Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones (and all others) autograph on Beggars Banquet
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: March 12, 2014 04:40

Anybody want to weigh in on these and this? Take a look:

[www.ebay.com]

Really??

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Re: Brian Jones (and all others) autograph on Beggars Banquet
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:00

Maybe it's for real, but something about it looks off. The autographs don't seem quite right.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:13

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:18

Could Brian sign something that well by that time?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 12, 2014 05:24

It's got to be fake.

First off, it's a U.S. London pressing and not a UK Decca which would be more likely to be signed by Brian. Did Brian set foot in the U.S. in the 7-8 months from the release of this album and his death? I highly doubt someone from the US would have taken this LP to the UK and got Brian to sign it. Also, in the 60s, it was much more common to get autographs in ball point pen than any other pen. This looks more like a Sharpie.

That Charlie signature looks nothing at all like what a real one looks like, unless he signed it completely differently in the late 60s?
Bill's signature also is off. The Mick and Keith signatures at least resemble their real signatures.

A few years ago I saw a Let It Bleed LP fully signed including by Brian who had been dead for 5 months when it was released. I also recall someone selling a signed copy of the James Bond novel The Man With the Golden Gun signed by Ian Fleming who died in 1964. That final novel of his was published postumously in 1965.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 05:27 by Halup.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:03

Looks fake to me. Don't think Keith signed his last name as Richards back then either?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:29

Ah yes, Howlin' Wolf was a wise man!

Looking at this item for just a minute...off the top of my head I thought --
those are NOT the signatures of Jagger and Brian and Keith was using "Richard" with no "s' at the time. Definitely not Charlie and pretty sure not Bill.

Could be wrong but the only time all the Stones signed their names on "Beggar's Banquet" was at a London promo party when the LP was released in the UK.

As I posted once on IORR, that UK LP was given to me by a good friend of the band. Foolishly, I let my younger sister have it. It was worth some five thousand dollars last time we discussed the subject but she had no intention of selling it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:03

Ha Ha not a single bid ... nice try anyway, is my comment ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:05

I've never seen a less-convincing Brian signature.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:29

where did i hear that story from keith:

" i signed albums for each member of the band, so did bill ..."

Richard

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 12, 2014 10:23

Stones used to fake own autographs

MARTIN KIELTY at 09:00am June 8 2013

Former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman says most of the band used to fake each others’ autographs when signing stacks of memorabilia.

His suggestion means that thousands of items of highly-prized personalised items could be regarded as technically forged – and the only name fans can be certain over is that of drummer Charlie Watts.

Wyman, who left the band in 1993, tells Rolling Stone: “There’s footage of us signing things in dressing rooms. There were stacks and stacks of books, programmes to be signed, and we just used to grab a bunch each and sign everybody’s name.

“We all learned to sign each others’ signatures – except for Charlie. He wouldn’t sign anything. But me, Keith, Mick and Brian could all sign each others’ autographs.

“When I see them for sale, I know two of them are not originals. But it was the only way to do it, because you couldn’t pass this stuff around. You didn’t have time; you were on stage in ten minutes.”

Watts is the ex-bandmate Wyman misses working with the most – and that’s one of the reasons he took part in the Stones’ 50th anniversary shows last year, even though he only appeared for two songs on each occasion.

“They didn’t want me on for more,” he recalls. “They said, ‘You only do two songs.’” But he adds: “It was nice, because I loved playing with Charlie.”

Wyman has previously stated he won’t appear with the band again. Now he reflects: “I realised you can’t return to something from the past. It’s not the same – school reunions, the old wife; it doesn’t work. It’s the same with a band.

“We’re still great friends, but I left that 20 years ago. I did archaeology, I write books, I’ve got a successful restaurant, and I’ve got a family of three beautiful daughters. That’s all I want in my life.”

Asked if he’ll be present when the Stones play Glastonbury at the end of the month, he says: “I’ll be on holiday with my family in France at the time – very conveniently.”

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 13, 2014 07:50

Rockman
arrrroooo!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: JK62 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 08:33

All done by the same hand, which is not a "Stone hand"= FAKE

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2014 08:36

...AND HEY did they have fine-point marker pens way back in sixteeee nine ??????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 13, 2014 08:50

That shit is signed last week...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 13, 2014 13:28

Come On
That shit is signed last week...grinning smiley

So Brian is still alive?

Date: March 13, 2014 18:59

The only way autographs have any value to me is if I actually get them in person. Although it would not surprise me if at least one (or more) person(s) on IORR has an actual album or other memorabilia signed in person by Brian and the rest of the Stones during the 1963 to '68 era.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:43

Ignoring this one, it's not unlikley that there are some fully signed Beggars Banquet albums out there.

One or a few of the dedicated fans that hung outside Olympic Studios might have one for example.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:53

It is a fake, I know

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:54

I think it's fake too........it would be worth a lot more if it was real

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:55

IF someone actually buys this, then I've got an autographed copy of GRRR signed by Brian!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:20

grinning smiley
DGA35
IF someone actually buys this, then I've got an autographed copy of GRRR signed by Brian!!

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home