Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones most Spinal Tap moment...
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 13, 2016 14:21

Stoneage
Commander, hoarse and high on coke, licking Ron Woods face on SNL 1978...

I always have to turn away from that one...oh Mick.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 13, 2016 14:45

The Worst.
*At the same show in Berlin, everything went wrong when they tried to inflate that tongue balloon during Honky Tonk Women.

Maybe I was preoccupied while they were inflating it, but I remember the problems they had deflating it.
It was a very retro-groovy flower-power tongue balloon that was supposed to be up there
while the band was returning to the main stage. Instead, it stayed up there all through Sympathy for the Devil,
bobbling and swaying in a ludicrously cheerful manner as the crew struggled to wrestle it to the ground.
I think they finally had to puncture it and even then it took ages to wither away in its silly way, sort of like Rod Stewart spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Spinal Tap, though? Nah. To be really Spinal Tap the band has to be pretentious.
That's not a bobbling flower-power tongue, or the Mick licking Ronnie, bless their faces.

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 13, 2016 14:53

MileHigh
I suppose the 1975 phallus reveal would also count. I bet you somewhere there is great footage of that sitting in a film can on a shelf.

Wouldn't it be more Spinal Tap if the phallus turned out to be 2 inches?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 13, 2016 15:02

DeanGoodman
MileHigh
I suppose the 1975 phallus reveal would also count. I bet you somewhere there is great footage of that sitting in a film can on a shelf.

Wouldn't it be more Spinal Tap if the phallus turned out to be 2 inches?

HAAAAAAHAAAAAaaaa!

That almost makes up for how pissed I am that it's stupid daylight savings here again. Thieving SOB's steal my hour every year.

Still laughing, thanks DeanG. grinning smiley

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: March 13, 2016 15:27

Melbourne 2003 during Bitch Mick puts the mic down on the drum riser to shake his thing in the guitar solo. Forgets he left it there and the roadies don't notice for ages. He goes to sing the final chorus at a mic stand with no mic! The roadie quickly fixed the situation and he barely missed a beat in the end.
Melbourne 2006 and a disastrous Brown Sugar with Mick coming in to sing at completely the wrong time, I think due to in ear monitor issues. It was a total train wreck and I'm surprised they managed to pull it back together instead of re starting.
Wembley 99 Ronnies guitar strap falls off mid song and his guitar just stops. He stands there holding it just laughing in front of 60000 people until someone comes on to fix it.
Adelaide 2014 - the stage invader!! His glasses being left on the stage and Keith butchering the Satisfaction riff to stop and pick them up.
Also Hyde Park scarf me up incident...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 13, 2016 21:00

Didn't Ronnie slip on a frankfurter in Frankfurt in 1982?

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: March 13, 2016 21:16

The Sheppard's Pie incident.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: March 13, 2016 23:17

with sssoul
The Worst.
*At the same show in Berlin, everything went wrong when they tried to inflate that tongue balloon during Honky Tonk Women.

Maybe I was preoccupied while they were inflating it, but I remember the problems they had deflating it.
It was a very retro-groovy flower-power tongue balloon that was supposed to be up there
while the band was returning to the main stage. Instead, it stayed up there all through Sympathy for the Devil,
bobbling and swaying in a ludicrously cheerful manner as the crew struggled to wrestle it to the ground.
I think they finally had to puncture it and even then it took ages to wither away in its silly way, sort of like Rod Stewart spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Spinal Tap, though? Nah. To be really Spinal Tap the band has to be pretentious.
That's not a bobbling flower-power tongue, or the Mick licking Ronnie, bless their faces.

I love the Rolling Stones

a lot like Rod Stewart!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 14, 2016 05:46

The cherry picker.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:15

better question: what was spinal tap's most rolling stones moment.

my vote: the discussion about the catering backstage. i felt like it was an excellent mick jagger impersonation.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 30, 2016 01:40

One Tap moment that could be Stones related is when they're discussing the cover for Smell The Glove. Bobbi Fleckman freaks out saying You put a greased naked woman on the cover on a leash and are forcing her to smell a glove, you don't find that sexist? Kind of like the promo ads for Black and Blue!
Then they compromise and Smell The Glove turns out to be totally black, the opposite of Beggars Banquet being totally white! One hilarious scene on the DVD deleted scenes is they do an autograph session but they're using black sharpies so a kid gets the album autographed but then can't read any of the autographs.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 30, 2016 03:11

More Hot Rocks
The cherry picker.

Even the pictures are cringe-worthy.

It taking the RCMP 15 minutes to wake Keith up during the Toronto bust.

