Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: 3 warhorses you would like to be replaced during the European and Australian Tour.
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 5, 2014 16:54

Replace Gs by Fancy man Blues,
Replace HTW by You got the Silver
Replace satisfaction by Sex drive

Stockholm, July 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeroen

Re: 3 warhorses you would like to be replaced during the European and Australian Tour.
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:03

corriecas
Replace Gs by Fancy man Blues,
Replace HTW by You got the Silver
Replace satisfaction by Sex drive

Stockholm, July 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeroen

Fancy man Blues is OK but Sex drive???

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:10

Only 3?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:14

I don't wanna miss Start me up! (it's my personal favorite)

and Emotional Resque I have never heard live, so I don't want that song replaced either,

but Miss you is live nowadays a very boring song played on automatic pilot

and Tumbling Dice...? I've never understood why they play this song everytime. It even was not such a big hit, was it? I read somewhere that Keith likes to play it, but every concert....?

It's only Rock'n' roll is also a song they could replace for a much better song, like Monkey Man, She was hot, I got the blues, Ventilator Blues, Dance little Sister etc.

Also Street Fighting Men is a much better warhorse to play live, but the last couple of tours they don't play it a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 17:18 by GJV.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:19

Tumbling Dice IS the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:24

Another reason they play these same songs every show is that they are older and it is easier for them. They have struggled playing their "warhorses" at times.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:54

SMU
IORR
1 Keith song (so he just sings one).

FOR

UMT
BITCH
SWEET VIRGINIA

The can also release the semi warhorses of

ER
SFM

But then they do not ask me.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 5, 2014 18:39

1 Keith song
Doom and
ER

for

UMT
Sway with mick t.
like a rolling stone.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 5, 2014 19:17

Only 3? Why not replace 2/3 of the concert (which consists of warhorses). Doesn't matter which songs, just as long they are not warhorses. Or turn the argument upside down - play only 3 warhorses!
In the latter case I would ask for SMU, BS and SFM (if you can call that a warhorse) to stay. I'm not that impressed with SMU but it's ten year younger than their other hits!

Date: May 5, 2014 20:08

Three easy choices right away :

1) MISS YOU

2) It's Only Rock 'n' Roll ( But I Like It )

3) Honkey Tonk Women

Replaced By :

1) Hot Stuff OR Emotional Rescue OR When the Whip Comes Down (in place of Miss You)

2) Dance Little Sister OR Time Waits for No One (with Taylor) .... (in place of It's Only Rock 'n' Roll) Since Time Waits for No One would probably go in a ... or the ...ballad slot,it may require a more elaborate double switch. As an example,replace Angie AND IORR with TWFNO AND Silver Train.

3) Let it Bleed or Love In Vain or even Undercover of the Night (in place of Honkey Tonk Women)

Furthermore , replace :

1) You Got Me Rocking with I Go Wild or Break it Down or Love Is Strong

2) Promote Street Fighting Man back to a WAR-HORSE and let it take the place of Sympathy for the Devil.

3) Replace Tumbling Dice once in a while with Soul Survivor.

4) Replace Slipping Away with Coming Down Again or with any Richards lead vocal song from Bridges to Babylon.

Good to go !!!!!!!!

Date: May 5, 2014 20:29

desertblues68
I will be attending the show in Berlin next month and cannot wait to see the boys again. Obviously they will perform whatever setlist they see fit. But it is nice to daydream sometimes.
The 3 warhorses I would like to see replaced are
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up
To be replaced by
Can' t you hear me knocking
Let's Spend the Night Together
Under My Thumb
What are your choices?

I don't think we are going to hear IORR or Miss You for the remainder of this tour. Just a guess.

Date: May 5, 2014 21:26

Kaisan
It seems the winners are Miss You and Paint It Black.

I like Paint It Black - I can´t really imagine a Stones gig without it.

They did go for a time period a little bit more than 31 YEARS with only playing it on one tour.

From mid-1967 through July 15th,1998 . ....
It was played only on the 1989 / 1990 tour during that period.

On July 16th,1998 Paint it Black returned on the European leg of the Bridges to Babylon tour in Spain.

Also,it was not played in 2002 (not at all) and not for much of 2003.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 5, 2014 21:54

Funny, I've been thinking of starting a "which warhorse would you most like to see dropped?' thread. To my way of thinking, the BIG 10 currently are: JJ Flash, Tumbling Dice, Start Me Up, Sympathy, Brown Sugar, Miss You, Honky Tonk Women, IOR&Roll, You Can't Always Get WYW and Satisfaction. I suppose Paint it Black could also be added.
Me - I can't imagine a Stones show without JJ Flash, Brown Sugar and Satsifaction. I also can't see why they couldn't just drop HTWomen and Tumbling Dice. They're tired. I'm sure lots of folks would vote that they drop Miss You. I usually like Miss You - it can go off into nice directions at the end with the sax. For me, the one I would love to see them drop is Start Me Up. That one just plods along IMO - no chance of any great surprises really - unless you count a botched opening. Problem is - the crowd loves it.
So the three I'd like to see dropped? Start Me Up, Tumbling Dice and HTWomen.
Replaced by? Anything else! But if we're going to daydream: Time Waits for No One, Can't You Hear Me Knocking?, and Moonlight Mile.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 5, 2014 21:55

Winning Ugly VXII
Kaisan
It seems the winners are Miss You and Paint It Black.

