Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
does anyone like chuck leavell???
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 22, 2005 07:33

i HATE chuck leavell. he is a talentless twit who i wouldn't miss this time around. does anyone like him??? he's awful. i'd rather bust billy preston out of prison and use him!!

Re: does anyone like chuck leavell???
Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 22, 2005 07:44

Yes, I like Chuck, but I detest imbecile postings like this one.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: May 22, 2005 08:07

I definitely don't understand all this "racism" against this man.
He does a good job with the Stones..

Date: May 22, 2005 08:28

manhattan u r a moron for liking leavell . what is with the negative feedback against me? it was a question and u are a dork

Date: May 22, 2005 08:32

manhattan is as gay as leavell

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 22, 2005 09:24

Apparently Mick and Keith like Chuck, they rehire him every tour.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 22, 2005 10:46

Here we go again--JJ Flash--another troll--send in the clowns. Screw 'em.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 22, 2005 10:52

... perhaps Mick likes Manhatten and Leavell, too ...

??? ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-22 10:54 by HighwireC.

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 22, 2005 12:55

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i HATE chuck leavell. he is a talentless twit who
> i wouldn't miss this time around. does anyone like
> him??? he's awful. i'd rather bust billy preston
> out of prison and use him!!

Well J. J. Flash you just have bashed the Rolling Stones as being really @#$%& musicians as they choose to use CL as keyboard player at records and on concerts.
I think it's time for you to explain what you really think about the Rolling Stones, because they do choose the extra musicians carefully.

My question to you is if you really love the Stones or just want to stir up
some fighting here???????

HJofSweden

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 22, 2005 14:05

I like Chuck. I would prefer Mac to be playing wih the band but hé i have the '78 boots so i can hear him play.
I only would like the mixing of the sound would be different but i don't think you blame Chuck for that.

Maybe i'll go out on a lim here in saying that you, J.J.Flash, are not a musician? Chuck is a very talented player!!! You can dislike his style of playing but he sure as hell is talented!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Sole ()
Date: May 22, 2005 14:19

Right, Wuudy. Chuck is not the problem, it's the sound. Guitars are far to low in the mix, and the mix is often very very bad. I don't think it's Chuck who decides about the mix...

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: May 22, 2005 14:55

I think Chuck gets a lot of blame for the loss of guitar sound in the band...ACTUALLY , Its the poor sound systems they choose to use all these years and bad nights sometimes experienced by a certain team of "weaving" partners. In Toronto at Sars, Acdc's sound was crystal clear. A hour 20 later, the Stones come on and the guitars aren't there for two or three songs. Keith and Ron are looking at each other like what the @#$%& ! ... and Mick and Chuck carry the weight until the sound gets fixed. I like Mac too but I gotta wonder that with all the money these guys have, I can't figure out why they can't get the sound right. Sorry, you can hate Chuck all you want but this is the real problem...and no piano player is gonna fix that.

Posted by: millerman ()
Date: May 22, 2005 14:56

JJFlash......how can you HATE someone you (probably) don't know?????

just curious

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: May 22, 2005 15:21

Just for the record, JJFlash, Billy Preston is not in the pokey.

This is from his official website: "In recent years Billy Preston was the first black musical director of a late night television show "Nightlife" starring David Brenner, was a regular on the UPN series "Good News" and he made a cameo appearance in "Blues Brothers 2000" as part of the super group that included Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood and B.B. King among others. Billy's participation in the tribute concert "Concert for George Harrison" at Royal Albert Hall and his performance of "My Sweet Lord" has received critical acclaim. Billy recorded on the last album his mentor Ray Charles was to record, toured with The Funk Brothers and Stevie Winwood in Europe in early 2004 and then hit the road, touring extensively and garnering rave reviews for his performances with his dear friend Eric Clapton through Europe and North America. Billy's keyboard dominance was highlighted with the release of the "Let It Be--Naked" album issue."

Posted by: Rocky ()
Date: May 22, 2005 16:11

Boys, that's what I meant when I said - You people are a nice crowd but some of you can really take the piss out, grow up, what's the reason in that kinda crap you postin' on here?

Personally - I met Mr. L. 5 times and he is a really nice chap, so leave him alone if you never ever talked to him. Your opinion about his keyboard playin' is your point of view and that's it my friend an it can stay your point of view for all your life, just don't come up with shit like you hate him. Put it right man, you hate his playin' and that's nothin' wrong with that, all a question of taste but you don't hate the person.
Sure sometimes I make my jokes 'bout him too but I don't reall mean it and I even do it when we chat, so no offence in that.

Stay cool - Rockin' Rookie Rocky

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: May 22, 2005 17:25

Dear JJ, what the hell are you talking about? Do you really like The Stones or are you just hear to stir the pot?? Don't you think by now that if Chuck wasn't DESERVING of the job he'd still be with them? The Stones don't hire medeocre musicians. Chuck is GREAT and very talented. I hate it when people knock him. It makes me crazy. And it just proves that people who don't like Chuck don't really have a true love for The Stones in their soul.
And I can't stand the people who bash Ronnie Wood! What the hell is that all about! Come On! They all bitch, Oh Ronnie's not Mick Taylor, so he's no good, Well think about it twit! RONNIE IS PLAYING ALL the SAME LICKS AS MICK TALYOR DID AND HE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB!!
IF Ronnie sounded bad, HE ALSO WOULN'T BE IN THE BAND! SO Stop your whining, you have no place to whine! You are clearly a BLOCK HEAD and anyone who thinks like you do about Chuck or Ronnie, or Darryl and or anyone else that The STONES want to play with them, then you have no brain.
I mean, have you actually seen them LIVE??? Do you see how AMAZING they are?? DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GET BETTER AND BETTER WITH TIME??? And If they didn't Have Chuck and Ronnie, and Darryl what do you think they'd sound like? Stones don't choose talentless people to work with. Get that through your heads!! Next you might even say that Lisa Fisher is a lousy singer!! Did you people ever think that it's YOU who doesn't Know talent when you hear it???????
Have a nice day!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 22, 2005 17:53

