eh.There was a seemingly empty caravan next to the grit bin, but we was not sure if anybody was sleeping in there and we had visions of a big navee roaring out at us.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 11, 2014 14:49

This is the kind of stuff that makes Rolling Sones after 1990 look so poor. I miss that atmosphere!!!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 11, 2014 16:26

the boys on the top of their game

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home