Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Shallow Statements on L'Wren Scott. etc.
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:17

Grichka
hbwriter
Grichka
Hbwriter, your thread has an issue. Not because you express your opinion or because that opinion is negative, OF COURSE NOT.
But rather because you develop an entire demonstration of unfit behavior of the Stones based on 3 lines written by a PR manager of the group!!!!
And for you these three lines are reflecting 100% the state of mind of the Stones!!!

You are a journalist? You should know better!!!! There is marketing, public relation and then there is real life, private life.

wait - so it is your opinion that those "band" statements are not their words; that they were written by handlers?

They were probably written by a PR manager and quickly approved by the Stones but this is not even the point. The point is the Stones have their right to personal feeling, not to be expressed in a press release, and these you will never know about. But your entire thread is criticizing them for personal feeling you assume from the PR operation.
Probably what the Stones members think about this event is much worst, or much less worst (depending on who we are talking about) than your assumptions.

Suicide is very special thing and NEVER a black and white issue.

precisely- so why subject her family/friends to those comments that all but ignore their loved one? THAT is my primary issue here - the RS machine putting business above someone's life/legacy. They are, in effect, making crap up - so why trust *anything* they say?

Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Shallow Statements on L'Wren Scott. etc.
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:17

Maybe they didn't like her, if that's right - the statements about likening her to Yoko seem to back that up, why should they suddenly start liking her and bulling her up and being concerned about her welfare now she's dead?

If someone I don't/didn't like died, I couldn't care less but I might care about someone associated with them who was left.

They do know and like Mick (notwithstanding Keith not going to his dressing room for 20 years - sic) and knew that he liked her so their statements just reflect their empathy for him.............

Fuss about nothing if you ask me...........

Date: March 24, 2014 04:19

EddieByword
Maybe they didn't like her, if that's right - the statements about likening her to Yoko seem to back that up, why should they suddenly start liking her and bulling her up and being concerned about her welfare now she's dead?

If someone I don't/didn't like died, I couldn't care less but I might care about someone associated with them who was left.

They do know and like Mick (notwithstanding Keith not going to his dressing room for 20 years - sic) and knew that he liked her so their statements just reflect their empathy for him.............

then maybe they should be thinking of her family/friends and try and be decent human beings - oh wait- i forgot- they are the rolling stones - we give them passes for everything because they made exile on main st.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:22 by hbwriter.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:24

hbwriter
Grichka
hbwriter
Grichka
Hbwriter, your thread has an issue. Not because you express your opinion or because that opinion is negative, OF COURSE NOT.
But rather because you develop an entire demonstration of unfit behavior of the Stones based on 3 lines written by a PR manager of the group!!!!
And for you these three lines are reflecting 100% the state of mind of the Stones!!!

You are a journalist? You should know better!!!! There is marketing, public relation and then there is real life, private life.

wait - so it is your opinion that those "band" statements are not their words; that they were written by handlers?

They were probably written by a PR manager and quickly approved by the Stones but this is not even the point. The point is the Stones have their right to personal feeling, not to be expressed in a press release, and these you will never know about. But your entire thread is criticizing them for personal feeling you assume from the PR operation.
Probably what the Stones members think about this event is much worst, or much less worst (depending on who we are talking about) than your assumptions.

precisely- so why subject her family/friends to those comments that all but ignore their loved one? THAT is my primary issue here - the RS machine putting business above someone's life/legacy. They are, in effect, making crap up - so why trust *anything* they say?

There are several sides to the Rolling Stones machine. Are you really discovering just now that they are (also) a big corporation, a business, with marketing strategies aiming at reaching a maximum of customers????
And by the way, what is wrong with that? It does not spoil the music they do.

But behind the business there are people and these people they have feeling toward this issue and they will not put these feeling printed for the public.
My personnal view on this suicide, I don't really dare putting it here and I wont because it is pure speculation and I have no clue. But suicide is not black and white thing.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:28

hbwriter
EddieByword

then maybe they should be thinking of her family/friends - oh wait- i forgot- they are the rolling stones - we give them passes for everything

I think you're putting too much on them, first, from the accounts I've read she didn't even care about her family much anyway and that being the case why would they?
Again if true, there's not even room for them to say, even if they'd been inclined to, "oh yeah, must be terrible for them...........Why must it be terrible for them?
The sisters never talked in 6 years.... and she ignored her school friend when per chance she bumped into one..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:33 by EddieByword.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:28

hbwriter
EddieByword

then maybe they should be thinking of her family/friends and try and be decent human beings - oh wait- i forgot- they are the rolling stones - we give them passes for everything because they made exile on main st.

