Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Bill Wyman to join the Rolling Stones in Europe
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:27

Bastion
Not funny moody smiley

Very funny smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:33

pgarof
Last time he was interviewed my understanding was that he didn't want to play with them as it was only one of two songs and it wouldn't be worth all the effort? maybe I got it wrong but he sounded a little bitter to me.

moody smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:39

It may not be on the cards yet, but it's possible. I just read, on a site that is persona non grata here, that Bill has sent a message of condolence to Mick.

We never thought we'd see Mick Taylor in the studio or onstage again with the RS. Where there's life, there's hope.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:39

RoughJusticeOnYa
stonehearted
And for these shows, Darryl Jones will be brought on as a special guest--for 2 songs only!

No no - he'll be playing under the stage. Together with Blondie...

Nah Wyman unlike Keef can still play his instrument well

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:50

Bliss
It may not be on the cards yet, but it's possible. I just read, on a site that is persona non grata here, that Bill has sent a message of condolence to Mick.

We never thought we'd see Mick Taylor in the studio or onstage again with the RS. Where there's life, there's hope.

Why wouldnt he? They're still friends and business colleagues. Its a basic courtesy you'd extend to someone you knew on a devastating loss.

Bill and the current band members exchange Christmas gifts every year and he's been present at band meetings within the last few years.

Doesnt mean he's going to tour with them, though.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:14

There are strong rumours that Elvis Presley will guest on a performance of "Kokomo" in Oslo.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:17

I heard he got sacked off the tour because he detected Mick & keith's pile of gold stashed in the snooker table........

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:20

Laugh, I nearly died.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:25

Definitely had me for a moment! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:28

Dusseldorf is the Mecca of metal detecting.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:29

You had me. Too bad though - it would be fun.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:46

Is he there for the usual guest spot or for more than 5 songs or will he completely replace Darryl? grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 16:03 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:48

BW : "bv I've got your number !"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 19:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:49

Gazza
Bliss

Why wouldnt he? They're still friends and business colleagues. Its a basic courtesy you'd extend to someone you knew on a devastating loss.

Bill and the current band members exchange Christmas gifts every year and he's been present at band meetings within the last few years.

The scurrilous website said that they had patched up their differences dating from Bill's disgruntlement in 2012 at being offered the opportunity to play on only 2 songs.

Personally, I think Bill could once again be back onstage with them.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:57

I think if you'd made this a sticky, a number of people would be booking tickets and flights.

For me the damage was limited to coffee spilled on my pyjamas.

Date: April 1, 2014 15:59

Got me. Good one BVsmiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:07

ROFL!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:08

The April Fools gags on this board basically write themselves. In other news, I just heard Mick Taylor's been confirmed to play on Winter, Love In Vain and Time Waits For No One at every Stones show from now until the end of time. Official Stones-branded zippo lighters will be available outside the auditorium before the show at a discounted rate for those so inclined, and Ronnie Wood will sacrifice a cow onstage during MT's solos.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:16

very funny..

almost true too with the metal detector bit..

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:18

Mick: "Wake up, Bill"!
Bill: "What? Where am I"?
Mick: "You dreamed something"?
Bill: "Yes, I dreamed that I left the band"
Mick: LOL
"C'mon Billy, crowd waiting for us"

grinning smiley

-------------------------------------

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:27

gagi
Mick: "Wake up, Bill"!
Bill: "What? Where am I"?
Mick: "You dreamed something"?
Bill: "Yes, I dreamed that I left the band"
Mick: LOL
"C'mon Billy, crowd waiting for us"

grinning smiley

-------------------------------------

Mick: "By the way Bill, she's pregnant"

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:31

Well, Jan Smeets (= Pinkpop) told in a Dutch tv programme, after the announcement, that he actually heard such rumours....

Re: April Fools: Bill Wyman to join the Rolling Stones in Europe
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:14

Report this poster.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:33

The sad thing is that it would have been the only reason for excitement. We know Bill is not getting back on the nostalgia train. The Stones will never have their bass player again, and therefore the sound will never be right again. I'm almost glad the 2012 'reunion' happened so this is finally put to rest. Who knew that the band would end up being known as The Brian Era, the Mick Taylor Years, and all the crap (except for No Security) Post Wyman?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:40

Bliss
Gazza
Bliss

The scurrilous website said that they had patched up their differences dating from Bill's disgruntlement in 2012 at being offered the opportunity to play on only 2 songs.

Personally, I think Bill could once again be back onstage with them.

He could play on Midnight Rambler, together with Taylor. A missed chance in London 2012 would be repaired.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:42

You can't say "April Fools" otherwise it is not an April Fools joke.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:07

flacnvinyl

I think the moderator decided to clarify the OP's thread title. BV must not be familiar with April Fools jokes.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:19

latebloomer
flacnvinyl

I think the moderator decided to clarify the OP's thread title. BV must not be familiar with April Fools jokes.
That means it's really true.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:46

I don't know how April 1 practical jokes and hoaxes are practiced in each and every country around the world, but in my part of the world, the point is to fool someone into believe a story which mighte be true, still if you think twice, and use clues given in the story, you should understand it is - "aprilsnarr", fooling on April 1.

There was a famous story in Norway many years ago. A radio station said they were giving away wine at all state monopoly stores, but you had to bring buckets. Many people did not believe it, but then some clever guys brought buckets, bought wine, filled up the buckets and arrived at work with the "free wine". Needless to say many others went for more free wine.

[en.wikipedia.org]

April Fools' Day (sometimes called All Fools' Day) is an informal holiday celebrated every year on April 1. The day is not a national holiday in any country, but it is widely recognized and celebrated as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other, called April fools.[1] Hoax stories are also often found in the press and media on this day.

I have no idea how April Fools work in Ukraine, China, Japan, Mexico, USA, Canada, Italy, UK or Tanzania, but nobody likes to be fooled. Some smile, some laugh, some get angry, others don't care. Still, if this was not a forum, I am sure the story would have been snapped up by some news portal in Europe.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 20:59 by bv.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:56

see

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home