I like Paint It Black - I can´t really imagine a Stones gig without it.

They did go for a time period a little bit more than 31 YEARS with only playing it on one tour.

From mid-1967 through July 15th,1998 . ....
It was played only on the 1989 / 1990 tour during that period.

On July 16th,1998 Paint it Black returned on the European leg of the Bridges to Babylon tour in Spain.

Also,it was not played in 2002 (not at all) and not for much of 2003.

That's right, but I just think that Paint It Black belongs to a Rolling Stones show (in my opinion). It's just a magic song, and I don't see many reasons why it shouldn't be played anymore. ;-)

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: May 5, 2014 22:25

Miss You
IORR
Tumbling Dice

for

One Hit (To The Body)
Down in the Hole
Parachute Woman

---------------------------------------------

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 5, 2014 22:40

confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-06 02:15 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 5, 2014 23:00

Just include harlem shuffle, too rude, mixed emotions, almost hear you sigh, connection, backstreet girl, @#$%& blues, Linda lu, Fiji jim, all about you, sister morphine, stray cat blues, Love in vain

if they play this, i will die a happy man.

jeroen

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 6, 2014 00:07

I would like them to play SING THIS ALL TOGETHER (SEE WHAT HAPPENS) three times.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 6, 2014 00:25

desertblues68
I will be attending the show in Berlin next month and cannot wait to see the boys again. Obviously they will perform whatever setlist they see fit. But it is nice to daydream sometimes.
The 3 warhorses I would like to see replaced are
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up
To be replaced by
Can' t you hear me knocking
Let's Spend the Night Together
Under My Thumb
What are your choices?

Yes keep Daydreaming !!! - They have a rehearsed list that they won't deviate from.They will throw in one surprise as they have too, because what would the purpose of a European Tour be without at least one major change to the setlist.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 6, 2014 00:48

It's Only Rock And Roll (to be replaced with I'm Yours, She's Mine)
Paint It Black (to be replaced by Sway, or perhaps CYHMK)
Miss You (to be replaced by Love In Vain)

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 6, 2014 00:53

Stoneburst
It's Only Rock And Roll (to be replaced with I'm Yours, She's Mine)
Paint It Black (to be replaced by Sway, or perhaps CYHMK)
Miss You (to be replaced by Love In Vain)

Reasonable request, but I am still a fan of IORR when Keef get's the intro nailed this song flies.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 6, 2014 01:35

Tumbling Dice
It´s Only Rock n´Roll
You Got Me Rocking(i can never understand why the Stones treat it like it´s WH)

Replaced with:

Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing in the Shadow
Lady Jane
She´s a Rainbow

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 6, 2014 01:41

I just had a revelation of the 1 song they should do. Play With Fire. Can you imagine? That could be chilling.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 6, 2014 01:54

they should replace whichever warhorses mick is most bored with. when he's bored with a song, he sings it in his "campy" style, which ruins the song.

sympathy for the devil sounded very tired this past tour.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 6, 2014 02:06

DEmerson
I just had a revelation of the 1 song they should do. Play With Fire. Can you imagine? That could be chilling.

In case you didn't know, they did do that at quite a few shows in 1989/1990............it's on this live single........ [www.ebay.co.uk] ........scroll down and you can just about make out the tracklist on the disc.......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2014 02:15

....yeah Kahoosier ... Boynamedsue and colonial .... heehaaaha

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 6, 2014 02:28

Miss You
Honky Tonk Woman
Start Me up
Sympathy

I'd like, Out Of Time, Time Waits For No One, She Was Hot, Down In The Hole , Star Star, Out Of Control, Saint Of Me or Tell Me

MEZ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-06 03:55 by The Mez.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 6, 2014 02:52

Miss You
Sympathy
Start Me Up

All sound very lifeless and as if they are bored playing them

19th Nervous Breakdown
Beast of Burden
Out of Control

I am sure people at a Stones concert would now these three songs and the band plays them all with great energy and emotion.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 6, 2014 02:52

Why not just enjoy the fact that they are still playing and doing what they do quite well? How is playing a lesser known song going to enhance your enjoyment of the show? Will a rarities set help you to better enjoy their musicianship? They are, at this point of deep time in their career, merely celebrating their history and their catalog, like a cultural memory that retains certain reflections while permanently discarding others.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 6, 2014 03:03

Get rid of:
HTW (seems a popular choice to *go*
BS (sorry)
TD (sorry)

Because I know many like the second too, I apologize but I am very, very tired of them.
Certain songs too sound better in concert somehow such as IORR, and even, okay, Miss You.

Replace with:
SFM
CYHMK (more regularly, with Mick Taylor)
Beast of Burden

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home