You see, THAT is your big mistake!!!!! How do you dare assuming (in order to attack them) that they did not "think of her family/friends", that they did not send private messages, did not call etc... etc....
And IF some of them are upset, they have the right to be upset as well and say nothing. It does not make monsters of them. Maybe they have reasons to be upset.

So upset or sorry, in both case they DONT have to put that on Facebook!!!

Who knows?? You have no base to attack them here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:30 by Grichka.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:30

Grichka
hbwriter
Grichka
hbwriter
Grichka

There are several sides to the Rolling Stones machine. Are you really discovering just now that they are (also) a big corporation, a business, with marketing strategies aiming at reaching a maximum of customers????
And by the way, what is wrong with that? It does not spoil the music they do.

But behind the business there are people and these people they have feeling toward this issue and they will not put these feeling printed for the public.
My personnal view on this suicide, I don't really dare putting it here and I wont because it is pure speculation and I have no clue. But suicide is not black and white thing.

of course not- i said here recently they are a business to me now, not a band- but a damned good business. that said, yes, i did expect a bit more on the decency scale when it came to this tragedy - they are vets and have been through a lot of pain in their lives. they are 70 year old men - to see them handled like a boy band is a joke to me - i just expected more

Date: March 24, 2014 04:35

Grichka
hbwriter
EddieByword

You see, THAT is your big mistake!!!!! How do you dare assuming (in order to attack them) that they did not "think of her family/friends", that they did not send private messages, did not call etc... etc....
And IF some of them are upset, they have the right to be upset as well and say nothing. It does not make monsters of them. Maybe they have reasons to be upset.

then they need to manage their social networking a bit better so that 12 million don't see that they forgot to mention her - i'm assuming they meant what they "wrote" (haha) there are meetings that take place to decide how/what will be distributed - i thought the stones were above this sort of chicanery - i guess not.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:37

Grichka
hbwriter
EddieByword

And you have zero right to tell me what I am allowed to say or not say- these are my opinions based on facts they present -

Date: March 24, 2014 04:44

hbwriter
Grichka
hbwriter
EddieByword

And you have zero right to tell me what I am allowed to say or not say- these are my opinions based on facts they present -

Of course, sorry if that is what you understood. I never pretend to tell anyone what he should say or think.
What I mean is that your "demonstration" is wrong. It is based on the wrong assumption. It is not logical. Sorry but my english is not good enough to fine tune my arguments in a better understandable way.

Summary:
a) Stones public statement is no clue of what they think in private
b) Each Stones member may have a different view on this tragic event. From awfully sad to crazy upset. Therefore, the very "neutral" public statement (addressed to fans by the way, not to the family) makes perfect sense.
a) + b) = attacking them on a public statement of 3 lines makes no sense to me.

So of course you have all rights to continue but I just have to tell you that I feel this attack / anger is baseless.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:58 by Grichka.

Re: "Statements"
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:44

bye bye johnny
Comments attributed to Keith, Charlie and Ronnie initially appeared in the Daily Mirror on March 18.

Ronnie Wood: "This is such terrible news and right now the important thing is that we are all pulling together to offer Mick our support."

Keith Richards: "No-one saw this coming. Mick's always been my soul brother and we love him. We're all feeling for the man."

Charlie Watts: "Needless to say we are all completely shocked but we have to do what is right in these sad circumstances."

Subsequently, those quotes appeared on an Australian site, news.com.au, each with a "we'll be back" comment tagged on. Those same comments were disseminated widely prior to their appearing on the Stones "official" sites March 19.

This message was posted on Ronnie's Facebook March 19:

Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and L'Wren's family and friends at this incredibly devastating and difficult time.

As a band we are one big family and we've all come together to support Mick, and will do everything we can to help him.

We are currently rescheduling touring plans. We thank everyone for their understanding.