Mickschick has some points here.
But I also think that you cant make a homogeneous collective out of the Stones. The Executives are the Glimmer Twins, right?
And if Jagger had decided thru the years the Stones would have been surrounded by & the record sessions crowded by litte geeks with small technichal machines, hit masters, ultra hipsters... If Richards had his vote gone thru, they would have been spliffed by Jamiacans & other strange creatures.
What we have is compromises.
But what I think I see now, after the PC is that the rock 'n' roll is back.
JJ may have a hidden point there; even if the fellow hasnt learned how to discuss neither how to deal with decent & respectable musicians.

The last idea I read was: Give Chuckie a piano - and another was: Put in Mac on a Hammond B3 thru a Lesley. Teh we´re talkin...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 22, 2005 18:17

Sole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right, Wuudy. Chuck is not the problem, it's the
> sound. Guitars are far to low in the mix, and the
> mix is often very very bad. I don't think it's
> Chuck who decides about the mix...

I don't like Chuck but i'm agree with you....he is not the problem.
THE REAL PROBLEM IS DON WAS.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: May 22, 2005 18:33

Does anybody know why the Stones use that bad sound system? The bass is not audible at all, the drums sound cheap (specially the toms) and the guitars are non distorted and weak. Why?

Date: May 22, 2005 19:17

I don't think they use bad sound systems. I thought they use state-of-the-art systems, at least I read this in several music magazines from the voodoo-lounge-tour and on. They can afford the best technique and they use good technique. But the point is how you handle/use the technique. They don't have good sound technicians (sorry for my english - i'm a swiss-cheese-guy).

Date: May 22, 2005 20:03

Well, why do they use bad personnel? Ron and Keith sounded like farting children compared to Maccas young back up guitarists at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki. I'm still confused and embarrassed.

Date: May 22, 2005 20:07

Well then you maybe should go to Maccas page and put your input there instead!
Think it's greater with positive energy than negative!
By the way we've heard it all before and still think the Stones is the best band in the world! "You better move on"

HJofSweden

Date: May 22, 2005 20:57

Hey, cool down, Fansince1964. The Rolling Stones are the best band in the world. But believe me: if you are good in doing something, you only stay good, if you are working for it every day. There's no time for resting. And i think, it should be allowed on this board, to critisize. That does not mean, to dislike something.

Date: May 22, 2005 22:13

Is there anything we have not heard before Fansince1964? Perhaps you know why the Stones have a worse sound than other bands? Why?

Date: May 22, 2005 23:06

To the two above posts, I have this comment!
Without rest or not the Stones are the best band and have a great sound and believe me I've heard a lot of sounds on concerts!
Critize as much as you can but I don't think that negative critics are in place here and therefore I suggested that the remark about Macca should be on his forum
There's a lot of nefative vibes around these days which startles me!

HJofSweden

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: May 22, 2005 23:27

Strictly speaking I'd be very startled if every member of this site would be praseing the Stones to the skies.
Such behavour would make me think of extreme political or religious groups who are bowing there heads in zealous worship.
Nah, I think there's gotta be ample space for criticism aimed at helping someone to improve.

Date: May 23, 2005 10:41

"Critize as much as you can but I don't think that negative critics are in place here"

Hmmm... a contradiction?

You are so defensive that you seem to be very worried about their present condition. Why is that? I happen to believe that the Stones suffer from bad sound and not bad playing or too much back up musicians. If mythical legengs like Keith and Ron sound like farting children compared to Maccas back up kids, it's a reason to worry. I simply ask why they use incompetent sound crew.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: May 23, 2005 14:50

I agree with Bars.It seems like the back up band , namely Chuck will get pin pointed out for the bad sound but it's the board tecs that run the show and the equipment that either gets the job done or not.If the Stones can spend millions for Big screens and multiple stage sets to go to all the halls, they can improve on their sound. Holding Chuck responsible seems to be ridiculous.

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: May 23, 2005 15:28

Man, I can't believe how people critisize The Stones!~ Why are the people that obviously can't stand them even on this board? Certianly you can't call yourself a fan. I was 13 years old at my very first concert, which was The Rolling Stones, 1975 and I've seen them 24 times since. And each and every time they get better!~
I don't understand how you can critisize a band who has inspired so many, many other musicians, and who have the love and adoration of MILLIONS of TRUE FANS!

The band has their extended members to enhance the show! DUH! And each and every member has their place, and without them it wouldn't be the same. It seems to me that people look for some kind of super perfection to the live shows, it's LIVE, nothings going to be perfect, but just let yourself enjoy it, and groove to it, and you'll understand that there is NOTHING LIKE A STONES SHOW!! No two are the same, nor should they be.

The people who constantly critisize the band are like what we call in the USA, regarding football, 'armchair quarterbacks' they whine and bitch about what's going on, but let them go out there and try to do the job, they wouldn't even come close!!

So quityerbitching and have a good time, like a real FAN would! And if all you can do is mock them then don't continue to listen to them!

Find another board to join, like say a Britney Spears, or Shania Twain board, that is some serious electronically controlled music, real clean with no mistakes.

But of course, that isn't Rock-N-Roll, and maybe that is the problem with all you whiners, you just don't know what REAL ROCK-N-ROLL is!

Have a Nice Day!

Date: May 23, 2005 15:53

Thanks Mickschick!
You put the finger on this one!

HJofSweden

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home