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: March 30, 2016 03:14

[www.youtube.com]

I love this one.

Date: March 30, 2016 18:22

buffalo7478
mr_dja
Not sure if that's the MOST Spinal Tap moment but this should be high up on the list.

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

That is soooooo bad. Who the hell came up with that. Wish I had seen the promo before I bought the CD. Could have saved $14. It would have turned my off from buying their worst post-60s record. Mick trying to shake teh silly string so it would work is a total spinal tap moment.
The Stones wewre actually kind of funny; they realized the humor in it. And at around 6.00 minutes they cleverly splice some 81 footage with the title cut - it makes me wish that the 86 tour had happened. But overall that is one dreadful piece. That announcer..."with excitement then at a fever pitch we will unleash 3,000 napkin and coaster sets...". Also it seemed everytime they mentioned 'the world's greatest rockn roll band', the footage shown was a comatose Wyman, or Charlie hunched over with his bowl haircut.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: March 30, 2016 19:04

DGA35
One Tap moment that could be Stones related is when they're discussing the cover for Smell The Glove. Bobbi Fleckman freaks out saying You put a greased naked woman on the cover on a leash and are forcing her to smell a glove, you don't find that sexist? Kind of like the promo ads for Black and Blue!
Then they compromise and Smell The Glove turns out to be totally black, the opposite of Beggars Banquet being totally white! One hilarious scene on the DVD deleted scenes is they do an autograph session but they're using black sharpies so a kid gets the album autographed but then can't read any of the autographs.

Yes!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: April 27, 2016 23:39

Is there not something inherently comical, either by intention or accident, about Taylor's sudden participation in the following press conference?

[youtu.be]

Aided by the exclamation 'Blimey!' at 1:04, following his interjection.

Olly.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2016 00:40

[www.youtube.com]

Dis one has a few Spinal moments ... matter of fact da whole fing does ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Leestar ()
Date: April 28, 2016 01:06

on the 2006 bigger Bang tour.
The sympathy for the devil drum loop was causing havoc Charlie and Keith briefly walked off, which left Mick singing along to Daryl's bass, it sounded like The Rolling Stones Karaoke tour.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2016 01:13

Leestar
on the 2006 bigger Bang tour.
The sympathy for the devil drum loop was causing havoc Charlie and Keith briefly walked off, which left Mick singing along to Daryl's bass, it sounded like The Rolling Stones Karaoke tour.

SFTD kind of sounds that way anyhow lately...

Date: April 28, 2016 01:31

Rockman

[www.youtube.com]

Dis one has a few Spinal moments ... matter of fact da whole fing does ...

Can't believe I'd never seen that one. Mick sitting in front of those massive cocks hanging behind him haha...It would be even more Spinal-Tappy if he had not noticed them.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 07:03

Olly
mr_dja
Not sure if that's the MOST Spinal Tap moment but this should be high up on the list.

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

I've never seen that before, it's hilarious.

Nearly Sniff the Glove level self-parody with the mud wrestling.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 28, 2016 14:43

BILLPERKS
The Voodoo Lounge oening night stilt walkers.Any video?

My memory's a little hazy on this one, but at Shea Stadium in 1989, besides Living Colour, they had some sort of African drum ensemble pounding away SFTD-type beats for way too long. At one point the drummers played a certain ba ba dum ba ba dum beat, and the audience around me called back without skipping a beat, "Get the f%^k off the stage!" This unintentional call and response went on for several minutes and was quite amusing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-28 14:45 by HonkeyTonkFlash.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 28, 2016 15:54

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 28, 2016 16:19

Keith swinging and hitting the kid in the head with his guitar at Hampton in 1981. Along with any explanation he has given to justify the incident.

The dead butterflies at Hyde Park in 1969.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 28, 2016 16:56

far out Swimtothemoon, I was just reading about the butterflies incident in Tony Sanches´s book last night and was about to post that here today. Only you beat me to it!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 18:00

barbabang
A good candidate would be the 'çage' moment during the No Security tour where mick is stuck in that cage, and can't get out to sing. Never seen this, but supposedly this did happen in one of the concerts at the start of the tour.
LOL, I totally forgot about this from No Security, classic Spinal Tap moment!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 28, 2016 23:19

Man a post from 2005 and I thought "ChelseaDrugstore" was back......................

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 28, 2016 23:35

Didn't Keith shoot a hole in the ceiling of a Chicago hotel in 78 or 81? I'm not
sure where I read this, maybe Keith's book or Bill Wyman. If true that would
be a moment and fortunately not any worse.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home