We are so grateful for the messages of support at this sad time ~ while we take the time that is needed. XR

I think that bye bye johnny's post covers one distinction, which was my reaction to this thread. The distinction is that grief on L'Wren's death on the part of the members of the Stones is primarily what they express individually. As in the quote from Ron Wood's Facebook. Whereas the band as such, also because they were under the obligation to play the postponed concerts, had the need to address ticket holders and arrangers about the postponement. In that context, related to what was necessary, dealt with the devastated state of Mick Jagger.

Because, mark it says that it is on the postponement of the Australia /New Zealand tour

hbwriter

...................... this is how the Stones presented it on their facebook page, ................ -

Re: "Statements"
Posted by: blivet ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:50

hbwriter

...................... this is how the Stones presented it on their facebook page, ................ -

What's interesting to me is that they all follow the same template: Shocked, support Mick, back on stage soon. In my opinion this suggests they were all written by the same person, who varied the language a bit.

Re: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts Statements on L'Wren Scott. etc.
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:51

You know, as banal as these fake statements (all obviously written by the same person) may appear, the actual, videotaped statements of Bobby Keys aren't much better.

The Stones have had to reschedule due to a very sad event, but anyway, we're gonna rock and roll tonight.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:54 by tatters.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:54

So, there you go.....

This message was posted on Ronnie's Facebook March 19:

Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and L'Wren's family and friends at this incredibly devastating and difficult time.

As a band we are one big family and we've all come together to support Mick, and will do everything we can to help him.

We are currently rescheduling touring plans. We thank everyone for their understanding.

We are so grateful for the messages of support at this sad time ~ while we take the time that is needed. XR

I did wonder myself though whether you meant her hometown friends or the A-list mob that took her dresses...........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 04:56 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:55

I read down to the 6th post on the 1st page in this thread before I realized that the OP was hbwriter.

This is the same guy who started a derogatory thread about Gram Parsons a while back. After that one I said I wouldn't ever read another of his posts.

So I am exiting this read at page 1, post 6. I don't have time for this guy.

Date: March 24, 2014 04:59

Chacho
I read down to the 6th post on the 1st page in this thread before I realized that the OP was hbwriter.

This is the same guy who started a derogatory thread about Gram Parsons a while back. After that one I said I wouldn't ever read another of his posts.

So I am exiting this read at page 1, post 6. I don't have time for this guy.

i'll try and give you a heads up next time to save you some time, cool? i don't recall a derogatory thread about Gram- perhaps one stating that i find him sort of overrated and derivative - sorry if that was too much for you.

Date: March 24, 2014 05:04

tatters
You know, as banal as these fake statements (all obviously written by the same person) may appear, the actual, videotaped statements of Bobby Keys aren't much better.

The Stones have had to reschedule due to a very sad event, but anyway, we're gonna rock and roll tonight.

[www.facebook.com]

god that was awful

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2014 05:34

then why issue what they did?

Had ta slip out for an hour or so but back again hb....

Following her passing the big question down here was what
is going to happen to tour ... my own phone ran hot for a day
or so and sad as it may seem I can't recall any of the people
who contacted me mentioning or showing sympathy to L'Wren. All they were worried about was what was going to happen to Australian shows...Will we get our money back etc etc

So my guess is those official comments on from Keith..Charlie Ronnie
were aimed at answering those questions ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 05:42

Situation no-win.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 24, 2014 05:42

Hilarious how in his videotaped Facebook message Bobby Keys has to look at a sheet of paper to remember what city he's in. "Coming to you from...[looking down at sheet of paper off to his side] Adelaide!" He also needs that sheet of paper to be reminded of the next two cities he'll be playing in--and it isn't like Sydney isn't a major city that you wouldn't easily remember the name of.

Does Bobby Keys even know whether he is coming or going? grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2014 05:45

...Down here it's a looooooong distance between towns...
So ya kinda forget where ya actually heading

ROCKMAN

Date: March 24, 2014 05:51

Rockman
...Down here it's a looooooong distance between towns...
So ya kinda forget where ya actually heading

smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2014 05:58

stonehearted
Hilarious how in his videotaped Facebook message Bobby Keys has to look at a sheet of paper to remember what city he's in. "Coming to you from...[looking down at sheet of paper off to his side] Adelaide!" He also needs that sheet of paper to be reminded of the next two cities he'll be playing in--and it isn't like Sydney isn't a major city that you wouldn't easily remember the name of.

