Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: March Madness
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:36

Max'sKansasCity
At this point (and it is kind of pointless)
UCLA, BAYLOR, IOWA STATE AND LOUISVILLE...
with UCLA winning it all, maybe, but who knows?

My only original pick for final 4 still in it is Arizona. I'll stick with them.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 27, 2014 18:41

Pitino is 11-0 in the sweet 16...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:31

Natlanta
Now that is an interesting stat and makes me feel good about the Louisville choice.

Although bettors fallacy is correct, numbers usually do add up.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:47

Natlanta

That means he's statistically overdue to lose, right? Actually, living so close to U of Tenn, I don't know if I'm allowed to root for Kentucky. Especially when it's so rare that the UT Men make it this far, I'm pretty much locked into rooting for UT until at least about 9:30 tomorrow night!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 27, 2014 20:00

As with everything and everything, the trend is your friend. Of course one can make a lot of money trying to buck the trend, but when the trend continues and one doesnt make money, one can only hang one's head.

Bottom line, there is more money betting on the trend, no matter what gamblers fallacy (aka Monte Carlo fallacy) says.

Date: March 27, 2014 20:02

Good luck skill with your UT team Mr DJA!!

This can be a fun time of year.

Date: March 27, 2014 20:22

Thanks Max... Although we've been playing well recently, Michigan is going to be rough tomorrow. I'm hoping that they at least play well as, my band starts a gig at 10:00pm in a bar that will be full of UT fans starting by happy hour. A win will turn our gig into a celebration party while a BAD loss could put a serious damper on the number of people who stick around/come out to see us. Kinda selfish, I know but at least I'm honest where my desires lay!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 27, 2014 20:26

mr_dja
Natlanta

That means he's statistically overdue to lose, right? Actually, living so close to U of Tenn, I don't know if I'm allowed to root for Kentucky. Especially when it's so rare that the UT Men make it this far, I'm pretty much locked into rooting for UT until at least about 9:30 tomorrow night!

Peace,
Mr DJA

I think it means he's a great coach and he's really good when given a few days to prepare for a single team. UT and UK have both peaked at the right time. I'm an SEC guy so I like seeing all 3 teams in the final 16 after hearing how much the conference sucked all year. Whatever happens, there's some good roundball being played the next 2 wkends.

Date: March 27, 2014 20:55

Natlanta
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

I think it means he's a great coach and he's really good when given a few days to prepare for a single team. UT and UK have both peaked at the right time. I'm an SEC guy so I like seeing all 3 teams in the final 16 after hearing how much the conference sucked all year. Whatever happens, there's some good roundball being played the next 2 wkends.

Somehow I think your analysis might be more accurate than mine. No doubt that UT & UK both have stepped it up at the right time for sure. Also your last sentence is truely spot on... I love this time of year... Last weekend had David/Goliath & upsets galore. This & next weekend is just going to be fun to watch such good ball even if, more often than not, the favorites will tend to win. That's why they're favorites, right?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 28, 2014 00:57

pitino has been to the sweet 16 as many times as coach k has made the final 4

Date: March 28, 2014 04:07

mr_dja
Natlanta
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Somehow I think your analysis might be more accurate than mine. No doubt that UT & UK both have stepped it up at the right time for sure. Also your last sentence is truely spot on... I love this time of year... Last weekend had David/Goliath & upsets galore. This & next weekend is just going to be fun to watch such good ball even if, more often than not, the favorites will tend to win. That's why they're favorites, right?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yep that's right... so I just watched Wisconsin kill Baylor and I swear if there were no shot clock and Wisconsin won the tip they could hold for the last shot.

Posted by: stillweldozer ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:17

osu is outtt shit!!!!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 28, 2014 05:47

So Dayton appears to be this years Cinderella team which is nice because I am in a radio contest that drew teams for contestants and they were the first team they drew for me. You should have heard me groan when I heard that but now who knows. I also have Virginia(a #1 seed) so my odds are good although most don't have Virginia in the final 4.

Date: March 28, 2014 07:13

stillweldozer
osu is outtt shit!!!!

ohio state or oklahoma state?

Date: March 28, 2014 11:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 23:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 28, 2014 14:11

I don't know Max, my laptop flies pretty good... and if you have a tablet you can fling it like a flying saucer.

Gators look solid don't they. UF-Dayton will be interesting.

Date: March 28, 2014 14:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 23:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 28, 2014 15:17

Max'sKansasCity
Natlanta
I don't know Max, my laptop flies pretty good... and if you have a tablet you can fling it like a flying saucer.
grinning smiley I have flown plenty cd/DVD discs and a couple of controllers for my Xbox and one time I flew a car (it flew great, but landed poorly), but so far I havent tried to fly a whole computer... but it is now on the todo list.

bracket schmacket!!! winking smiley

Not sure how well pc's fly but I can verify that, when dropped from the roof of an 8 story building, printers fall WONDERFULLY! The sudden stop is also fantasticly gratifying after cussing the piece of crap for over six months.

I can also verify your observations on a flying car (the Dukes of Hazzard & TJ Hooker always made it look so easy!). I found out the hard way that my steering & brakes were WORTHLESS in mid-air. I got lucky on the landing as a big front yard after a light rain with just a small sappling proved to be a pretty soft landing zone. Wasn't feeling all that lucky when the officer read me my rights later that night though.

OK... Enough of that distraction! GO VOLS!!! 10 Hours til tip-off & 12:45 'til showtime!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:25

Boom! Three out of four correct last night smoking smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:29

mr_dja
Max'sKansasCity
Natlanta
grinning smiley I have flown plenty cd/DVD discs and a couple of controllers for my Xbox and one time I flew a car (it flew great, but landed poorly), but so far I havent tried to fly a whole computer... but it is now on the todo list.

bracket schmacket!!! winking smiley

Not sure how well pc's fly but I can verify that, when dropped from the roof of an 8 story building, printers fall WONDERFULLY! The sudden stop is also fantasticly gratifying after cussing the piece of crap for over six months.

I can also verify your observations on a flying car (the Dukes of Hazzard & TJ Hooker always made it look so easy!). I found out the hard way that my steering & brakes were WORTHLESS in mid-air. I got lucky on the landing as a big front yard after a light rain with just a small sappling proved to be a pretty soft landing zone. Wasn't feeling all that lucky when the officer read me my rights later that night though.

OK... Enough of that distraction! GO VOLS!!! 10 Hours til tip-off & 12:45 'til showtime!

Peace,
Mr DJA

You may need some help if it's an older model.

Date: March 28, 2014 16:46

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 23:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home