Does Bobby Keys even know whether he is coming or going? grinning smiley

but hey, at least he speaks his mind for himself with no PR people hovering. While interviewing Charlie last year, a fellow writer told me the Stones had two people in the room to "content monitor." Rock and roll!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 24, 2014 06:18

I suppose the Stones immediate PR responses were all a bit muted with regards to L'wren. They could've put more expression in them and had more emphasis on her and less on the tour.

But I don't feel anger or too upset at the Stones or Jagger for their transgressions at this point. I guess this is simply how they want to handle things at this point.

Let's see what happens, maybe we'll all be surprised.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 24, 2014 06:18

<<but hey, at least he speaks his mind for himself with no PR people hovering>>

That's because he's not in the core band, which is why it's okay for him to appear in public and play some gigs while the big 4 remain in seclusion out of reach of the tabloids and their paparoaches.

And also, Bobby Keys is full of Southern colloquialisms like "shitting in tall cotton" that are impossible to put a PR spin on.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 24, 2014 06:19

Rockee, you are on fire today!

hbwriter, apparently you're not allowed to express your thoughts with this crowd.

It's all been worth reading IORR for me. Most LA women see "fashionista" as a potential career title. Me? I just wanna be a "Content Monitor."

Date: March 24, 2014 06:26

Rockee, you are on fire today!

.... you should see me around midnight Shaz...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: March 24, 2014 06:30

Sitting in judgement of one that's commuted suicide is short sighted and arrogant.
Consider this: how awful a human being must feel, how filled with the dread of tomorrow that the only way out of pain in their eyes is to end their life. Does anyone with a modicum of intelligence really believe this was timed to collide with a Stones tour? I suspect she would not have cared either way when commuting this very sad act.
I am not so filled with hubris that I judge her or call suicide the "ultimate act of selfishness".
Consider the anguish that must have filled this human being and have compassion for her. If you are only capable of harsh judgements you may also then hope that depression never pays you a long term and unwelcome visit.
You do not know another's life.
And HB although I see your point I do not see it as important. Jagger could be on the moon and it would not mean he cared any less or more for her. And what the press release is ultimately doesn't matter a damn. People will pay to see them no matter. I think you're just chasing shadows with this. I don't see it an an anything. Although unlike some I respect your opinion and your right to say it without being abused.

Date: March 24, 2014 06:37

OzHeavyThrobber
Sitting in judgement of one that's commuted suicide is short sighted and arrogant.
Consider this: how awful a human being must feel, how filled with the dread of tomorrow that the only way out of pain in their eyes is to end their life. Does anyone with a modicum of intelligence really believe this was timed to collide with a Stones tour? I suspect she would not have cared either way when commuting this very sad act.
I am not so filled with hubris that I judge her or call suicide the "ultimate act of selfishness".
Consider the anguish that must have filled this human being and have compassion for her. If you are only capable of harsh judgements you may also then hope that depression never pays you a long term and unwelcome visit.
You do not know another's life.
And HB although I see your point I do not see it as important. Jagger could be on the moon and it would not mean he cared any less or more for her. And what the press release is ultimately doesn't matter a damn. People will pay to see them no matter. I think you're just chasing shadows with this. I don't see it an an anything. Although unlike some I respect your opinion and your right to say it without being abused.

thank you, mate, i appreciate your candor and courtesy.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 24, 2014 06:41

HB, the first thing you said was your "out" and then you keep going. Your point is ok, but its a friggin suicide, and its MJ, so are you expecting some form of normal protocol?

Its obvious Ron is the only one of the 3 who cares about social media, and he said the proper /polite thing...

Do you expect a tweet or FB post from Charlie?

Mick manages the press and no one makes a move or says a word without his ok, that's just how this band is set up. Did you not know this?

I'm sure no one wanted her to do herself in, and out of respect for Mick, they're all probably laying low. Simple as that. After todgergate, KR must be on egg shells still to some degree and since when is Charlie outspoken about anything?

Don't get me wrong, I love reading your posts and am glad you're not leaving, but just let this play out and let's lay low on the over analyzing, as unless you've got all the facts, and know the WHOLE STORY, its also not polite to question people's reaction to a suicide and the aftermath.

You're the Rock writer, sounds like there's enough material for a book here, assuming you have the investigative chops to get the Low Down?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home